Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Chicago Tint Shop Thread

Old 12-25-13, 04:31 PM
larry13
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blade223
Abe's did the tints on my GS350 about a week ago. So far so good. Looks great and I know he'll stand behind it.

Thinking about doing the clear bra as well.
Blade my car was in there last week too. if you want to see the clear bra pm me. great job!!! what color is your car?
Old 02-28-14, 03:40 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ceasar is the guy in Logan Square yes?? Can someone PM me his contact number??

Also, I've got a question and was hoping someone here can help. I've noticed at night when looking through the rearview mirror, I see double headlights from a single car. I just bought my GS, but right before I did, I test drove another GS 350 with tinted windows, this car had insane headlight duplication. At night with a single car behind me, the headlights would repeat from the top of the back window all the way to the bottom, kind of like if I had been looking into a mirror directed into another mirror - hope I'm describing this correctly!! Is this just a bad tint job, or do others have this issue?? Could it be the angle of the back window?? I just find it odd that my car has it as well and I don't have tints yet?? Unless the factory did it, but I don't see any visual tint line at the top of the window...Thoughts???
Old 02-28-14, 04:37 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
Ceasar is the guy in Logan Square yes?? Can someone PM me his contact number??

Also, I've got a question and was hoping someone here can help. I've noticed at night when looking through the rearview mirror, I see double headlights from a single car. I just bought my GS, but right before I did, I test drove another GS 350 with tinted windows, this car had insane headlight duplication. At night with a single car behind me, the headlights would repeat from the top of the back window all the way to the bottom, kind of like if I had been looking into a mirror directed into another mirror - hope I'm describing this correctly!! Is this just a bad tint job, or do others have this issue?? Could it be the angle of the back window?? I just find it odd that my car has it as well and I don't have tints yet?? Unless the factory did it, but I don't see any visual tint line at the top of the window...Thoughts???
I've never heard of that, from tint at least. I have 3M film in one car and Llumar in the other with no issues. Could it be something with the mirrors vs. the rear window/film?
Old 02-28-14, 06:13 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Default Possible

LexBob2, I'm not sure... I haven't looked at it close enough yet, I've only had the car 5 days. I'll take a look tomorrow.. Either way I have to figure it out, cause it's messing with my eyes...
Old 03-14-14, 10:26 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Took my car into Ceasar today... I had the rear, 4 side windows and a 6 inch strip across the front windshield done. I got there at 12:15pm and he finished at 1:55pm... Only charged me $170... The extra $20 was from the windshield... I'll post pictures in a few days once it's dried... Right now you can see a few streaks, but he said those will go away once the solution is fully cured...

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I've never heard of that, from tint at least. I have 3M film in one car and Llumar in the other with no issues. Could it be something with the mirrors vs. the rear window/film?
LexBob2 - I think you're right! It has to be the rearview mirror... I just got back from the Blackhawks game and driving home the duplication of headlights now goes from the top of the rear window to the bottom, so it seems the tint has enhanced the problem, but I don't think it's the culprit... Since adding the tint, there is a glimmer of light at each of the defrost wires in the back window... I'm going to take a picture and post it...The only thing I can think of is, the rearview is slightly out of wack and causing this issue.
Old 03-15-14, 06:42 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

What % tint did you go with? Same % all around?
Old 03-15-14, 10:30 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

35% on all side and rear windows. I think he did 20 or 25% on the front windshield.
Old 03-15-14, 12:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kuleaze
35% on all side and rear windows. I think he did 20 or 25% on the front windshield.
A good look. Plus you're legal..
Old 03-15-14, 04:06 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Legal? YES! But now I'm wishing I would have gone a little darker (25 or 30%) I will keep them for a while and see if they grow on me - if not, I'll have them re-done!

