Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Bob's TT 6-Speed SC"400"

Old 12-24-12, 11:45 PM
Initial J
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey do you happen to see another DWP sc300 in the mount prospect area by any chance? i keep seeing i think you and your car and i wave to you all the time if that is you.
Old 12-27-12, 06:57 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Thanks for the warm welcome back guys :-)

Originally Posted by daily400
absolutely beautiful i have the same plans for mine but a little bit diff in the parts region.. man cant wait to see that.. any help feel free to shoot me a message
Hey Daily400, I don't even know where to start with the advice. For starters, Don't do it! LOL
It was a lot of time, and money. To be honest most of the time I was disappointed cause it seemed as if we kept chasing the next problem, broken part. The list of parts that have not been changed on the car is a lot shorter then the modified/replaced parts.
Now that the car is closer its starting to get fun again. If you want a project to play with and keep working one then go for it. If you want something that in 2 months is a show quality, 1000hp race & street & show car, the only thing I can say is

Originally Posted by Initial J
hey do you happen to see another DWP sc300 in the mount prospect area by any chance? i keep seeing i think you and your car and i wave to you all the time if that is you.
Hey Initial J Whats a DWP? I have an SC400, not the 6cyl. I'll assume that it probably wasn't me that you saw as I've only had the car out a couple times since I got it back. It is in Arlington Heights near Mt. Prospect. I don't have the high beam headlights in the car, so if you see a lowered White SC400 with no high beams that's probably me :-)
Where in Mt. Prospect are you, or did you see the other SC
Old 01-03-13, 06:34 PM
daily400
Pole Position

well i see what your saying and ive been shut down a 1000 times by everyone. but the only difference is my background and trainging in performance. i know its going to b absolutly crazy money but i like to brag and show off im looking over 1000 if i dont drop a zl1 engine in it out of a new camaro or possibly a coyote engine out of the new mustangs.. deff got to keep me posted on your car man i wanna see it really bad.. im glad to see someone acually being different then pack.. best luck
Old 01-04-13, 09:39 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Thanks Dom/ Daily400. I'm different from the pack alright. The 23z is a great motor, but the only thing that it really has that the 1UZ doesn't is the aftermarket support.
The heads are basically the same. the 1UZ has more displacement, alot more torque, and an Amuminum block. after you know what to do to build one they make alot more power, and tons more low end torque then the 2j. The low end makes it much more fun to drive then a simular HP 2jz.
Transmissions are the big problem that set this car back. only 1 option, and it seems most people are affraid to try and swap it with something else.
And building them up is a waste. I didn't have any luck with the stock trans.
Old 01-09-13, 10:34 AM
daily400
Pole Position

ive set my engine up different(had a little fun with timing) and i played with my trans just a little bit but now after i have had my fun with experiments my car is night and day different all 4gears pull hard as **** and my engine is now more responsive and faster reving. i raced a bmw m3 2011 and lost by 1 car id say thats good for being a stock car..

and anytime man i dont understand how people are scared to take risks and b different.
Old 01-10-13, 10:15 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

I'm not a fan of the stock trans. Some people have gotten decent success out of it, but I didn't. I went through to many of them. If your looking for 100 HP over stock you can probably stick with the stock auto if it's built, if your goals are much more then that I would look into a R-154/Getrag or a TH350-400 for an auto.
Thats just my oppinion though.
The auto trans burnt me to many times :-(
Old 01-20-13, 01:48 PM
1997Soarer
Instructor

Received 148 Likes on 117 Posts

Welcome back to the game Bob!
That pic on facebook dan posted almost a month ago made me smile. About 2 wks ago I saw it parked over by where Chris is working out of when I went over to Fizz. Still looks good!

Glad you bought it back
Old 01-22-13, 12:16 PM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Thanks Brian, We gotta do alittle crusin this spring. That trader Rayn went with a Mazda. LOL

The car is alot of fun, but it's needs some TLC. just about everything on it needs to be tweaked a bit, that and I'm getting some wheel hop and think the stiff lowered springs might be causing a lot of it.
Trying to find out if I need to raise it back up again. :-(
Old 02-22-13, 09:34 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

Hey Guys, The weekend of Friday March 1st - Sunday March 3rd is World Of Wheels at the Rosemont Convention Center.
www. ParkingGaraj.com & CMRacingonline.com are having a booth. They asked to Display my car for the event.
If you end up going please stop by and say Hello. Ask for Bob (rdm20fan) or Chris (chrisman) at the booth, and introduce yourself. I'd love to meet more of the Chicagoland Lexus Community.

This is the article they posted on the TunnerGalleria website.
http://www.tunergalleria.com/latest-...for-tg-chicago

The Parking Garaj, CM Racing, and 5th Element have partnered up to host a vendor booth at Tuner Galleria Chicago this year. The booth will be located in the special Tuner Galleria section of the World of Wheels show floor in Hall F on the first floor. This section allows a select number of our vendors and car competitors to be part of Tuner Galleria while still being able to participate in the 3 day World of Wheels show!

The Parking Garaj and CM Racing will be bringing out three twin turbocharged monster builds:

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS
2000 Pontiac Trans Am
1993 Lexus SC400
Old 03-14-13, 02:40 PM
daily400
Pole Position

Dam I knew I forgot bout something that weekend
Old 03-20-13, 10:57 AM
rdm20fan
Lead Lap

It was a good show. Tunner Galeria was upstairs, and World of Wheels was downstairs on the main floor.
W.O.W. had a bunch of really cool stuff! Loved the vintage rat rod stuff.

My SC got a lot of attention. The Forum ParkingGaraj.com and CMRacingOnline.com hosted it.