Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

2nd Official Midwest Meet/BBQ June 28th Busse Woods

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-08, 09:21 AM
69Stang
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Flying into Chicago on Saturday afternoon to pick up my new IS350 from the dealership. I won't be there in time for the meet however if you guys are doing a photoshoot downtown later that evening let me know.
Old 06-25-08, 09:33 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 69Stang
Hey guys,

Flying into Chicago on Saturday afternoon to pick up my new IS350 from the dealership. I won't be there in time for the meet however if you guys are doing a photoshoot downtown later that evening let me know.
Yes we are, or at least a few people are...this is separate from this event. PM VikH and he can fill you in on the times and where to meet. It would be great if you can meet us up. I may not make it for family reasons but will do my best so is the anticipation killing you yet
Old 06-25-08, 09:37 AM
69Stang
Rookie

Originally Posted by passnu2
Yes we are, or at least a few people are...this is separate from this event. PM VikH and he can fill you in on the times and where to meet. It would be great if you can meet us up. I may not make it for family reasons but will do my best so is the anticipation killing you yet
Thanks Mike, I will contact VikH. It's been a looooong wait all worth while though, sent you a pm about the nav overide install.
Old 06-25-08, 10:52 AM
DRE1615
Lexus Test Driver

I really hope the weather holds up, cuz I'm really looking forward to this meet. My phone shows lightning bolts for like a whole week straight.
Old 06-25-08, 11:25 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DRE1615
I really hope the weather holds up, cuz I'm really looking forward to this meet. My phone shows lightning bolts for like a whole week straight.
I hope so too! Although, they said it was going to rain all of last weekend and it really didn't, so who knows. As of now, the chance of rain at night is 0%, so the photoshoot should be okay.
Old 06-25-08, 11:41 AM
Lupin5
Driver

Was hoping to make it to THIS meet but I have something at 11:15 and right after that have a Birthday to go to. One of these days I'll make it out to meet you guys.
Old 06-25-08, 04:41 PM
Belement
Driver

Damn missed the first one due to problems, and now wont be about of work until 6.
Old 06-26-08, 06:22 PM
toyrolla07
Rookie

they are calling for rain on sat but it should be done with around 7-8 am, so it shouldn't be a problem for the meet
Old 06-26-08, 07:56 PM
Luder94
Lead Lap

Just dropped off the car with "Hondamanwill". He's doing a full engine, chassis, and drivetrain overhaul. Plus, I will have all my new suspension, rear end, and bushings installed.

It should be done by Saturday....I will finally be bringing a Lexus to a Lexus meet (and not a Honda).

The only thing I'll be embarassed about is the condition of the exterior....oh well. See you guys on Sunday!
Old 06-27-08, 06:55 AM
toyrolla07
Rookie

for those of you who don't know where Busse Woods is, I will have signs posted on Higgins Rd and throughout Busse Woods pointing towards the Grove

Busse Woods is located along Highway 290 and Higgins Rd.

You want to go east on Higgins Rd from exiting the highway and it will be on your right hand side with the entrance looking like this

NOTE: Main entrance off of HIGGINS Rd (SR-72).
If you are heading NORTH on 290, EXIT 1B HIGGINS RD turn right -EAST.
If you are heading SOUTH on 290, EXIT 1B HIGGINS RD turn left - EAST.
Old 06-27-08, 01:18 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Well i hope to see everyone out there...hopefully in my car which right now is sitting in westmont at mcgrath where it has been since monday. Took it in for them to look at the sirius unit and why i kept losing the pre-set channels. Didnt think it would take all week. Also tried to get them to switch to the low dust brakes...and two different service people said they have never heard of a TSB for the brakes on the 2IS.

If i dont get it back tonight ill swing by in the ES loaner
Old 06-27-08, 01:36 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IceZ
Well i hope to see everyone out there...hopefully in my car which right now is sitting in westmont at mcgrath where it has been since monday. Took it in for them to look at the sirius unit and why i kept losing the pre-set channels. Didnt think it would take all week. Also tried to get them to switch to the low dust brakes...and two different service people said they have never heard of a TSB for the brakes on the 2IS.

If i dont get it back tonight ill swing by in the ES loaner
IceZ. You have to first complain about the excessive brake dust. Then hand them the printed out TSB. This works most of the time.
Old 06-27-08, 01:45 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

well im not entirely sure that they released one for the 08 model yet. But i was surprized when they said they never heard of it on any of the 2IS's 06 or 07.
Old 06-27-08, 02:12 PM
IceZ
Pole Position

Well i guess the sirius unit did not come in today

So the loaner ES it is for the weekend.
Old 06-27-08, 02:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^^its all good just go and have fun. Lots of good people on the chicago section here that you will meet. Sorry I wont make this one due to family. But will catch up another time for sure!

I want to see lots of pics and good ones!

Quick Reply: 2nd Official Midwest Meet/BBQ June 28th Busse Woods