Chicago Tint Shop Thread-frontangletint.jpg

Chicago Tint Shop Thread-halfangletint.jpg

Chicago Tint Shop Thread-sideangletint.jpg

Chicago Tint Shop Thread-sideviewtint.jpg
Old 03-15-14, 04:09 PM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Now, I just have to figure out a way to lower her without getting the vibration everyone talks about with AWD GSs!!
Old 05-02-14, 08:24 PM
WNYX
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the information, guys. I'm going to try and get out there tomorrow, a little after noon.
Has anyone heard of Mr. Kryspy's Car Candy on Rand Rd. in Palatine? I've read good reviews, but I didn't see any luxury cars in his tinting history, so that kind of scares me away. He uses Sun Gard, if that matters.
Obviously, there's also Umbra, but he can't fit me in until beginning on July.

If I get it done tomorrow, I'll post pics up. I'll probably do 35% all around.
Old 05-03-14, 04:21 PM
WNYX
Driver

Just got back from Logan Square. I wound up doing 20% all around. Gee, the tint didn't seem that dark at the shop but definitely looks dark parked outside my home. I haven't driven a tinted car in over 5 years, and I forgot just how claustrophobic it makes the cabin feel.

I'm going to be honest and say the tint isn't perfect (I see a few dust particles just in my driver's side alone; I haven't checked the other windows yet), but I don't expect any tint install to ever be 100% perfect. Overall my experience has been wonderful! Caesar is really a stand-up gentleman. He remembered our phone conversation from a few days ago, which surprised me. He was also genuinely humble when I told him about the great things people on here are saying about him. I highly, highly recommend going to him for tint. Thanks Kuleaze and aliti19 for the info.

P.S. Those that recognize the decal on my car know that it automatically gives me 27 extra horsepower!
Attached Thumbnails Chicago Tint Shop Thread-20140503_174726.jpg   Chicago Tint Shop Thread-20140503_174749.jpg  

Last edited by WNYX; 05-10-14 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-04-14, 09:44 AM
Kuleaze
Intermediate

Originally Posted by WNYX
Just got back from Logan Square. I wound up doing 20% all around. Gee, the tint didn't seem that dark at the shop but definitely looks dark parked outside my home. I haven't driven a tinted car in over 5 years, and I forgot just how claustrophobic it makes the cabin feel.

I'm going to be honest and say the tint isn't perfect (I see a few dust particles just in my driver's side alone; I haven't checked the other windows yet), but I don't expect any tint install to ever be 100% perfect. Overall my experience has been wonderful! Caesar is really a stand-up gentleman. He remembered our phone conversation from a few days ago, which surprised me. He was also genuinely humble when I told him about the great things people on here are saying about him. I highly, highly recommend going to him for tint. Thanks Kuleaze and aliti19 for the info.

P.S. Those that recognize the decal on my car know that it automatically gives me 27 extra horsepower!
After the drying period, if the dust spots are still there, take it back, Ceasar will fix it. I don't agree with your comment that not all tint jobs should be 100% perfect, they should be!! And I've seen plenty of tint jobs that were perfect. The job he did on mine is "case in point."

After mine were done, I was a little worried as well, but once the drying period ended, it was flawless...

LexBob 2, when I got there Ceasar asked me what % I wanted to go with, so I think he has whatever you'd want to do, but you can always call him and confirm before making the trip...
Old 05-07-14, 02:51 PM
WNYX
Driver

Well, I got a ticket today. Luckily, it was just a compliance ticket. But ugh!!...
Old 05-07-14, 02:58 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by WNYX
Well, I got a ticket today. Luckily, it was just a compliance ticket. But ugh!!...
Sorry to hear that. That's too bad. Was it in the city or suburbs? What are you going o do?

On our car, I went with 40% even though 35% is legal. I went on the conservative side since I just didn't want the hassle. Not as dark as I would have liked but I've adjusted after two years with it.

On the SUV I went with 50% on the front sides which is legal. Again I didn't want the hassle of going darker.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Chicago Tint Shop Thread