Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Taste of Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-08, 05:41 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taste of Lexus

Just got an invite to "Taste of Lexus" at Arlington Park next month. Has anyone attended anything like this in the past? Please explain what it is all about, they state it will last about 90 mins. so we must make reservations. Long way for us to travel for 90 min, program.

Posting this in the Chicago forum area thinking your area has had this before.
Old 09-08-08, 09:18 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will have a great time. Once you arrive, you will proceed to register with your license. Then you will be provided a Lexus credit card with lanyard to register at kiosks to drive times and to obtain the provided food and beverage. I had a blast last year as did my sister. Definitely a must attend event. The test track is fun as you can really have fun with all the models and put them to the limits with the slalom and cornering around cones.
Old 09-08-08, 02:14 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Like Brian said it is very fun and very well organized, but I don't think it is worth it for you to make the drive down. The test track is very short. It probably lasts less than a minute (If you are flooring it the whole time ). If you guys were gonna do other things while down here then it might be a good idea. But to drive all the way down just for the TOL, its not worth it.

P.S. Brian: Change your MFing sig already!
Old 09-08-08, 02:53 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Mapquest shows 110 miles to get there. Isn't there a rather large mall nearby? Otherwise Thank You for saving us a long drive.
Old 09-08-08, 02:56 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xfirechief
Mapquest shows 110 miles to get there. Isn't there a rather large mall nearby? Otherwise Thank You for saving us a long drive.
Woodfield Mall is about 10 minutes south. If you are a Lexus fanatic, it is a fun event. If you bore easily, maybe pass it up. It is an hour drive for me, and I do not mind.
Old 09-09-08, 07:52 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there
Old 09-09-08, 06:07 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Taste of Lexus Event

Originally Posted by xfirechief
Just got an invite to "Taste of Lexus" at Arlington Park next month. Has anyone attended anything like this in the past? Please explain what it is all about, they state it will last about 90 mins. so we must make reservations. Long way for us to travel for 90 min, program.

Posting this in the Chicago forum area thinking your area has had this before.
The event may have changed slightly this year. In previous years, it's as some previous posters have noted, you register, get a "tag" and then you go to kiosks and "sign up" for test vehicles at certain times. The whole event was on a closed course. There was no "time" to the event, you had up until closing to test as many vehicles as you want, so if you scheduled for morning, you could techinically stay for hours and hours just driving everything.

I'm attending the NY/NJ event, but this year they're noting that it's a "90 minute" event and there will be a closed course for the IS and GS, while you can drive on the street with any of the other Lexus'. They're also limiting to two test drives. Not sure if two on course and two on road or what. I guess we can call customer service.

NY/NJ is before Chicago event, so I'll try to come back and post to see if you Chicago people need to go or not. I'm sure it'll be fun to just beat up a car in a closed course.
Old 09-09-08, 06:52 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
NY/NJ is before Chicago event, so I'll try to come back and post to see if you Chicago people need to go or not. I'm sure it'll be fun to just beat up a car in a closed course.
That would be great. Thanks Alexus!
Old 09-10-08, 11:26 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

I would really enjoy more closed coarse drive time.
Old 09-14-08, 07:51 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Exclamation Need a favor, don't have a reservation # but want to go...

Hey all,

Need to ask a favor, can anybody who is already registered add my wife and I, and our 2 friends who live in Chicago, as guests? If you can help us out, please PM me.

Here's the long reason why. 2 friends of mine who live in Chicago now want to go to this year's event. My wife and I weren't planning on going this year, so we didn't try and register. So now both my Chicago friends and I tried to register for the event without reservation #'s and it looks like the event might be full, but we both signed up for "Priority Standby Notification" and that's what got me thinking. It says you can add guests anytime you want. So if somebody is already going, please hook a fellow Club Lexus brother (and his friends) up!

Regards,
Wolff

Last edited by Overclocker; 09-15-08 at 06:34 AM.
Old 09-14-08, 07:56 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ I can do that for you. I am set for Sunday at 2pm is that okay? IF that works I can get on the site and add as many guests as it will allow me
Old 09-15-08, 06:34 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Is anybody confirmed for Saturday in the afternoon that could help out?

Thanks for the offer Mike, and I may take you up on it. But since my wife and I would be driving home to MI on Sunday, we would like to try for sometime in the afternoon on Saturday.
Old 09-15-08, 07:17 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

I am confirmed on Sunday at 2 PM as well. You are more than welcome to be my guests.
Old 09-15-08, 03:01 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Cool, thanks for the offer Vik and Mike. I'll let you guys know ASAP.

Anybody scheduled for Sat in the afternoon?
Old 09-15-08, 03:31 PM
itsme4g63
Driver

ive gotten invitations before but never have attended. Should go up sometime.

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus