Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Sportbike Riders

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-08, 05:04 PM
allklr
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sportbike Riders

Anyone else here ride? I know someone posted a for sale pic on a Ducati. Just started looking at a Suzuki GSXR 1000. The last time I rode was when I had a 98 GSXR 750, The wife is giving me the for now so we'll see....
Old 06-02-08, 05:07 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allklr
Anyone else here ride? I know someone posted a for sale pic on a Ducati. Just started looking at a Suzuki GSXR 1000. The last time I rode was when I had a 98 GSXR 750, The wife is giving me the for now so we'll see....
I wish I had a bike, I had come across a bike meet at a Shell gas station two weeks back with about 40 crotch rockets and was in awe.
Old 06-02-08, 05:58 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I owned that bike you are looking at Its one heck of a bike. I miss it at times but I must say its getting harder and harder to ride around here. You really have to go South or out West to enjoy the ride and not deal with the other @%!* on the road.

I am friends with one of the owners of DGY motorsports in Downers Grove if you are interested I can pass his info along to you!

here are pics of mine! I took all but the decal on the tank off as its under the clear coat. I installed the High Mount exhaust!

Old 06-02-08, 06:54 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Use to ride...But take a look at my left leg and shake my hand and you'll see why I dont.

I miss riding very much.
Old 06-02-08, 07:35 PM
allklr
Pole Position

That is a great looking bike, I got my 96 GSXR 750 from DGY. Micron is an excellent pipe, I think their office is in the area somewhere. I know what you mean about riding around here. I look at the traffic as I go to work and I would not want to ride in that congestion.

Originally Posted by passnu2
I owned that bike you are looking at Its one heck of a bike. I miss it at times but I must say its getting harder and harder to ride around here. You really have to go South or out West to enjoy the ride and not deal with the other @%!* on the road.

I am friends with one of the owners of DGY motorsports in Downers Grove if you are interested I can pass his info along to you!

here are pics of mine! I took all but the decal on the tank off as its under the clear coat. I installed the High Mount exhaust!
Old 06-02-08, 08:28 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

haha...I just noticed a pattern here and in all my garage pics. I always have rims stacked up!!! I need to stop buying aftermarket rims

Except that garage in the pic is EMPTY now This market is killing me.
Old 06-03-08, 05:09 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

My bike....sold a couple years ago I miss it
Attached Thumbnails Sportbike Riders-r61.jpg  
Old 06-03-08, 05:10 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Yum..
Attached Thumbnails Sportbike Riders-r62.jpg  
Old 06-03-08, 07:55 AM
allklr
Pole Position

That is sharp! You really cleaned up alot on that bike. No mirrors? That license plate is in the perfect spot. Is that an R1 or R6?
Old 06-03-08, 08:25 AM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

That is sharp! You really cleaned up alot on that bike. No mirrors? That license plate is in the perfect spot. Is that an R1 or R6?
Thanks bro...yeah no mirrors...I never used them except to see if the cops were chasing me Honestly I had some small carbon fiber ones but no matter how I adjusted them all I saw were my shoulders so I just got rid of them....I thought the bike looked a lot better without them.

It was an r6 special edition...I loved 600's over the 1k's. So much easier to throw around the corners because of the weight difference. It was funny b/c all my friends that had the 1k's could never beat me off the line, they would get pissed...60-100+ was a different story

I fabricated the license plate holder myself at my work's machine shop...the cops didn't really like i though but I never removed it.

Here's another pic with the flush mounts...did I mention that I miss my bike?
Attached Thumbnails Sportbike Riders-r63.jpg  
Old 06-03-08, 10:20 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Looks good! I always liked that bike also. Many of my friends had the R6 all done up with performance mods. You can do some sick stuff with that bike!
Old 06-03-08, 03:59 PM
allklr
Pole Position

You should have gotten a patent on that license plate holder, I see those alot right now. I always liked the 750's myself, I started checking out the 1k since they are just as light as my 750 was. Flush mounts look good, Did you do the undertail kit also?

Why did you guys get rid of your bikes?
Old 06-03-08, 05:42 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I got rid of my bike as I did not have an M drivers license and got in a decent amount of trouble. I also had a buddy I would ride with that got into crazy trouble. I had too much fun on it needless to say! That bike was fast and I was all of 150 lbs on that bike!

The other reason as mentioned above was it was hard to ride anywhere. Where I lived was crazy with the traffic. I would go out by NIU a lot and have my fun down some roads.

Just be careful around here and make sure you get the M license if you haven't. Its not worth taking the risk....lots of court time and money I got out of it as it was just due to speed. My buddy was no so fortunate but driving down Randall Road in Elgin pulling a wheelie going pretty fast! Sad thing is I didn't know the cop was behind me when I was ridding. I had just got my Helmut and took the bike out and opened it up to pull into my neighborhood with a few cars all over me All I had was a learners permit at the time and was alone on the bike. Of course I didnt ride it after that

I would much rather have a car and fix it up on the weekends then a Bike now.
Old 06-03-08, 07:27 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

You should have gotten a patent on that license plate holder, I see those alot right now. I always liked the 750's myself, I started checking out the 1k since they are just as light as my 750 was. Flush mounts look good, Did you do the undertail kit also?

Why did you guys get rid of your bikes?
My buddy has a new gsxr 750 and I love it...flush mounts were made by Grigg(sp)...no undertail kit since I really didn't need it.

Many reasons for getting rid of it:
1) I couldn't control myself - I started getting way too risky...popping wheelies, going down to the city at an averarage speed of 130+, taking out my friend's hayabusa on 88 and doing 190...it was so dumb... I'm an adrenaline junky...pushing the limits was an addiction for me and I had way too much going for me
2) Didn't have time to ride as my career progressed
3) Last straw was when my brother got hit on his Harley...he's been riding for years without an incident. He was alright but my Mom freaked out and pleaded with me to get rid of it...I've never dropped a bike but I've had a few close calls with other drivers...it just takes that one time

I'll probably get a cruiser down the road...I've been thinking of building my own chopper
Old 06-16-08, 07:32 AM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Riders

I ride. Here is my ride. I got a white zx10r and a zx6r for the best of both worlds. I was at the last meet on my bike.

Quick Reply: Sportbike Riders