Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

5/18 Lexus and Lunch: Schaumburg area meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-08, 01:24 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am uploading them now! photo(sucks)bucket takes for ever!

i will start a new thread so we can post all the pics in

Nice to meet Steve, Mike, Paul & his wife, Matt, & Dave's wife. Good to see everyone again from the last meet
Old 05-18-08, 04:12 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Another great meet! We rule!
Old 05-18-08, 06:34 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
Another great meet! We rule!
Sorry I didn't make it out...Got the call from Urmil...But he never picked up HIS PHONE!!! when I tried to call him back.

Ania and I were at a Polish wedding last night....needless to say I was in no shape to go anywhere.

James and I were talking on friday about another Woodfield get together. Did he make it out there today?
Old 05-18-08, 06:39 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

No James was not there today. It was a small group but a good time. We need to start to plan for the Next large event so everyone has time to plan for it. Dave is going to call James and work with Woodfield Lexus again to see if they are on board with us. Its time to take this to the next level
Old 05-18-08, 06:51 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by passnu2
to see if they are on board with us. Its time to take this to the next level
James is on board...He's got a IS350 all Fsported out in the showroom...
Got a few IS Fs in there....you needs to trade up, mah man
Old 05-18-08, 06:55 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by neurocity
James is on board...He's got a IS350 all Fsported out in the showroom...
Got a few IS Fs in there....you needs to trade up, mah man
if James is making the payment I am all for the F
Old 05-18-08, 07:04 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

if James is making the payment I am all for the F
We all have big mouths when it comes to Lexus and our own personal cars. We all talk them up to people who dont have or are thinking of getting a Lexus. James knows this.

He knows that taking care of us...means we will send others to him. The IS crowd is huge for him...if you were thinking of trading up, he would make it right. I got him looking for a LS430 for me. He was working number magic on a 06' GS300 for me...But I'd rather have the LS.

I'm going to start a new get together thread...lets get some ideas for him.
Old 05-19-08, 08:49 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by neurocity
We all have big mouths when it comes to Lexus and our own personal cars. We all talk them up to people who dont have or are thinking of getting a Lexus. James knows this.

He knows that taking care of us...means we will send others to him. The IS crowd is huge for him...if you were thinking of trading up, he would make it right. I got him looking for a LS430 for me. He was working number magic on a 06' GS300 for me...But I'd rather have the LS.

I'm going to start a new get together thread...lets get some ideas for him.
I agree 100%. Many places have gotten lots of business because of the promoting and DIY threads I have posted in the 2IS section. They didnt give me any breaks in prices and most where not vendors on here. But if you take care of me then I will pass your info along...

I think I am in the market to DUMP my Lexus and not replace it but time will tell. Other things that are going on and a new career I have seriously considered having McGrath buy me out of the lease and sell my parts on here to other members or on ebay.

I would send James business when I run into it I cant say I would buy my car from them or him, nothing personal, I just get one heck of a deal being friends of the McGrath family and having worked for them. I have tested the waters at other dealers and got kicked out I am pretty lucky with this set up that I know I wont get from another dealer.
Old 05-19-08, 10:13 AM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No James was not there today. It was a small group but a good time. We need to start to plan for the Next large event so everyone has time to plan for it. Dave is going to call James and work with Woodfield Lexus again to see if they are on board with us. Its time to take this to the next level
Matt will call James.
Old 05-19-08, 10:23 AM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree 100%. Many places have gotten lots of business because of the promoting and DIY threads I have posted in the 2IS section. They didnt give me any breaks in prices and most where not vendors on here. But if you take care of me then I will pass your info along...

I think I am in the market to DUMP my Lexus and not replace it but time will tell. Other things that are going on and a new career I have seriously considered having McGrath buy me out of the lease and sell my parts on here to other members or on ebay.

I would send James business when I run into it I cant say I would buy my car from them or him, nothing personal, I just get one heck of a deal being friends of the McGrath family and having worked for them. I have tested the waters at other dealers and got kicked out I am pretty lucky with this set up that I know I wont get from another dealer.
Even after the weekend HID fog install we did (LOL)?
Old 05-19-08, 10:50 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Brian231
Even after the weekend HID fog install we did (LOL)?
If my condo doesn't sell or rent in 6 mos then yes...I sent out the Ballast today and asked Cliff to send the new one so we can install over the weekend. Sucks to have them and not be able to test them out!

There will always be another day to have a toy....I have had my fair share of cars for my age...I like to think so anyway. probably crazy for the cars and $$ i have thrown down. But as you know times have changed as of 2 years ago and well first things first.

I have to finish the rehab work on this place so i can sell it as you saw the cabinets and stuff laying around. I should show you some before and after pics of when I first stepped foot in this place and I did all myself when I was out of work. I enjoyed every minute also
Old 05-19-08, 12:37 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would send James business when I run into it I cant say I would buy my car from them or him, nothing personal, I just get one heck of a deal being friends of the McGrath family and having worked for them.
Anyone have James contact? He should get the credit for the business I gave them. The only reason I contacted Woodfield Lexus about installing my F-Sport Springs and Shocks was because of the meet they sponsored in Palatine. If they hadn't, I would not have considered them, since they are so far away.

Pending them fixing a noise issue with the suspension they installed, I would give them a good review.
Old 05-19-08, 01:04 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Anyone have James contact? He should get the credit for the business I gave them. The only reason I contacted Woodfield Lexus about installing my F-Sport Springs and Shocks was because of the meet they sponsored in Palatine. If they hadn't, I would not have considered them, since they are so far away.

Pending them fixing a noise issue with the suspension they installed, I would give them a good review.
Vick,

I should have taken a ride with you yesterday, but it is probably a strut bump-stop rubber bushing.
Old 05-19-08, 01:31 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian231
Vick,

I should have taken a ride with you yesterday, but it is probably a strut bump-stop rubber bushing.
Yeah, I completely forgot.

I called the dealer and hopefully will hear from them soon. However, there are several other members with F-Sport springs with this problem. I can live with it since it is not that noticeable, but I want to make sure the springs/shocks were installed properly.
Old 05-19-08, 01:57 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by VikDiddy

I don't think that is possible as James is in the Car sales department. It cant hurt to ask and I am pretty sure that Woodfield funded it so I think its fair. I am sure James will get some car sales out of our group in return! I have no issues sending him business.