Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > Chicago Lexus Club
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Chicago Tint Shop Thread

Old 05-07-14, 06:01 PM   #601
WNYX
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

I was in the suburbs (Arlington Heights). I saw the cop too late. I was making a left turn and I saw the cop sitting in a parking lot as I completed the turn. His meter read my tint at 15%. I have no choice but to have them retinted at the legal limit. I guess it's back to Logan Square for me this Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
Sorry to hear that. That's too bad. Was it in the city or suburbs? What are you going o do?

On our car, I went with 40% even though 35% is legal. I went on the conservative side since I just didn't want the hassle. Not as dark as I would have liked but I've adjusted after two years with it.

On the SUV I went with 50% on the front sides which is legal. Again I didn't want the hassle of going darker.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
WNYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-14, 07:23 PM   #602
Kuleaze
Pole Position

Send a message via AIM to Kuleaze Send a message via MSN to Kuleaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kuleaze Send a message via Skype™ to Kuleaze

That sucks... But more importantly, Illinois SUCKS!!

"Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum" - Author Vegetius
Kuleaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 06:47 AM   #603
linus73
Lead Lap

steve lobello
Default tintis chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNYX View Post
I was in the suburbs (Arlington Heights). I saw the cop too late. I was making a left turn and I saw the cop sitting in a parking lot as I completed the turn. His meter read my tint at 15%. I have no choice but to have them retinted at the legal limit. I guess it's back to Logan Square for me this Saturday.
Wow, im shocked at how soo many people are still doing Tints at logan sq.
linus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 08:55 AM   #604
Kuleaze
Pole Position

Send a message via AIM to Kuleaze Send a message via MSN to Kuleaze Send a message via Yahoo to Kuleaze Send a message via Skype™ to Kuleaze

Why are you shocked? I sent two other people there this week that aren't on CL. Ceasar is definitely a busy guy!!

Old 05-12-14, 09:02 AM   #605
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch
Trader Score: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linus73 View Post
Wow, im shocked at how soo many people are still doing Tints at logan sq.
This again.... really?

Yes, we know you have a tint shop... and do stereos...and do mods... and do whatever.
It's amazing how green you are when anyone brings up Caesar's tints and how quickly you point out when anyone has some complaint. Which WYNX wasn't really complaining.

Guess what, I've seen your work... You really shouldn't beat that horse too hard.

Lemme nutshell this for you. I flat out tell people to go to see Caesar, I call him prior and let him know the people coming are "my people". He always takes care of CL people, and will fix any issues that come up. Dealership specials, customers, friends, people here, people on two other car forums. This guy gets 20 cars a year just from me.

Quit trying to knock him. He's not even a member on this forum to defend himself.

neurocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 11:32 AM   #606
linus73
Lead Lap

steve lobello
Default tint

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
This again.... really?

Yes, we know you have a tint shop... and do stereos...and do mods... and do whatever.
It's amazing how green you are when anyone brings up Caesar's tints and how quickly you point out when anyone has some complaint. Which WYNX wasn't really complaining.

Guess what, I've seen your work... You really shouldn't beat that horse too hard.

Lemme nutshell this for you. I flat out tell people to go to see Caesar, I call him prior and let him know the people coming are "my people". He always takes care of CL people, and will fix any issues that come up. Dealership specials, customers, friends, people here, people on two other car forums. This guy gets 20 cars a year just from me.

Quit trying to knock him. He's not even a member on this forum to defend himself.
If i was knocking him id say something bad, but i didnt did i ?
Im just shocked at how many people just assume he is the best without checking out other shops. Not including me because I DO NOT TINT OR MAKE MONEY FROM IT.
linus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-14, 11:50 AM   #607
Kuleaze
Pole Position

I'm not sure what's happening here, but Ceasar did a fantastic job on my car. I would imagine he is getting so many people from this site cause he's doing good work and getting recommendations from each person that goes there...

As for checking out other people, I did do that, Shady Days up north is one of them, they do GREAT work, but again, they wanted $300 to do exactly what Ceasar did for $170...

I'm still confused as to why you're shocked?? You haven't really explained yourself, but the assumption is you're shocked cause you don't like Logan Square, which is probably why neurocity went off on you - I can't think of any other reason you'd be shocked - so feel free to explain..

Old 05-13-14, 10:26 PM   #608
mkpoto
Rookie

I am having my tints done tomorrow, the tinter comes to your place or can do it at his location:
https://www.facebook.com/majortint
mkpoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-14, 08:19 PM   #609
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (33)

Sad to see nothing has changed.
Old 06-16-14, 10:51 AM   #610
peterso2
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Can someone PM me Caesars Info Please?

Thanks,
Jason
peterso2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-14, 01:05 PM   #611
Kuleaze
Pole Position

Jason,

PM Sent!

Old 06-17-14, 08:01 PM   #612
gnm313
Rookie

Default Abe's vs Cesar

I had Cesar do my 2007 and he was great. Want to do my new 2014 with tint and a bra. I am close to Abes, but Cesar was unbelievable and I would go back. Anyone have pricing from Abes and/or Cesar on the bra? Abes for Tint? Checked most of the threads but pricing is scarce. I think I saw Cesar is still around $170 for tint.
Old 06-18-14, 08:17 AM   #613
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnm313 View Post
I had Cesar do my 2007 and he was great. Want to do my new 2014 with tint and a bra. I am close to Abes, but Cesar was unbelievable and I would go back. Anyone have pricing from Abes and/or Cesar on the bra? Abes for Tint? Checked most of the threads but pricing is scarce. I think I saw Cesar is still around $170 for tint.
I had Abe do front side windows only on a CUV so the price probably doesn't apply. If you do call him you might ask if they offer a discount for having the tint and bra done at the same time. They mentioned to me that they do that. They did a great job on the tint.

Another good shop in the area is Tint To U in Orland Park/Tinley Park. He uses Llumar film and has a lot of experience and does a good job.
LexBob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-14, 09:19 PM   #614
Kuleaze
Pole Position

To do the side and rear windows, Ceasar charges $150. I paid an extra $20 ($170 total) to add a 6 inch strip to the top of the front windshield.

Old 07-01-14, 07:22 PM   #615
ShelleyD
Driver School Candidate

Shelley Downs

Our dealership uses a couple different locations around Palatine, the best luck we've had is with Energy Guard out of Lake Zurich. The prices do range, but I can post some photos tomorrow afternoon showing the work off.
ShelleyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-14, 07:22 PM