^ Wanna sell me your V1?? Haha
Maybe. The only problem is the 9500ix is $500

P.S. Sorry for hijack.
Old 11-16-08, 12:14 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
OT: I am thinking of getting a Passport 9500ix. I can't stand the falses on the v1 anymore. Plus it (9500ix) will tell you when you are approaching a red light/speed camera.
I think you should send it in. I told you when I used it..it went off like crazy in areas that mine never did. The V1 was the best radar that I have purchased for the $$. I think with the Passport you have to keep updating it for any new hot spots.
Old 11-16-08, 06:42 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
I think you should send it in. I told you when I used it..it went off like crazy in areas that mine never did. The V1 was the best radar that I have purchased for the $$. I think with the Passport you have to keep updating it for any new hot spots.
The V1 is known for falsing a ton. Maybe you had the K band turned off on yours. I am pretty sure everyone else gets the full false blasts from the construction signs. The Passport can be pluged into your computer with a USB cable. So it is pretty easy.
Old 11-17-08, 11:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

The V1 is known for falsing a ton. Maybe you had the K band turned off on yours. I am pretty sure everyone else gets the full false blasts from the construction signs. The Passport can be pluged into your computer with a USB cable. So it is pretty easy.
nope and everyone I knew that had this, reason for getting it, never worked different then mine did. I didnt change any of the settings If I get another it will be that but I like not having it now as its made me pay closer attn to my speed since *cough* Vik said I drive so good
Old 11-18-08, 09:42 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Roselle radar & Valentine Ones

The radar gun south of the EOE on Roselle is just trying to get people to slow down.
HOWEVER... about two or three weeks after they first set it up, i'm at the Nerge / Roselle light and my valentine reads 3, then 2 bogeys. I'm thinking, must be a cop with somone pulled over on the offramp... I cross over the bridge and bam! Two roselle crown vics sittin at the marathon station while there's another one flashing lights off on the side street across from the lake.
I'll take a super sensitive radar detector with arrows and a bogey counter any day.
And, FYI, for anyone that does have a valentine one that seems to false alarm often, you might need the upgrade. You can find out by running the serial number on their website. The new valentines have the Ka PoP as well as the new Junk function that from what i can tell prevents most false K/Ka signals.
Sorry, I don't mean to preach at all. I got my first V1 in 2001 and another one in 2007
(Hey, you gotta have one for EACH car)
Old 11-18-08, 10:07 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

nope and everyone I knew that had this, reason for getting it, never worked different then mine did. I didnt change any of the settings If I get another it will be that but I like not having it now as its made me pay closer attn to my speed since *cough* Vik said I drive so good
It picks up the same false signals in the same locations, so I am pretty sure it is not broken. Plus, it still picks up legitimate cop radar perfectly fine. Yes, you drive real good

Originally Posted by 1997Soarer
And, FYI, for anyone that does have a valentine one that seems to false alarm often, you might need the upgrade. You can find out by running the serial number on their website. The new valentines have the Ka PoP as well as the new Junk function that from what i can tell prevents most false K/Ka signals.
I am gonna check on this. Although it would be a b&^(h if I pay the money to send it out and it still does not fix the problem.
Old 11-18-08, 10:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I am gonna check on this. Although it would be a b&^(h if I pay the money to send it out and it still does not fix the problem.
I don't think this is the issue. I got my Radar ~ 7 years ago when I had the NSX so mine would have had dated software and I checked with in the last year and there was one update but wasn't worth it in our area from what I can recall. I think all you have to do is pay for shipping and that's it I would keep it if you want to have a radar. I have slowed down not having mine and the minimal driving I do now. I am sure spring will come and I will get one again

Ordered the Front lip for the GS But now I have a vendor that made a nice offer on the Job Design kit for the GS UGH!!! I really like both...What do you guys think? Stick with the front lip or go all crazy! My only problem with the Job Design is I am left with the OEM front/rear bumper covers and would have no place to store them and would want to slap them on when the day comes to sell the car. The lip I wouldnt worry about as much...
Old 11-19-08, 06:29 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

I don't think this is the issue. I got my Radar ~ 7 years ago when I had the NSX so mine would have had dated software and I checked with in the last year and there was one update but wasn't worth it in our area from what I can recall. I think all you have to do is pay for shipping and that's it I would keep it if you want to have a radar.
Looks like I have the latest software. I bought mine in 2006:

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8—POP2 with Euro Mode. This is our latest and best performer on both radar and laser.

Upgrade Recommendation: You already have our best.
Here is a link so you think I am not crazy:

http://www.radardetector.net/forums/...tion-sign.html

Ordered the Front lip for the GS But now I have a vendor that made a nice offer on the Job Design kit for the GS UGH!!! I really like both...What do you guys think? Stick with the front lip or go all crazy! My only problem with the Job Design is I am left with the OEM front/rear bumper covers and would have no place to store them and would want to slap them on when the day comes to sell the car. The lip I wouldnt worry about as much...
You're crazy! I thought I was bad when I wanted to get wheels. You have a sickness!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-19-08, 07:18 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

V1 received better detection results than all its competitors in almost all tests. Gonna try to find the study.

I didn't receive many false signals either Vik. Maybe you are running in the wrong mode.

IPASS always threw out the laser signal though.

Last edited by jmkiang; 11-19-08 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-19-08, 07:20 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

Ramps
http://www.radarbusters.com/worstcaseonramparticle.cfm
Hills
http://www.radarbusters.com/worstcasehillsarticle.cfm
Old 11-19-08, 08:18 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ Get back to work

I posted in your V1 thread. I think the guy that I sold mine to is selling it. Great condition and has everything to go with it. If I get a radar again it will be the V1. I am sure he will come out with something better then what passport did He is the master mind behind radar detection!!!

Vik...I am crazy!!!!!!!!!!! I think I am just going to keep the lip given the roads around here and being a dd. Just needs some rims for summer and its all done
Old 11-19-08, 09:39 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jmkiang
V1 received better detection results than all its competitors in almost all tests. Gonna try to find the study.

I didn't receive many false signals either Vik. Maybe you are running in the wrong mode.

IPASS always threw out the laser signal though.
There are a bunch of reviews that put the 9500i higher. Some of the tests you posted the v1 lost. My v1 is in big L mode. I'll reset it and see if it changes anything. I doubt it. Search for "Valentine 1 and Construction Signs". You will get tons of hits.
Old 11-19-08, 10:42 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

Hmm I will look into it

Mike, I have found my RIMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enkei RPM2 Hyper Black - 18x8 +45 19.4lbs
Old 11-19-08, 12:09 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Kiang, get at least 19s!!

Anyone know how to reset the V1 to factory settings?
Old 11-19-08, 12:48 PM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

They don't come in 19s. I don't want heavy wheels anyway.

These 18s are ~6lbs lighter than my Aspecs

Quick Reply: :spotted: and (random talk)