Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Its time for our ~winter~ meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-08, 08:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

okay I will take it my idea wasnt liked

so throw some ideas. Jeff they have a small area to eat, cant say its anything special but could be fun. I passed it a week ago and thought many in the past where wanting to do this so what does everyone want to do?
Old 12-31-08, 09:09 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about me
Old 12-31-08, 03:19 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike,
CIR is a good idea. The only problem is that it can get expensive.
What does everyone think?
Old 12-31-08, 03:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXUS_KID
What about me
you better show
Old 01-01-09, 06:18 PM
goelise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by passnu2
http://www.chicagoindoorracing.com/

The meet will be at Chicago Indoor Racing in Addison/Bloomingdale. This way we can all race and have some fun with the go carts and its in a central area for everyone to get to. Plenty of parking and I am sure we can have a good time

So lets firm up the date now, I will call and see if we get any group discounts once we have a date/time and see what needs to be done.

So whos on board
I hope you guys have fun if you guys wind up going to CIR.
Old 01-01-09, 06:55 PM
habeeb89
Lexus Test Driver

So is anything "final" yet as to where and when?
Old 01-01-09, 07:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^I am open to suggestions. Do we want to just eat get a beer and chill?? or do we want to do something like CIR another option would be Dave & Busters in Addison for games if anyone gets into that.

Food and Drinks is fine with me. Just shooting some ideas so everyone has a good time.
Old 01-01-09, 08:48 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Update

Dates:
January 3rd - 4th
January 11th
January 17th - 18th
January 24th - 25th
January 31st - February 1st

Locations:
Portillos - Schaumburg (The one further west on Golf Rd.)
Hooters - Schaumburg
Buona Beef - Schaumburg
Sushi Station - Schaumburg
Chicago Indoor Racing - Addison
Dave and Busters - Addison
Old 01-01-09, 09:23 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

So how about we finally do the Chicago Indoor Racing. This is winter and a perfect time to do this. Get a nice larger group going too. Meets at restaurant are okay but this would be real fun.
Old 01-01-09, 11:55 PM
goelise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
So how about we finally do the Chicago Indoor Racing. This is winter and a perfect time to do this. Get a nice larger group going too. Meets at restaurant are okay but this would be real fun.
Just my opinion: Dave and Busters cannot compete with the amount of fun you can have at CIR.

Every time I go to CIR I come out like this >
Old 01-02-09, 05:20 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
I agree

Originally Posted by goelise
Just my opinion: Dave and Busters cannot compete with the amount of fun you can have at CIR.

Every time I go to CIR I come out like this >
so true but others may like the other option better, want to make it fair for everyone and something affordable.
Old 01-02-09, 06:56 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

I am more interested in just getting some food/drink and just hanging out for a while. Never been to CIR but in sounds like an all day event but maybe that's incorrect?
Old 01-02-09, 07:15 AM
goelise
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gaugster
I am more interested in just getting some food/drink and just hanging out for a while. Never been to CIR but in sounds like an all day event but maybe that's incorrect?
yeah, i figured thats what you guys are interested in, hanging out for a while.

Its all up to you how many races you want to do at CIR and that will dictate how long you'll be there.

If you've never been there I will say to you that you'll be in for a workout, it is not the 'go -carts' of Wisconsin as you may remember. These are referred to as 'karts' meaning they are more geared for adults and therefore, you'll have some good road-racing/wheel to wheel experience. A lot of the regulars there at CIR have real race cars or outdoor karts and use CIR to keep their skills sharp during the off season.

Originally Posted by passnu2
I agree

so true but others may like the other option better, want to make it fair for everyone and something affordable.

There is a restaurant and arcade there with a view of the racetracks. You don't have to race if you don't want to. Others can have beer in hand and watch the races happening in front of them. Relatively speaking, karting is the cheapest form of motorsport there is. Especially with indoor karting, all you do is show up and drive for as cheap as $10 a race. Thats a good deal.

Have a good time guys in whatever u decide.

Last edited by goelise; 01-02-09 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-02-09, 07:25 AM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

| |
Old 01-02-09, 07:58 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by goelise
yeah, i figured thats what you guys are interested in, hanging out for a while.

Its all up to you how many races you want to do at CIR and that will dictate how long you'll be there.

If you've never been there I will say to you that you'll be in for a workout, it is not the 'go -carts' of Wisconsin as you may remember. These are referred to as 'karts' meaning they are more geared for adults and therefore, you'll have some good road-racing/wheel to wheel experience. A lot of the regulars there at CIR have real race cars or outdoor karts and use CIR to keep their skills sharp during the off season.

There is a restaurant and arcade there with a view of the racetracks. You don't have to race if you don't want to. Others can have beer in hand and watch the races happening in front of them. Relatively speaking, karting is the cheapest form of motorsport there is. Especially with indoor karting, all you do is show up and drive for as cheap as $10 a race. Thats a good deal.

Have a good time guys in whatever u decide.

I have been before to the one up north and it was a blast. I think we where there for ~ 2 hours? McGrath did a event where they paid for it and I almost didnt go due to the drive I had from where I was living at the time. Man it was a blast and we have talked about this forever and something always comes up! We expect you to come goelise, especially if its at CIR, since you can lead the way I think I recall some wagers that where left open from the other thread too

Either way I am down to meet up I can call them if we know how many are going to see if there is a group discount or not if we have enough interest.

Quick Reply: Its time for our ~winter~ meet