Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

:spotted: and (random talk)

Old 11-11-08, 08:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default :spotted: and (random talk)

Nice looking Silver 2gen GS with tinted windows and front light upgrades this am on Roselle road in Schaumburg??? Who is the proud owner of this car I was thinking it was Steve but not sure...

No pics I was sitting at the light day dreaming and not paying attn until the car was on the side of me. Dropped the car off this am for the remote start
Old 11-11-08, 09:53 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
Nice looking Silver 2gen GS with tinted windows and front light upgrades this am on Roselle road in Schaumburg??? Who is the proud owner of this car I was thinking it was Steve but not sure...

No pics I was sitting at the light day dreaming and not paying attn until the car was on the side of me. Dropped the car off this am for the remote start
Wasn't me....she's at home sleeping in the garage
Old 11-11-08, 10:52 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ It looked like your car to the T...Figured you would be in the other car.

on another note: Does anyone know what the radar is on the side of Roselle road as you head South into Schaumburg? I guess its 30mph and I have never gone that way before. Dropped off the GS and took my wife to work and just headed that way. Looked like a photo radar?? If so I guess I got a ticket coming. I had no clue what the speed limit was and was keeping up with traffic in the am. This was a permanent fixture not one of the video surveillance that the towns put out from time to time..
Old 11-11-08, 12:53 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

not me my car is white. is it a traffic light camera or a speed trap
Old 11-11-08, 12:57 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ it looked like your car to the t...figured you would be in the other car.

On another note: Does anyone know what the radar is on the side of roselle road as you head south into schaumburg? I guess its 30mph and i have never gone that way before. Dropped off the gs and took my wife to work and just headed that way. Looked like a photo radar?? If so i guess i got a ticket coming. I had no clue what the speed limit was and was keeping up with traffic in the am. This was a permanent fixture not one of the video surveillance that the towns put out from time to time..

:d :d Busted :d :d
Old 11-11-08, 02:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I think you may be correct?!?!? i have to go past it to get the car in a few hours so I need to pay closer attn to it. I cant imagine it was anything other then that but when I slowed down people where blowing past me so that is why I am wondering. That would have been ~ 7 cars that would have gotten nailed. oh well...nothing I can do at this point.
Old 11-11-08, 02:32 PM
99GSThree
Driver

Dropped the car off this am for the remote start

Who's doing your remote start install if i may ask?
Old 11-11-08, 05:38 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99GSThree
Who's doing your remote start install if i may ask?
Mark Sound in Schaumburg. Mark the owner has done the last ~ 7 cars for me. I was hesitant with the IS350 I had because of the push start button. I pulled the trigger on the GS today and these guys do great work!

I am taking my wifes Acura there in a few weeks to have it done. If you have a key to start the car its less expensive and also takes less then 4 hours to do. It took them a full day to install it on my car.

I am amazed with how this thing works. It takes about 25 seconds for the car to start. No Extra key was required. It makes the car think the break is being engaged for the car to start and goes through a series of steps and fires up. If you get in the car with out the Key Fob and hit the break it kills the car. Well worth the $$ and the great work they continue to provide me.

Anyone wants the info PM me and I can provide more information. I will try to take some footage in the next week so you can see it in process.
Old 11-11-08, 06:17 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Remote start is awesome. My buddy Don with the Supra asked me last night if you lowered your car. He saw you turning onto Cass. I told him that was you and he said it looked great.
Old 11-11-08, 07:06 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ Brain you need to stop out and check this out. To see in person how this works. I love technology

Tell Don I say hello and thanks! I will do a even trade if he likes it that much lol...
Old 11-15-08, 01:47 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Roselle Road radar

on another note: Does anyone know what the radar is on the side of Roselle road as you head South into Schaumburg? I guess its 30mph and I have never gone that way before. Dropped off the GS and took my wife to work and just headed that way. Looked like a photo radar?? If so I guess I got a ticket coming. I had no clue what the speed limit was and was keeping up with traffic in the am. This was a permanent fixture not one of the video surveillance that the towns put out from time to time..
I normally shoot down Roselle almost daily, except for the construction this summer/fall. I'm not sure exactly where on roselle you are talking about, but I'm thinking just south of the EOE. Leaving Schaumburg heading south to downtown Roselle there is a fixed radar gun with display. It's a Ka PoP. I had to send my Valentine one back to get upgraded last summer to pick up this new stuff. As far as I can tell, the speed trap construction signs use it too.

If that wasn't it, I heard they wanna put up red light cameras at schaumburg & roselle, higgins & roselle and golf & roselle
Old 11-15-08, 04:37 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

red light camera @ gary & lake (don't ask me how I know...)
Old 11-15-08, 05:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
I normally shoot down Roselle almost daily, except for the construction this summer/fall. I'm not sure exactly where on roselle you are talking about, but I'm thinking just south of the EOE. Leaving Schaumburg heading south to downtown Roselle there is a fixed radar gun with display. It's a Ka PoP. I had to send my Valentine one back to get upgraded last summer to pick up this new stuff. As far as I can tell, the speed trap construction signs use it too.
This is exactly what I was referring to. Is it there just to get people to slow down or does it takes photos? I didnt get to see when I went back but next Saturday I go back to drop off the wifes car so I will see it in day light. I was getting passed by others so I cant imagine it was taking photos unless others just didnt care

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
We dont have to ask, I know how you drive

so when are we going to see some performance mods to that F With a Twin Turbo set up and a S/C hitting the market I may have to sell the GS and get back into the IS
Old 11-16-08, 07:16 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
OT: I am thinking of getting a Passport 9500ix. I can't stand the falses on the v1 anymore. Plus it (9500ix) will tell you when you are approaching a red light/speed camera.

Last edited by VikH; 11-16-08 at 08:22 AM.
Old 11-16-08, 07:49 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

^ Wanna sell me your V1?? Haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: :spotted: and (random talk)