Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago Tint Shop Thread

Old 05-07-14, 05:01 PM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I was in the suburbs (Arlington Heights). I saw the cop too late. I was making a left turn and I saw the cop sitting in a parking lot as I completed the turn. His meter read my tint at 15%. I have no choice but to have them retinted at the legal limit. I guess it's back to Logan Square for me this Saturday.

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Sorry to hear that. That's too bad. Was it in the city or suburbs? What are you going o do?

On our car, I went with 40% even though 35% is legal. I went on the conservative side since I just didn't want the hassle. Not as dark as I would have liked but I've adjusted after two years with it.

On the SUV I went with 50% on the front sides which is legal. Again I didn't want the hassle of going darker.
Old 05-07-14, 06:23 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks... But more importantly, Illinois SUCKS!!
Old 05-12-14, 05:47 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default tintis chicago

Originally Posted by WNYX
I was in the suburbs (Arlington Heights). I saw the cop too late. I was making a left turn and I saw the cop sitting in a parking lot as I completed the turn. His meter read my tint at 15%. I have no choice but to have them retinted at the legal limit. I guess it's back to Logan Square for me this Saturday.
Wow, im shocked at how soo many people are still doing Tints at logan sq.
Old 05-12-14, 07:55 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Why are you shocked? I sent two other people there this week that aren't on CL. Ceasar is definitely a busy guy!!
Old 05-12-14, 08:02 AM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by linus73
Wow, im shocked at how soo many people are still doing Tints at logan sq.
This again.... really?

Yes, we know you have a tint shop... and do stereos...and do mods... and do whatever.
It's amazing how green you are when anyone brings up Caesar's tints and how quickly you point out when anyone has some complaint. Which WYNX wasn't really complaining.

Guess what, I've seen your work... You really shouldn't beat that horse too hard.

Lemme nutshell this for you. I flat out tell people to go to see Caesar, I call him prior and let him know the people coming are "my people". He always takes care of CL people, and will fix any issues that come up. Dealership specials, customers, friends, people here, people on two other car forums. This guy gets 20 cars a year just from me.

Quit trying to knock him. He's not even a member on this forum to defend himself.
Old 05-12-14, 10:32 AM
linus73
Lead Lap

Default tint

Originally Posted by neurocity
This again.... really?

Yes, we know you have a tint shop... and do stereos...and do mods... and do whatever.
It's amazing how green you are when anyone brings up Caesar's tints and how quickly you point out when anyone has some complaint. Which WYNX wasn't really complaining.

Guess what, I've seen your work... You really shouldn't beat that horse too hard.

Lemme nutshell this for you. I flat out tell people to go to see Caesar, I call him prior and let him know the people coming are "my people". He always takes care of CL people, and will fix any issues that come up. Dealership specials, customers, friends, people here, people on two other car forums. This guy gets 20 cars a year just from me.

Quit trying to knock him. He's not even a member on this forum to defend himself.
If i was knocking him id say something bad, but i didnt did i ?
Im just shocked at how many people just assume he is the best without checking out other shops. Not including me because I DO NOT TINT OR MAKE MONEY FROM IT.
Old 05-12-14, 10:50 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

I'm not sure what's happening here, but Ceasar did a fantastic job on my car. I would imagine he is getting so many people from this site cause he's doing good work and getting recommendations from each person that goes there...

As for checking out other people, I did do that, Shady Days up north is one of them, they do GREAT work, but again, they wanted $300 to do exactly what Ceasar did for $170...

I'm still confused as to why you're shocked?? You haven't really explained yourself, but the assumption is you're shocked cause you don't like Logan Square, which is probably why neurocity went off on you - I can't think of any other reason you'd be shocked - so feel free to explain..
Old 05-13-14, 09:26 PM
mkpoto
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having my tints done tomorrow, the tinter comes to your place or can do it at his location:
https://www.facebook.com/majortint
Old 06-17-14, 07:01 PM
gnm313
Driver

Default Abe's vs Cesar

I had Cesar do my 2007 and he was great. Want to do my new 2014 with tint and a bra. I am close to Abes, but Cesar was unbelievable and I would go back. Anyone have pricing from Abes and/or Cesar on the bra? Abes for Tint? Checked most of the threads but pricing is scarce. I think I saw Cesar is still around $170 for tint.
Old 06-18-14, 07:17 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by gnm313
I had Cesar do my 2007 and he was great. Want to do my new 2014 with tint and a bra. I am close to Abes, but Cesar was unbelievable and I would go back. Anyone have pricing from Abes and/or Cesar on the bra? Abes for Tint? Checked most of the threads but pricing is scarce. I think I saw Cesar is still around $170 for tint.
I had Abe do front side windows only on a CUV so the price probably doesn't apply. If you do call him you might ask if they offer a discount for having the tint and bra done at the same time. They mentioned to me that they do that. They did a great job on the tint.

Another good shop in the area is Tint To U in Orland Park/Tinley Park. He uses Llumar film and has a lot of experience and does a good job.
Old 07-01-14, 06:22 PM
ShelleyD
Driver School Candidate

Our dealership uses a couple different locations around Palatine, the best luck we've had is with Energy Guard out of Lake Zurich. The prices do range, but I can post some photos tomorrow afternoon showing the work off.
Old 10-19-14, 09:51 PM
andehchai
Driver School Candidate

Default Tint shops in Illinois (60192) anyone?

Anyone know any good places to tint a Obsidian 08 IS250 w/ Tan Interior all 5 windows...

Looking to spend 150-200 w/ lifetime warranty!

Northwest suburbs (Streamwood/Schaumburg/Elgin)

Thinking of doing

Option A) 35% all around (still think it's a little too light but police will like it)

Option B) 35% Front 2, and 20% Back 3

Option C) 30% all around if the shop offers it

Option D) 25% all around if the shop offers
Old 10-19-14, 10:27 PM
chi123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Honestly, just do 20% all around. I started with 35% since I didn't want to get tint tickets but they were too light. So I got 20% for years now and never got a ticket. I still think it's too light and might tint my windshield.

Old 10-20-14, 06:50 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Look at the top of this forum for "Sticky: Chicago Tint Shop Thread", there is a lot of good information in there.
Old 10-20-14, 08:08 AM
racsos222
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by andehchai
Anyone know any good places to tint a Obsidian 08 IS250 w/ Tan Interior all 5 windows...

Looking to spend 150-200 w/ lifetime warranty!

Northwest suburbs (Streamwood/Schaumburg/Elgin)

Thinking of doing

Option A) 35% all around (still think it's a little too light but police will like it)

Option B) 35% Front 2, and 20% Back 3

Option C) 30% all around if the shop offers it

Option D) 25% all around if the shop offers

umbro or is it called umbra? Not sure but they are in schaumburg and do an awesome job. Look them up on google. They are off wise rd. Not sure about their prices, but heard they were the best.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chicago Tint Shop Thread