Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

The Grand Opening!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-08, 08:55 AM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Grand Opening!!!!

Hello all, I would like to invite everyone to the grand opening of my good friend Ming's Auto Accessory Shop. The name of the shop is Fizz Autosports, and the opening is this sunday the 19th. Now I know it's very sort notice, but there will be food, beautiful cars and overall great time for this event. The shop is geared toward the JDM, and VIP style. His main vendor JP, so all you VIP guy's come on out. The opening starts at around 1pm until and the address is:

Fizz Autosports
553 S. Arthur Ave. Unit B
Arlington Heights, IL 60005
tel 847.7971323
fax 847.797.1325
Email: ming@fizzautosports

Please respnd with your name and how many guests your bringing, just copy and paste the list. Thanks to everyone for your support.

1. Lex-Fiend (Johnny Jones)

Mods, I hope this thread is okay, if not please don't lock it, just edit whats illegal Thanks.
Old 10-13-08, 10:26 AM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

^ Damn I saw some of their rides at HIN.

Its awesome that they are so close to me too
Old 10-13-08, 01:29 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is cool, I always love new car mod stores. Will it be like Car Boutique in Schaumburg?
Old 10-13-08, 02:23 PM
Lex-Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

As far as car candy yes, but as far as style, not really. It looks like CB is more DUB style, and Fizz is going for JDM style.
Old 10-13-08, 02:52 PM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Brian231
That is cool, I always love new car mod stores. Will it be like Car Boutique in Schaumburg?
No offense to anyone there or whatever, but Car Boutique is an absolute joke of a 'shop'.
Old 10-13-08, 03:10 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex-Fiend
Mods, I hope this thread is okay, if not please don't lock it, just edit whats illegal Thanks.
Johnny, it's OK to post this as long as it doesn't become overly promotional for the shop since you know the guy . He (or you, as his agent on CL) needs to be a vendor before soliciting / advertising on CL. Setting up meets and being an enthusiast here is all good!

Have fun at the meet, free food always draws a crowd !
Old 10-13-08, 03:42 PM
99GSThree
Driver

Originally Posted by woaitsj3ff
No offense to anyone there or whatever, but Car Boutique is an absolute joke of a 'shop'.

I've been there a few times but did not buy. Prices seemed kinda high. Did you have the same experience?
Old 10-13-08, 04:03 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

the car boutique by my house closed which I saw coming considering everything was double the price.

I am going to try and make it this sunday as long as the weather is good and I dont come up with some last minute plans
Old 10-13-08, 04:23 PM
woaitsj3ff
Lexus Test Driver

1. car boutique charges like 50% above regular price.

example: nokya bulbs you can buy anywhere for 20 bucks, they charge 54.99.

underglow where you can get the same thing elsewhere example: top speed, or online for 200, they charge 449.99

install work is crap, my friend brought his IS300 there for some interior lighting done and they did everything with poorly spliced wires and electrical tape, nothing was heat shrink-wrapped, and after 2 months of use (and not continuous) the setup stopped working.

Their exhaust systems even just mufflers ring up at 300-400????!

And they say they do everything, the heck they do, I asked them one time to see if they could install a turbo kit for my friend's TC, it wasn't a bolt-on but it only required a few modifications, they replied, not if it isn't bolt-on..

honestly that place is a joke, and customer service is definitely under-par.
They have a huge catalog book they sell for like 10 bucks, and it's thick as a phone book, but yet they don't carry much in their store, most of the stuff they have on display, is just that, display, they have nothing in inventory aside from minor things such as.. switches, bulbs, and a few seats and wheels.

-- Maybe it's just me and my friends' experience(s), but that is the last place I'd ever go to for anything, parts, or even labor. --

sorry for the threadjack.
Old 10-13-08, 05:38 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. car boutique charges like 50% above regular price.

example: nokya bulbs you can buy anywhere for 20 bucks, they charge 54.99.

underglow where you can get the same thing elsewhere example: top speed, or online for 200, they charge 449.99

install work is crap, my friend brought his IS300 there for some interior lighting done and they did everything with poorly spliced wires and electrical tape, nothing was heat shrink-wrapped, and after 2 months of use (and not continuous) the setup stopped working.

Their exhaust systems even just mufflers ring up at 300-400????!

And they say they do everything, the heck they do, I asked them one time to see if they could install a turbo kit for my friend's TC, it wasn't a bolt-on but it only required a few modifications, they replied, not if it isn't bolt-on..

honestly that place is a joke, and customer service is definitely under-par.
They have a huge catalog book they sell for like 10 bucks, and it's thick as a phone book, but yet they don't carry much in their store, most of the stuff they have on display, is just that, display, they have nothing in inventory aside from minor things such as.. switches, bulbs, and a few seats and wheels.

-- Maybe it's just me and my friends' experience(s), but that is the last place I'd ever go to for anything, parts, or even labor. --

sorry for the threadjack.
All I ever bought from there was the squash air freshner refill and it was only once. They are overpriced. I typically buy online or use to head out to Top Speed in the city.
Old 10-13-08, 05:39 PM
jmkiang
Calf Implant Beta Tester

I agree. The guys that work there weren't exactly friendly. Didn't really try to sell you anything...
Old 10-13-08, 05:41 PM
2000LEX
Lexus Test Driver

I agree 100% they want 2500 for a set of wheels that is worth 1000 that place is a joke. Oh yea the employees suck to

Back on topic: what time does everyone plan on staying to?
Old 10-13-08, 08:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I wont be able to make it but please post up some pics and more info. We need more places and this seems to be a good all around place for what many will want on here. I will do my best to swing buy. I need a FULL custom exhaust if your guy wants to price it out for me I am all game to give him a try. PM me if you need my cell # or info. Its for an 06 GS430. I want SS mandrel bends (only) and either Magnaflow or Borla for the mufflers. I "think" the mid section of this car is identical to the 2IS but I didnt get time to measure when we installed the suspension.

1. Lex-Fiend (Johnny Jones)
2. Passnu2 (Mike) **Maybe**
Old 10-13-08, 10:42 PM
Deception
Lexus Test Driver

damn jones i was about to post this info up.

so any of you guys wants to go vip. my buddy ming is get junction produce products and etc.

i will probably stop by the shop and be there. so if you guys wants to meet there thats cool.
Old 10-14-08, 06:57 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope he sells these (squash air freshner) let me know

Quick Reply: The Grand Opening!!!!