Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Its time for our ~winter~ meet

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-09, 08:59 AM
goelise
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I have been before to the one up north and it was a blast. I think we where there for ~ 2 hours? McGrath did a event where they paid for it and I almost didnt go due to the drive I had from where I was living at the time. Man it was a blast and we have talked about this forever and something always comes up! We expect you to come goelise, especially if its at CIR, since you can lead the way I think I recall some wagers that where left open from the other thread too

Either way I am down to meet up I can call them if we know how many are going to see if there is a group discount or not if we have enough interest.

sounds good Mike, you guys decide if you want to go there.

I'm actually going to CIR today, you don't need a group to go. They are offering a good deal there right now. For annual license holders its 7 races for $70 but you must do all of your races in one day.
Old 01-02-09, 09:58 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

What about for people who are not regulars? I thought it was $20 a race or more?
Old 01-02-09, 10:52 AM
goelise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VikH
What about for people who are not regulars? I thought it was $20 a race or more?
$25 for each of the first 2 races then its $10 for each race afterwards, how many races you participate in is up to you. If you want to race wheel to wheel this is a very small price to pay. Compare it to full sized cars or even owning your own race kart this is very, very cheap to be able to just show up and drive. No maintenance, no worries if you make contact with other karts. They even supply your race gear for you.
Bottom line: you gotta pay to play, relatively speaking - karting is very cheap.

It is the same skill set, (hitting your late apexes, racecraft) you use for these karts that you use for full sized race cars. If you fast in these karts, you'll be fast in a full size race car.

for those who care: I'm racing tonight (1/2/09) starting at 7PM @ CIR Buffalo Grove for 7 races. If you care to join in you can call (847)941-9400 and show up and race. It'd be great to meet and race with you.
Old 01-02-09, 03:49 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Thanks. I didn't know about price, but I have raced there before. Porsche Exchange had an event in September which was free, so I had no clue how much it cost.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3852156-post81.html

It is really fun! Who is in?

P.S. I have lost almost 20 lbs since then, so it will be interesting to see how much faster I run.
Old 01-02-09, 04:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

P.S. I have lost almost 20 lbs since then, so it will be interesting to see how much faster I run.
man have you been eating I know those Volk rims are going to cost you but you do have to eat something

I am in for this lest do it
Old 01-02-09, 04:42 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

I'm in, let's do this
Old 01-02-09, 05:36 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

man have you been eating I know those Volk rims are going to cost you but you do have to eat something

I am in for this lest do it
LOL! I save $100 every week by not eating! After 30 weeks, I will have enough to buy the Volks!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-09, 09:05 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VikH, I saw you pulling out of the Schaumburg Best Buy parking lot on Christmas Eve... doing some last minute shopping, weren't you??? I was driving my wife's 4Runner so you didn't even bother to look my way
Old 01-03-09, 09:13 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by goelise
$25 for each of the first 2 races then its $10 for each race afterwards, how many races you participate in is up to you. If you want to race wheel to wheel this is a very small price to pay. Compare it to full sized cars or even owning your own race kart this is very, very cheap to be able to just show up and drive. No maintenance, no worries if you make contact with other karts. They even supply your race gear for you.
Bottom line: you gotta pay to play, relatively speaking - karting is very cheap.

It is the same skill set, (hitting your late apexes, racecraft) you use for these karts that you use for full sized race cars. If you fast in these karts, you'll be fast in a full size race car.

for those who care: I'm racing tonight (1/2/09) starting at 7PM @ CIR Buffalo Grove for 7 races. If you care to join in you can call (847)941-9400 and show up and race. It'd be great to meet and race with you.

you live at this place dont you

What is the age limit or weight limit to get on to a cart? wondering if my 12yr old son can get on one? I dont want to bring him and they wont let him on.

Okay so can we select a date and get this firmed up to see if this is a go or not??
Old 01-03-09, 09:27 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oblivionis
VikH, I saw you pulling out of the Schaumburg Best Buy parking lot on Christmas Eve... doing some last minute shopping, weren't you??? I was driving my wife's 4Runner so you didn't even bother to look my way
You see me everywhere! Stop stalking me.

LOL. Yeah, I didn't buy anything cause they were sold out of GTA IV for PS3 Although I did buy my dad some golf stuff at Golf Galaxy next door.
Old 01-03-09, 10:04 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What is the age limit or weight limit to get on to a cart? wondering if my 12yr old son can get on one? I dont want to bring him and they wont let him on.

Okay so can we select a date and get this firmed up to see if this is a go or not??
I think one would need a driving license to drive these.
Old 01-03-09, 02:14 PM
goelise
Pole Position

guilty as charged. I like racing.

there is a program that allows kid as young as 7 years old to race there BUT they have to attend a kid's course. After that your child can race on the tracks by themselves once the staff signs off on them. My kids will start in a few more years here to learn race track etiquette, racing technique including racecraft. Last night they had track 2 for the kids - the parents were supervising including a SCCA instructor. Many of these kids are being groomed for racing careers. There was one 15 year old there who is already racing a spec Miata during the racing season and he was keeping his skills sharp.

Yeah, if your kid is too young to have a license you'll have to put them through this class. Its because of the speed of these karts and they are fast enough to require the helmet and protective gear. There is an arcade/restaurant/billiards upstairs too.

I got 14.36 seconds best lap time on track 1 last night counterclockwise.
Ranked 27 out of 147,231. Yeah baby!

Last edited by goelise; 01-03-09 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-03-09, 02:21 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ okay you arent allowed to come with us with those times and your ranks

So you can show us a thing or 2 then, I am going to look into the stuff for the kids then. I like that idea and taking my son, thanks for the info
Old 01-03-09, 04:38 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds fun, I can see this becoming addictive..... lol
Old 01-06-09, 10:57 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You see me everywhere! Stop stalking me.

LOL. Yeah, I didn't buy anything cause they were sold out of GTA IV for PS3 Although I did buy my dad some golf stuff at Golf Galaxy next door.

Ha ha ha.... I found one on the lowest shelf hidden behind some other games and I bought it. I got a PS3 for Christmas so I was looking for games.

I always notice 2nd gen. IS's on the road. And yours is very easy to spot with that awesome drop.

Quick Reply: Its time for our ~winter~ meet