Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Northwest Indiana

Old 03-04-08, 03:15 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Northwest Indiana

I'm out here in Schererville, just another suburb of Chicago. Just wondering if anyone knows of a great shop in the area that does time belts, etc.

Or even around the downtown Chicago area since I work downtown.

Thanks for any inquiries!
Old 03-04-08, 06:55 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiadon
I'm out here in Schererville, just another suburb of Chicago. Just wondering if anyone knows of a great shop in the area that does time belts, etc.

Or even around the downtown Chicago area since I work downtown.

Thanks for any inquiries!
I would say Sound Performance. They do good work.
Old 03-05-08, 09:36 AM
Chiadon
Rookie

Thanks. I'll check them out. I just picked up a mint 94 Z TwinTurbo so maybe they will be able do work on that one too!

90 Z na
94 Z TT 5 spd
99 GS400
05 Subura Baja Turbo
Old 03-05-08, 09:47 AM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks. I'll check them out. I just picked up a mint 94 Z TwinTurbo so maybe they will be able do work on that one too!

90 Z na
94 Z TT 5 spd
99 GS400
05 Subura Baja Turbo
What can I say? Good luck. The car is a pain to work on.
Old 03-05-08, 06:14 PM
cHiTwNGS43
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

90 Z na
94 Z TT 5 spd
99 GS400
05 Subura Baja Turbo

I love the old Z's....good luck and most importantly WELCOME!
Old 03-06-08, 10:47 AM
Chiadon
Rookie

Well I figure if I total all the HP on my cars I'm over 1000HP! That's pretty impressive or at least it sounds good anyways.
I'm loving the older Zs too, but I have to agree with the hard to work on part.
Old 03-06-08, 12:26 PM
Belement
Driver

Im right next to u in merrillville, I wonder if I have ever seen ur GS. If u do find a good place for that in our area let me know.

Last edited by Belement; 03-07-08 at 01:29 AM.
Old 03-08-08, 09:32 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

I've got a black GS with greddy exhaust so it's probably the loudest lexus in town, but not too loud, just perfect! It seems to be difficult to find places in the area to work on our cars so we're not getting raped at the dealer. Do you like the merr lexus?
Old 03-09-08, 09:24 AM
Belement
Driver

Ill be honest I really like dealing with them, but at the same time I know I am getting rapped on the labor. The parts guy wheels and deals with me, since im in there alot. When I did the tune up on the Sc400 he sold me iridum plugs for $10 a piece which I havent seen ne where else for less then $11.50. So they are good guys. Larbor though they get u pretty good, timing belt was quoted $600 for Sc300 and a clutch was $1300. But a good guy to talk to about that is Larry, hes the maintance manager. Let me know if u need his number.
Old 03-10-08, 09:54 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME Chiadon
Old 03-11-08, 06:43 PM
ortizarn
Driver

Well let's start by they are way to expensive on certatin things. I just got quoted for my timing belt to $650.on my gs 400. 85 to change the cabin filter which the parts guy said to come back . they where out of stock mean while i brought my boyy in which i didn't know he knows the parts guy so he pretty much told me come get what you need before he leaves. he's ready to move guys so get the stuff you need if he's giving out deals.
Old 03-18-08, 08:49 PM
Chiadon
Rookie

Merr Lexus quoted me $900 for the timing belt and water pump so I think I'm going to look elsewhere. There was another post that listed a location, I believe it was des plains just past O'hare so I called and they gave me a quote for $637 for the belt and pump so that wasn't too bad. I have 80k on my 99 GS4 so it's time, but I'm not in a big hurry.
Old 03-22-08, 08:53 AM
ortizarn
Driver

Default wow!

Merr Lexus quoted me $900 for the timing belt and water pump so I think I'm going to look elsewhere. There was another post that listed a location, I believe it was des plains just past O'hare so I called and they gave me a quote for $637 for the belt and pump so that wasn't too bad. I have 80k on my 99 GS4 so it's time, but I'm not in a big hurry.
thats a hell of a deal they gave you that for pump and belt. dam i might just end up going up there. put it this way they knuckle heads in Merr. lexus told me that I need to change my struts and my lower ball joints because the car was sitting to low. I was like really. he like look it's sitting low , I was like yeah it sitting low because it has a L-TUNE SUSPENSION! now i know they are just bull@@iting . if he couldn't tell dam what are they just making things up. or something. they try to hit me up for 85 dollars for a air cabin filter. 950 dollars for 16inch tires. that i'm using for winter. i was dam . i can just go to just tires and pay half of that and do little stuff here and there for that money.
Old 03-23-08, 08:34 PM
kit cat

lucky you guys, i was quoted 1200 for lower ball joints and outer tie rods at Tom Wood Lexus. I did it myself in like 3,4 hours.

man, everyone's up in northern Indy.
Old 03-24-08, 10:09 PM
ortizarn
Driver

Default wow.

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
lucky you guys, i was quoted 1200 for lower ball joints and outer tie rods at Tom Wood Lexus. I did it myself in like 3,4 hours.

man, everyone's up in northern Indy.
Well let put it this way lower ball joints are going in in 2 weeks the belt is being put in in three weeks. and hoping wheels will go in right after that just looking for a nice set of 19' to come up for sale that i'm looking for. i'm still thinking of going with some 18' chrome from a rx 330. i seen a guy on the forum with them on his caar and they look tight. I tryed my boys 19 g35 wheels and i like them to. so how was the job on the lower ball joints was it hard. i'm buying them in a few days to get them installed by one of my boys from work he told me he would help me. he has all the tools for them kind of jobs plus he's done alot of this kind of stuff.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Northwest Indiana