Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Local Car show coming up

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-08, 09:01 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
That's funny because bodywerks still exists and has a different owner then autowerks. Where did you hear this?
I remember reading on a local section of another car forum that Bodywerks was moving locations to a larger facility and was renaming itself.

If you look at the two companies websites, you'll see the same cars featured thta they've done work on. Funny thing is, I know many of the cars and their owners (at the time) shown on both sites.
Old 07-03-08, 09:05 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Here you go:
Its official. As of January 1st 2007 we will be in our new location.

Body Werks is moving to a new 46,000 sq. ft. facility in Northbrook!!!

With our move we will also be expanding our scope of work to offer more than just body and paint work.

At our new facility we will have the following services.

-A state of the art collision center, featuring some of the newest technology availble.

Our new facility has 2 - Chief Titan 360 frame machines, 2 Car-o-liner bench racks, 1 Celete bench rack, Chief Velocity Digital frame measuring, 3 Blowtherm Italy downdraft spray booth's with waterborne curing capabilities. We also have equiptment and a seperate area for all facets of Aluminum repair. We are also in the process of becoming factory certified for Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus and Toyota. We are also a direct repair shop for 14 insurance companies.

-A State of the art restoration and custom body and paint center

We now have the ability to make our own panels, custom carbon fiber work, and some of the newest custom finishes availble.

-A 5,000 sq. ft. accessory and performance store.

We are finally getting in to the retail side of things.

We will sell and install:

Wheels and Tires
Body Kits
Performance upgrades
Interior upgrades
Mobile video and electronics

We will be carrying some of the best names out there, and installation team is combined of some of the finest techs out there.

We will also have our own Lorinser Tuning boutique. A first in the country.

Our showroom will be showcasing all of the products we sell as well as some of completed project cars.

We will also have our own dyno.

-Full mechanical shop

We will also be servicing all makes and models of cars.

-Auto reconditioing

We will beable to do the following services in house:

PDR - paintless dent repair
Air brush work
Wheel repair and refinishing
3M stone guard
Detailing

-Indoor car storage

We have 50 indoor car storage spaces available.

-On site rentals

We have our own fleet of loaner and rental vehicles.

We also have some unique cars to rent. We rent SMART cars, Lotus Elise, and Mini Cooper S convertables.

Most important!!!!!

We are changing our name. Now that we do more than just body work, the Body Werks name doesn;t cut it.

As of Jan. 1, we will be known as Auto Werks.

We will be having a grand opening party, and I will post the info once I have an exact date.

To answer a question that I have been asked many times, NO, I didn't sell out to some big company. Auto Werks is Me, Larry Chachko. I have out grown my old facility in Skokie, and I always wanted to do more than just body work, but never had the space.

Untill Jan. 1, the Skokie location is still open, so if anyone needs anything, please feel free to contact me.

Larry Chachko
Auto Werks of Northbrook
1827 Janke Dr.
Northbrook, IL 60062
(847) 498-AUTO
(847) 498-5858 fax
www.e-autowerks.com
Old 07-03-08, 11:09 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Yep, that was the plan but that only lasted for a little while. Both shops are completely seperate now.
Old 07-03-08, 11:31 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool I 'll make this is anyone else going to this

6.etc.
Old 07-08-08, 05:28 PM
gs300pnp

Default great weekend for auto enthusiast! additional events

That week is going to be great!

Here's other events happening.

There's an event at Union Grove Wisconsin Great Lakes Dragway on 7/25/08. Its Real Street Drags (aka RSD)

Next Day 7/26/08 is Sound Performance Open House at their new location in Bensenville IL.

Any of you going? to either event above?

And of course, I'll also checkout Auto Werks show!
Old 07-09-08, 05:02 AM
autowerks
Driver School Candidate

I am the owner of Autowerks and just wanted to clarify that I have no affiliation of Bodywerks. At one point the owner of Bodywerks was employed here but that relationship terminated long ago.

As far as the car show is concerned, I am hoping for a great turnout. We will have some very unique cars here including several of my families Batmobiles, many Lambos and lots of old school muscle. Many cars will be inside my shop so this will be a rain or shine event.

Ron Durchin
Autowerks of Northbrook
Old 07-09-08, 05:05 AM
autowerks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VikH
Doesn't the owner have a ballon white gallardo spyder and an orange gallardo?
I have the orange/black gallardo, an orange/carbon ariel atom as well as a host of others. That Knight Rider with the Autowerks tags is my uncles
Old 07-09-08, 07:52 AM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by autowerks
I am the owner of Autowerks and just wanted to clarify that I have no affiliation of Bodywerks. At one point the owner of Bodywerks was employed here but that relationship terminated long ago.

As far as the car show is concerned, I am hoping for a great turnout. We will have some very unique cars here including several of my families Batmobiles, many Lambos and lots of old school muscle. Many cars will be inside my shop so this will be a rain or shine event.

Ron Durchin
Autowerks of Northbrook
Ron,

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've been into the import scene since 1993 and ever since I can remember, Bodywerks and Larry have been pretty shoddy. I've never had a nice thing to say about their work, attitude, etc.

In anycase, I will definitely like to come by and check out the shop. I need my Lexus resprayed to freshen her up, and I'd like to do a color swap on my S2000. I'll call the shop soon.

Anyway, back on topic.

I may try to make the show...
Old 07-09-08, 12:26 PM
Lupin5
Driver

Originally Posted by autowerks

Ron Durchin
Autowerks of Northbrook
I had just confirmed that with my buddy over the weekend and you beat me in posting it up. Thanks again for clearing any question some might have had.