Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Q60 Red Sport vs RX Sport

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-17, 12:12 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Are you leasing again? Might as well go German for a lease
Old 03-27-17, 12:38 PM
g0tem
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a g37s coupe and spent quite a bit of time in a q50. Coming from a previous infiniti owner who just bought a lexus, if what you really want is performance, then lexus just wont cut it for you when compared to the competition. The q60 looks like it uses the same materials as the q50 and i thought it was super cheap. It looks kind of tacky, but it feels like cheap plastics all around. Any lexus ive been in has been much more refined in comfort and interior. Also get used to interior rattles. Also, not sure if this will matter, but if you ever have to call infiniti consumer affairs, good luck to you. Theyre pathetic.

I dont hate infiniti, the cars are good for what they are, but i will never buy another nissan or infiniti again.
Old 03-28-17, 06:19 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by g0tem
I had a g37s coupe and spent quite a bit of time in a q50. Coming from a previous infiniti owner who just bought a lexus, if what you really want is performance, then lexus just wont cut it for you when compared to the competition. The q60 looks like it uses the same materials as the q50 and i thought it was super cheap. It looks kind of tacky, but it feels like cheap plastics all around. Any lexus ive been in has been much more refined in comfort and interior. Also get used to interior rattles. Also, not sure if this will matter, but if you ever have to call infiniti consumer affairs, good luck to you. Theyre pathetic.

I dont hate infiniti, the cars are good for what they are, but i will never buy another nissan or infiniti again.
Gosh..I really was looking for the word refinement..that what Q60 was missing for me..
Never really struggle to find the car I like but really cant find it anything right now..

Last edited by LIMS407; 03-28-17 at 06:20 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 03-29-17, 07:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

g0tem - i don't think new q60 interior looks cheap, just sporty. also, gf has '15 q60 (not new model) and zero rattles. sorry you had a bad experience. lexus has had rattle issues with some models too.
Old 03-29-17, 09:57 AM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boring dime a dozen crossover or performance coupe. Not a hard decision imo.
Old 03-29-17, 12:51 PM
g0tem
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
g0tem - i don't think new q60 interior looks cheap, just sporty. also, gf has '15 q60 (not new model) and zero rattles. sorry you had a bad experience. lexus has had rattle issues with some models too.
i dont know if you've sat in any of the newer infiniti interiors. they look better in pics than they do in person. a lot of the plastic trim looks and feels cheap and glossy. since your gf has a '15 q60 the myg37 forums should be pretty resourceful. there's a few things you have to live w/ in a g37/q60 clutch shuddering and failing CSC for 6MT, throttle lag, interior creaks, windshield cowl noises, among others. yes, i did have a bad experience (and that's not even considering the issues that led to me settling w/ a lemon law case), but it's definitely not a rare case.

i can't say infiniti makes bad cars. it just comes down to what you want in your car. just like how lexus isnt the first car brand you think of when you want performance.
Old 04-02-17, 04:36 PM
tjsingh77
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LIMS407
Desperately needs the car by next week end since my 14 GS lease ended.
I have always been with Lexus but nothing on the line up really excites me. I like RC but unconformable for me to sit on.
Any feedback on Infiniti Q60 red sport? I read the previous thread and agreed with dated interior.
I know new RX Sport will be comfortable and get the job done for me as I have owned before.
This comes down to either 400 hp coupe or just cruiser. I know its so opposite but cant really make the decision.
Also, I have never owned the coupe before so any feedback will be appreciated from previous coupe owners.
i test drove q60 3 times, first I felt super fast, second time I test drove MB c43 AMG and difference wasn't that much.
3rd time I notice how long the turbo lag was, on MB c43 AMG had zero lag compare to q60.

at the end I decide to go with MB but than I look at the electric gizmos in it. I back away from that sexy coupe due to many little sensors that could go bad on it.

ended up buying 2017 is350 lols it's no where near fast as both of them but... it seem more bang for the buck ..

so end of of the day it comes to what you like, how you will drive.

i wanted fast car than realize, I hardly ever gets open roads lol and when I do mr police man is watching.
Just my 2cents
Old 04-03-17, 08:28 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tjsingh77
i test drove q60 3 times, first I felt super fast, second time I test drove MB c43 AMG and difference wasn't that much.
3rd time I notice how long the turbo lag was, on MB c43 AMG had zero lag compare to q60.

