Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2018 Rav4 Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-17, 02:24 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2018 Rav4 Adventure

I will wait for whoever posts about the wheel gap.

Adventure + style = the all-new #RAV4 Adventure. More ride height, more rugged styling, more features that come standard - more of everything means more fun!

Old 02-09-17, 02:27 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

News link: http://pressroom.toyota.com/article_...rticle_id=5914

RAV4 Adventure

The active lifestyle-inspired RAV4 Adventure will be available in front-wheel drive with an Automatic Limited-Slip Differential, or with Dynamic Torque Control all-wheel-drive. Both versions feature a standard Tow Prep Package that includes an upgraded radiator and supplemental engine oil and transmission fluid coolers, as well as a suspension system with a higher ride height. As with all RAV4 models, the Adventure grade will come standard with Trailer Sway Control (TSC), Hill-Start Assist Control (HAC), and TSS-P. Exterior styling features exclusive to the RAV4 Adventure includes:
  • Large overfender flares
  • 18-inch five-spoke black alloy wheels with 235/55R18 tires
  • Lower body guards
  • Black headlight bezels
  • Black fog lamp surround, roof racks and Adventure badging
The RAV4 Adventure will be available in five exterior colors including Black, Magnetic Gray Metallic, Silver Sky Metallic, Super White, and one new color for RAV4 models, Ruby Flare Pearl.

The sporty exterior features of the RAV4 Adventure are mated to exclusive interior features that include:
  • Unique interior trim panels
  • Leather-wrapped shift ****
  • 120V/100W power outlet in the cargo area
  • Adventure door sill protectors
  • All-weather mats floor and cargo mats with Adventure logo
Additional features new for 2018 in select RAV4 models include optional heat/power fabric front row seats, heated steering wheel, and wiper de-icer as part of a new Cold Weather Package.

Old 02-09-17, 02:43 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Screw the wheel gap, who puts 18" wheels on an "off roader"? Worse yet, the wheels aren't even centered in the well. Hope it's just the pictures.

This should have come with 15" off roady wheels and beefy tires. Then maybe.
Old 02-09-17, 02:43 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

i like it, i wouldn't get one but i like it... however, THE WHEEL GAP LOOKS TERRIBLE
Old 02-09-17, 02:44 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CleanSC
Screw the wheel gap, who puts 18" wheels on an "off roader"? Worse yet, the wheels aren't even centered in the well. Hope it's just the pictures.

This should have come with 15" off roady wheels and beefy tires. Then maybe.
ughhhh i was only SECONDS away from being the first to post about the wheel gap

i agree though it should have smaller wheels and bigger tires
Old 02-09-17, 02:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Come on, guys. Stop and think a minute. If this is going to be an off-roader (or at least mildly off-road-capable, like, say, a Subaru Outback), you'll need that wheel gap to get a hose up in there and properly clean it out when mud, sand, snow-debris, and whatever gets in there (automated undercarriage-washes are often a joke). Some people get so concerned with looks that they forget practicality.

Oh, and you all are correct that it could probably also use smaller wheels and tires....though the stock 18" 55-series aren't bad.
Old 02-09-17, 03:01 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

I never complained of the wheel gap. What I disagree with is the 18" wheels and tires WITH the wheel gap. FFS everyone know that looks like a friggin donk like that.

15's and 31" tires... yea....
Old 02-09-17, 03:22 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The RAV4 Adventure is literally a Cherokee Trailhawk

Old 02-09-17, 03:45 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, looks like the Subaru Crosstrek needed a partner in crime...
Old 02-09-17, 03:51 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Come on, guys. Stop and think a minute. If this is going to be an off-roader (or at least mildly off-road-capable, like, say, a Subaru Outback), you'll need that wheel gap to get a hose up in there and properly clean it out when mud, sand, snow-debris, and whatever gets in there (automated undercarriage-washes are often a joke). Some people get so concerned with looks that they forget practicality.

Oh, and you all are correct that it could probably also use smaller wheels and tires....though the stock 18" 55-series aren't bad.
i wouldn't have said anything about the wheel gap but Philip practically told us to lol, i think it looks good but could just use some smaller rims with bigger tires
Old 02-09-17, 03:53 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The RAV4 Adventure is literally a Cherokee Trailhawk

somebody photoshop the Jeep wheels+tires on the RAV4

I mean, I get it except for the summer or all-season tires....18s are fine but the low profile tires are not.
Old 02-09-17, 05:36 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Kind of funny how small SUV's have actually become less useful over time. Think back to the late 90's, we had stuff such as:

Jeep Cherokee, Toyota 4Runner(much smaller and cheaper than the current model), Isuzu Rodeo, Chevy Blazer(yeah it was crap), etc, etc, etc

All of those are around the same size as the current Rav4, had real 4wd systems with a transfer case and low range, smaller 15" wheels(easy to find mud tires if you're getting serious), could tow up to around 5000lbs. The Jeep and 4Runner are built like brick ***** house, you still see them on the road and they have an enthusiast following. Other than the Wrangler, I can't think of another "small" SUV that still has genuine off road capabilities.

Toyota isn't fooling anybody with that lame jacked up Rav4. I bet it rides a lot jiggiler than the base model with bigger wheels and special "off road" suspension. With those wheels/tires on the Adventure model, you're just as likely to get stuck as in a base model.
Old 02-09-17, 05:40 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Yea, it's obviously a cheap appearance package. At least they had the decency to not call it the TRD Pro.

In their defense, they know no one is going to use this for any real off roading. No one that needs that is looking at Rav4's.
Old 02-09-17, 05:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Kind of funny how small SUV's have actually become less useful over time. Think back to the late 90's, we had stuff such as:

Jeep Cherokee, Toyota 4Runner(much smaller and cheaper than the current model), Isuzu Rodeo, Chevy Blazer(yeah it was crap), etc, etc, etc
The Cherokee is back in production, and does come in a Trail-Rated version.

And......(keep your fingers crossed).......Ford has plans for a new, smaller, 2-door, off-road Bronco within two years or so.

Other than the Wrangler, I can't think of another "small" SUV that still has genuine off road capabilities.
The Renegade has sufficient approach/breakover/departure angles and cones in several off-road and trail-rated versions.

And, though they are no longer in production here, all of the small Suzuki-designed SUVs still around (Vitara, Sidekick, Chevy/Geo Tracker, etc....) were body-on-frame and off-road-capable, I'd avoid the Samurai, though, because of its extreme discomfort and well-known tipsiness and instability.
Old 02-09-17, 08:01 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000

All of those are around the same size as the current Rav4, had real 4wd systems with a transfer case and low range, smaller 15" wheels(easy to find mud tires if you're getting serious), could tow up to around 5000lbs. The Jeep and 4Runner are built like brick ***** house, you still see them on the road and they have an enthusiast following. Other than the Wrangler, I can't think of another "small" SUV that still has genuine off road capabilities.

Toyota isn't fooling anybody with that lame jacked up Rav4. I bet it rides a lot jiggiler than the base model with bigger wheels and special "off road" suspension. With those wheels/tires on the Adventure model, you're just as likely to get stuck as in a base model.
That is because the modern "sport utility vehicle" has morphed into what the Europeans call a "multi-purpose vehicle" (MPV), which is not much more than a station wagon sitting on larger tires and a jacked-up suspension. And these "adventure" packages are marketed to (mostly) guys who feel the need to project a macho, he-man image.

Quick Reply: 2018 Rav4 Adventure