Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > Chicago Lexus Club
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

5/18 Lexus and Lunch: Schaumburg area meet

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-08, 01:24 PM   #76
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,931
Default

I am uploading them now! photo(sucks)bucket takes for ever!

i will start a new thread so we can post all the pics in

Nice to meet Steve, Mike, Paul & his wife, Matt, & Dave's wife. Good to see everyone again from the last meet
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
__________________
passnu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 04:12 PM   #77
dkaplan435
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 925
Default

Another great meet! We rule!
__________________
David
--

'08 Obsidian IS-F. 0-60 @ 4.45, 1/4 @ 12.93

Previous: 2006 Lexus IS350, 1999 M3 Convertible, 1987 635 CSI
dkaplan435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 06:34 PM   #78
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,542
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaplan435 View Post
Another great meet! We rule!
Sorry I didn't make it out...Got the call from Urmil...But he never picked up HIS PHONE!!! when I tried to call him back.

Ania and I were at a Polish wedding last night....needless to say I was in no shape to go anywhere.

James and I were talking on friday about another Woodfield get together. Did he make it out there today?
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 06:39 PM   #79
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,931
Default

No James was not there today. It was a small group but a good time. We need to start to plan for the Next large event so everyone has time to plan for it. Dave is going to call James and work with Woodfield Lexus again to see if they are on board with us. Its time to take this to the next level
__________________
passnu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 06:51 PM   #80
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,542
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnu2 View Post
to see if they are on board with us. Its time to take this to the next level
James is on board...He's got a IS350 all Fsported out in the showroom...
Got a few IS Fs in there....you needs to trade up, mah man
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 06:55 PM   #81
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
James is on board...He's got a IS350 all Fsported out in the showroom...
Got a few IS Fs in there....you needs to trade up, mah man
if James is making the payment I am all for the F
__________________
passnu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-08, 07:04 PM   #82
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)
 
neurocity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,542
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnu2 View Post
if James is making the payment I am all for the F
We all have big mouths when it comes to Lexus and our own personal cars. We all talk them up to people who dont have or are thinking of getting a Lexus. James knows this.

He knows that taking care of us...means we will send others to him. The IS crowd is huge for him...if you were thinking of trading up, he would make it right. I got him looking for a LS430 for me. He was working number magic on a 06' GS300 for me...But I'd rather have the LS.

I'm going to start a new get together thread...lets get some ideas for him.
__________________
(Some sort of Sports Sedan coming...) 2009 Acura TL-SH Tech
2007 GS450 Mercury ML. 2002 GS300 Sport Design 1997 SC300 5spd Black on Black.1997 SC300 Black on 2Tone


neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 08:49 AM   #83
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
We all have big mouths when it comes to Lexus and our own personal cars. We all talk them up to people who dont have or are thinking of getting a Lexus. James knows this.

He knows that taking care of us...means we will send others to him. The IS crowd is huge for him...if you were thinking of trading up, he would make it right. I got him looking for a LS430 for me. He was working number magic on a 06' GS300 for me...But I'd rather have the LS.

I'm going to start a new get together thread...lets get some ideas for him.
I agree 100%. Many places have gotten lots of business because of the promoting and DIY threads I have posted in the 2IS section. They didnt give me any breaks in prices and most where not vendors on here. But if you take care of me then I will pass your info along...

I think I am in the market to DUMP my Lexus and not replace it but time will tell. Other things that are going on and a new career I have seriously considered having McGrath buy me out of the lease and sell my parts on here to other members or on ebay.

I would send James business when I run into it I cant say I would buy my car from them or him, nothing personal, I just get one heck of a deal being friends of the McGrath family and having worked for them. I have tested the waters at other dealers and got kicked out I am pretty lucky with this set up that I know I wont get from another dealer.
__________________
passnu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 10:13 AM   #84
dkaplan435
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnu2 View Post
No James was not there today. It was a small group but a good time. We need to start to plan for the Next large event so everyone has time to plan for it. Dave is going to call James and work with Woodfield Lexus again to see if they are on board with us. Its time to take this to the next level
Matt will call James.
__________________
David
--

'08 Obsidian IS-F. 0-60 @ 4.45, 1/4 @ 12.93

Previous: 2006 Lexus IS350, 1999 M3 Convertible, 1987 635 CSI
dkaplan435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 10:23 AM   #85
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Brian231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Candyland
Posts: 6,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnu2 View Post
I agree 100%. Many places have gotten lots of business because of the promoting and DIY threads I have posted in the 2IS section. They didnt give me any breaks in prices and most where not vendors on here. But if you take care of me then I will pass your info along...

I think I am in the market to DUMP my Lexus and not replace it but time will tell. Other things that are going on and a new career I have seriously considered having McGrath buy me out of the lease and sell my parts on here to other members or on ebay.