at the end I decide to go with MB but than I look at the electric gizmos in it. I back away from that sexy coupe due to many little sensors that could go bad on it.

ended up buying 2017 is350 lols it's no where near fast as both of them but... it seem more bang for the buck ..

so end of of the day it comes to what you like, how you will drive.

i wanted fast car than realize, I hardly ever gets open roads lol and when I do mr police man is watching.
Just my 2cents
Thanks for your thoughts. Since I am leasing, not worried about the warranty stuff.
Still looking at all car reviews as can't make up my mind..Personally, never able to make any deals with Benz or Audi local dealerships..
Since you have mentioned C-class coupe, will have to test drive one...
Old 04-04-17, 07:37 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Since you are looking at both Coupes and Crossovers, split the difference and go for a '17 Audi A4. It is a great all-around car. 4k miles here and absolutely no regrets. Look up the reviews. Or if you really want a coupe, consider the Audi A5 coupe.

I will say that the Infiniti Q60 is stunning, but after leasing a '13 G37 Convertible for over 3 years I doubt we will go back to Infiniti. The car has been mechanically flawless, but the squeaks, rattles and road noise are annoying. We also had a '10 G37 Convertible, and I purposely avoided the Sport package this time around, but the car still rides rough and has lots of road noise. As someone else mentioned, "refinement" is what Infiniti is lacking. The Audi A4/A5 has it in spades.
Old 04-04-17, 07:44 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Since you are looking at both Coupes and Crossovers, split the difference and go for a '17 Audi A4. It is a great all-around car. 4k miles here and absolutely no regrets. Look up the reviews. Or if you really want a coupe, consider the Audi A5 coupe.

I will say that the Infiniti Q60 is stunning, but after leasing a '13 G37 Convertible for over 3 years I doubt we will go back to Infiniti. The car has been mechanically flawless, but the squeaks, rattles and road noise are annoying. We also had a '10 G37 Convertible, and I purposely avoided the Sport package this time around, but the car still rides rough and has lots of road noise. As someone else mentioned, "refinement" is what Infiniti is lacking. The Audi A4/A5 has it in spades.
He's considering a Red Sport so the A4/5 is way too slow comparatively. He has to get the S4/5 instead
Old 04-05-17, 12:50 PM
Kense
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you been in the new Q60 it's very solid and well build. My last car was a Q50S Hybrid which I had for 3 years with not one rattle. My wife has a C450 which is full of rattles, which is very disappointing given how nice that interior is. Apparently this is pretty common too if you read about the C450/C43 AMG on the MBWorld forums. The car rattles, so when people talk about the build quality etc, that can vary from car to car.. The A4 is overpriced for what it is IMO. S4 is something to consider.
Old 04-05-17, 07:04 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EZZ
He's considering a Red Sport so the A4/5 is way too slow comparatively. He has to get the S4/5 instead
His original question regarded an RX vs. a Q60 Red Sport. The A4 at 5.7 0-60 is certainly not slower than an RX.
Old 04-05-17, 07:11 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Kense
The A4 is overpriced for what it is IMO. S4 is something to consider.
I'm not sure what you think the A4 is, but for a car that goes 0-60 in 5.7, is as quiet inside as an A8, stays planted to the ground and feels as good at 90mph as is does as 45mph, has brown leather/black oak interior, a kick-*** Bang & Olufsen sound system, Virtual Cockpit, interior ambient lighting and a flawless finish both inside and outside, along with Quattro... I think the $49k I paid for mine was well worth the money. It is every bit the car my $61k '13 GS F-Sport was for $12k less. Not sure how one can equate that to overpriced.
Old 04-05-17, 07:22 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

His original question regarded an RX vs. a Q60 Red Sport. The A4 at 5.7 0-60 is certainly not slower than an RX.
Car & Driver recorded 5.3 seconds 0-60 in both the A4 and A4 Allroad. I agree they are far from slow.
Old 04-05-17, 08:32 PM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

If he can afford a Q60 RS, he can also get the S4. It's more comparable to the Q60 RS than a regular A4. I should have said to get the S5. Q60 is a coupe too. I think the S4/5 is a steal right now. 0-60 in 4.4 seconds with AWD and under $60k.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport vs RX Sport