Chicago Lexus Club Chicago Representin'

Lexus dealer recommendations (for service)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-05, 03:25 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Lexus dealer recommendations (for service)

With all my highway driving, my windshield developed a crack and now has to be replaced.

I want to stick with OEM Lexus parts. What dealerships in Chicagoland do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
-Brian.
Old 02-20-05, 04:05 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say Woodfield - but after my last three visits there - they can get bent.

I use the one on Ogden now (heading west)
Old 02-20-05, 09:50 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MoogieBoogie
With all my highway driving, my windshield developed a crack and now has to be replaced.

I want to stick with OEM Lexus parts. What dealerships in Chicagoland do you guys recommend?

Thanks,
-Brian.
I had a side window replaced at Woodfield Lexus. They did a good job. I am more than sure they will tell you to get replacement rubber seals along with the windshield. Make sure to do that. Otherwise it will look ghetto.

Chris
Old 02-21-05, 02:14 AM
dwoods420
Lead Lap

I go to Bredemann lexus on Waukegan in Glenview. I have NEVER had a bad experience. I have been going there for over 4 years now.
Old 02-21-05, 04:20 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Goldark
I would say Woodfield - but after my last three visits there - they can get bent.

I use the one on Ogden now (heading west)
Goldark, are you the guy on SF who had a problem Asian girls or something?

I'm even considering getting the windshield done in Indianapolis, since I hear the labor rate is a lot lower. The new seals are nearly $100, so I'll order them up from Sewell.

Any other recommendations? They don't actually do the repair there, right? They have it sent elsewhere?

Thanks,
-Brian.
Old 02-21-05, 06:35 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Goldark, are you the guy on SF who had a problem Asian girls or something?

I'm even considering getting the windshield done in Indianapolis, since I hear the labor rate is a lot lower. The new seals are nearly $100, so I'll order them up from Sewell.

Any other recommendations? They don't actually do the repair there, right? They have it sent elsewhere?

Thanks,
-Brian.
I can answer that first question for Goldark (Rob). Yes!

Chris
Old 02-21-05, 07:09 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DIrEctQL
I can answer that first question for Goldark (Rob). Yes!

Chris
Did he get shot down trying to pick up some Asian girl?
Old 02-22-05, 07:46 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Did he get shot down trying to pick up some Asian girl?
Shot down?
Not yet...

I just pick up the psycho ones.
All asian chicks are nuts.

Last edited by Goldark; 02-22-05 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-22-05, 03:31 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Shot down?
Not yet...

I just pick up the psycho ones.
All asian chicks are nuts.
If you're white, I can understand why you say that. It's a different culture, and you can't approach this with an ethnocentric attitude.

Thanks everyone else for the advice. Anyone else go to McGrath Lexus? Seems to be a popular choice among Lexus owners as well.

-Brian.
Old 02-22-05, 05:27 PM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

If you're white, I can understand why you say that. It's a different culture, and you can't approach this with an ethnocentric attitude.

Thanks everyone else for the advice. Anyone else go to McGrath Lexus? Seems to be a popular choice among Lexus owners as well.

-Brian.
What does different culture have to do with it? They were born here...they are just like normal american chick + the "freaking nuts bonus"

I really don't approach it from an ethnocentric side - just experience...

Most people will go to Woodfield before going ot McGrath.

Like I said - I used to go to Woodfield - now I go to Ogden - Ogden so far has been a bit more forthcoming than Woodfield...
Old 02-22-05, 06:50 PM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

What does different culture have to do with it? They were born here...they are just like normal american chick + the "freaking nuts bonus"

I really don't approach it from an ethnocentric side - just experience...

Most people will go to Woodfield before going ot McGrath.

Like I said - I used to go to Woodfield - now I go to Ogden - Ogden so far has been a bit more forthcoming than Woodfield...
Thanks, I'll call up Woodfield. You and Chris seem to have good experiences there in the past. I have no idea where Ogden is.

As for the other topic, you just seem to stereotype that all Asian girls are crazy, based upon your experiences. Even if they're born here, how their family raised them plays a big factor in how connected they are to their ethnic culture. Not only that, but there are so many different Asian ethnicities; to call all of them crazy is just plain offensive. In any case, you should show more care in choosing your words, as racial stereotypes can easily be offensive to people.

Again, thanks for the recommendation.
-Brian.
Old 02-23-05, 06:03 AM
Goldark
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, I'll call up Woodfield. You and Chris seem to have good experiences there in the past. I have no idea where Ogden is.

As for the other topic, you just seem to stereotype that all Asian girls are crazy, based upon your experiences. Even if they're born here, how their family raised them plays a big factor in how connected they are to their ethnic culture. Not only that, but there are so many different Asian ethnicities; to call all of them crazy is just plain offensive. In any case, you should show more care in choosing your words, as racial stereotypes can easily be offensive to people.

Again, thanks for the recommendation.
-Brian.

Calling Asian girls crazy is offensive?

If anything its an opinion based on my experience / backed by years of pain and anguish.
Old 02-24-05, 10:18 AM
MoogieBoogie
Intermediate

Calling Asian girls crazy is offensive?

If anything its an opinion based on my experience / backed by years of pain and anguish.
We've all met our share of crazy psycho girls and I'm sure you have the battle wounds to prove it

However, this isn't an issue of PC - it could be offensive to some people, because you're generalizing a group based upon race. It's like if I were to say, "all black women are loud and obnoxious." I'm sure some people would agree based on their experiences, but this obviously isn't true for all black women. Furthermore, don't you think that some people would be offended by this comment (not just black women)?

In any case, hope you find some sane girls.

-Brian.
Old 03-16-05, 06:04 AM
booby79
Driver School Candidate

Ogden is referring to McGrath Lexus in Westmont. I used to be a big fan of McGrath until their service started to a-rape me so i'm done with them. Did someone say that Indiana is cheaper??? I'm new to the forum but not to Lexus. My parents bought the first Lexus at the First lexus dealer in Chicago which was Lexus of Orland way back in 1989. We just bought a new ls430 yesterday which makes it our 4th lexus. Good to see meet you all.

Bobby