I would send James business when I run into it I cant say I would buy my car from them or him, nothing personal, I just get one heck of a deal being friends of the McGrath family and having worked for them. I have tested the waters at other dealers and got kicked out I am pretty lucky with this set up that I know I wont get from another dealer.
Even after the weekend HID fog install we did (LOL)?
__________________
2004 Infiniti G35, Every Option, Navi, Aero Kit, XM, HID, Bose, VSC, Heated Mirrors, Limited Slip, K&N, OEM/JDM Clears
2001-2005 IS300 Project Car Coming Soon
Former Vehicles
2007 Lexus IS250 AWD (Premium Pac, MOMO's)
2001 Lexus IS300 (TRD Intake, etc..etc)
1999 Infiniti G20 (6000k Phllips HID's, TINT, Stillen Intake etc)
C:\Users\gytis\Desktop\briansig1 copy1.jpg
Brian231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 10:50 AM   #86
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian231 View Post
Even after the weekend HID fog install we did (LOL)?
If my condo doesn't sell or rent in 6 mos then yes...I sent out the Ballast today and asked Cliff to send the new one so we can install over the weekend. Sucks to have them and not be able to test them out!

There will always be another day to have a toy....I have had my fair share of cars for my age...I like to think so anyway. probably crazy for the cars and $$ i have thrown down. But as you know times have changed as of 2 years ago and well first things first.

I have to finish the rehab work on this place so i can sell it as you saw the cabinets and stuff laying around. I should show you some before and after pics of when I first stepped foot in this place and I did all myself when I was out of work. I enjoyed every minute also
__________________
passnu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 12:37 PM   #87
VikH
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
VikH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 2,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by passnu2 View Post
I would send James business when I run into it I cant say I would buy my car from them or him, nothing personal, I just get one heck of a deal being friends of the McGrath family and having worked for them.
Anyone have James contact? He should get the credit for the business I gave them. The only reason I contacted Woodfield Lexus about installing my F-Sport Springs and Shocks was because of the meet they sponsored in Palatine. If they hadn't, I would not have considered them, since they are so far away.

Pending them fixing a noise issue with the suspension they installed, I would give them a good review.
__________________
Vik

2006 IS350 Tungsten Pearl/Black Leather Interior/Lux/Nav+ML
| 19" Volk Progressiv MEs | JIC Magic Custom Coilovers | Lexus HKS Exhaust | Rays Lugnuts | Full GFX Kit | Redout Tails | Black Pearl Emblems |
VikH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:04 PM   #88
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (0)
 
Brian231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Candyland
Posts: 6,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikDiddy View Post
Anyone have James contact? He should get the credit for the business I gave them. The only reason I contacted Woodfield Lexus about installing my F-Sport Springs and Shocks was because of the meet they sponsored in Palatine. If they hadn't, I would not have considered them, since they are so far away.

Pending them fixing a noise issue with the suspension they installed, I would give them a good review.
Vick,

I should have taken a ride with you yesterday, but it is probably a strut bump-stop rubber bushing.
__________________
2004 Infiniti G35, Every Option, Navi, Aero Kit, XM, HID, Bose, VSC, Heated Mirrors, Limited Slip, K&N, OEM/JDM Clears
2001-2005 IS300 Project Car Coming Soon
Former Vehicles
2007 Lexus IS250 AWD (Premium Pac, MOMO's)
2001 Lexus IS300 (TRD Intake, etc..etc)
1999 Infiniti G20 (6000k Phllips HID's, TINT, Stillen Intake etc)
C:\Users\gytis\Desktop\briansig1 copy1.jpg
Brian231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:31 PM   #89
VikH
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)
 
VikH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: IL
Posts: 2,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian231 View Post
Vick,

I should have taken a ride with you yesterday, but it is probably a strut bump-stop rubber bushing.
Yeah, I completely forgot.

I called the dealer and hopefully will hear from them soon. However, there are several other members with F-Sport springs with this problem. I can live with it since it is not that noticeable, but I want to make sure the springs/shocks were installed properly.
__________________
Vik

2006 IS350 Tungsten Pearl/Black Leather Interior/Lux/Nav+ML
| 19" Volk Progressiv MEs | JIC Magic Custom Coilovers | Lexus HKS Exhaust | Rays Lugnuts | Full GFX Kit | Redout Tails | Black Pearl Emblems |
VikH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:57 PM   #90
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)
 
passnu2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: .....
Posts: 13,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikDiddy View Post
Anyone have James contact? He should get the credit for the business I gave them. The only reason I contacted Woodfield Lexus about installing my F-Sport Springs and Shocks was because of the meet they sponsored in Palatine. If they hadn't, I would not have considered them, since they are so far away.

Pending them fixing a noise issue with the suspension they installed, I would give them a good review.
I don't think that is possible as James is in the Car sales department. It cant hurt to ask and I am pretty sure that Woodfield funded it so I think its fair. I am sure James will get some car sales out of our group in return! I have no issues sending him business.
__________________
passnu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-08, 01:57 PM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
a, ams, brian, club, schaumburg

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Join ClubLexus
Advertising


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info