Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Dodge/Ram vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-17, 10:23 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I particularly appreciate the folks who drive in the middle lane, 10 mph below traffic and put their phone up in front of their face (and keep it there) so they don't have to look down to see their screen. People are swerving left and right like a ballet to pass them.
Old 02-07-17, 10:30 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Josh, I appreciate your service to our country

My Chrysler hating comments are no news to you.

I consistently say the same stuff.

I have been on the road for over 40 years.

When I see a traffic snarl, it is often some doofus is a rusted out Chrysler minivan not keeping up with traffic flow.

And then there are the Chrysler distracted drivers, who appear to be a larger percentage of the driving population.

We all remember those Chrysler auto workers that got bagged smoking dope and drinking malt liquor at lunch time. They got fired and then the union made Chrysler take them back. I don't knowingly want folks like that building the vehicles that I trust my family to.

If you want to get into the experiences I had with my dad's Chrysler products and the fine service at the fine dealerships we can have even more fun.
here we go. That was years ago. In the 90's and 2000's, Chrysler was awful. Since FCA has formed it has been a totally transformed company. You really should do your research. Frankly, the idea that you would form an opinion on how a company currently operates based off of one indecent, and since that incident has happened, the company has been restructured not once, but twice, its kind of strange. Its like saying that you won't eat steak anymore, ever, because you ordered a medium steak at a restaurant and it came out rare.

My experiences have all been awesome at FCA dealerships. I get loaner vehicles, rentals, and shuttle service when those arent available.

Originally Posted by LOWFAST
If you do not have a programmer I would suggest a custom tuned Diablosport, I gained 2+mpg across the board with it, also allows you to correct for the tire size change. I am running 34's, the only thing stopping me from going to 35's is the additional weight and loss in performance. I think the 35's look perfect, but true 35's are just too heavy due to their construction. Next tire replacement I might jump up to 295/65's.
2015's ECM's are locked with a rotating encryption code that changes every 4 seconds. Programmers cannot be used without purchasing an unlocked ECM, to the tune of $1500 and bye bye warranty, and then another $500 for the programmer.
Around here it is the Kia crowd, might be a regional thing.
and the priuses...
Old 02-07-17, 11:47 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I do think FCA dealers as a whole need to improve. They are woefully inconsistent in terms of service satisfaction. That likely won't change until FCA has money to invest in programs to boost this though.
Old 02-07-17, 11:26 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
I do think FCA dealers as a whole need to improve. They are woefully inconsistent in terms of service satisfaction. That likely won't change until FCA has money to invest in programs to boost this though.
I've heard the same thing about their dealers sucking. Mainly it comes back to FCA not liking to pay out for warranty work, so the dealer says, yeah its supposed to be that way, that sound is normal, they all do that type of bs.

As for their cars being crap, some of them still are, I wouldn't buy ones with a Fiat engine in them(Chrysler 200,Dodge Dart, all the cheap Jeeps with transversely mounted engines).

However the Charger, 300, Challenger and Ram trucks have proven to be reliable. I really do like all of those I just mentioned because they have character and style, something that's sorely missing now days.

I say buy a Hellcat, you only live once. It'll straight up scare you to death if you think that NSX is "fast"
Old 02-08-17, 06:16 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

I had the opportunity to drive a Hellcat Challenger and an SRT Viper and both cars will rip your face off. They're just brutal. no other way to put it.
Old 02-08-17, 06:19 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
I had the opportunity to drive a Hellcat Challenger and an SRT Viper and both cars will rip your face off. They're just brutal. no other way to put it.
For the money two of the better values of smiles per dollar in the entire automotive world. That is for sure. Even the non-hellcat regular SRT's are a hoot.
Old 02-08-17, 07:05 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
As for their cars being crap, some of them still are, I wouldn't buy ones with a Fiat engine in them(Chrysler 200,Dodge Dart, all the cheap Jeeps with transversely mounted engines).
The 200 never had a Fiat motor, the Dart's volume motor was a Chrysler motor, and the Cherokee I4 is also a Chrysler motor. That Chrysler 2.4L I4 you're referring to is just a woefully outdated motor that's thankfully being eliminated in 2018. Also I think the Cherokee is nice when equipped with the 3.2L Pentastar V6.
Old 02-08-17, 08:45 AM
TRDRAV4
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deals to be had!
http://jalopnik.com/you-can-get-a-sc...dge-1792128688
Old 02-08-17, 02:16 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDRAV4
OP's NSX, if its in mint condition and a newer model year, is probably worth about what one of those new Hellcats are going for at 55-60k.
Old 02-13-17, 02:41 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Received 99 Likes on 41 Posts

The Hellcats are very tempting, but I've decided to go after a Ram 4X4. I didn't pick the 1500 after seeing the Power Wagons.
A 2017 PW will be built to my exact specification in the near future.
Thanks everyone for chiming in.
Old 02-14-17, 11:07 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurker9
The Hellcats are very tempting, but I've decided to go after a Ram 4X4. I didn't pick the 1500 after seeing the Power Wagons.
But...But..Oh noes it is going to fall apart before you even take delivery! Its an FCA product don't you know!

Enjoy the PW, they are very cool. I just wish they offered it with the Cummins. Which trim level did you decide to go with?
Old 02-14-17, 11:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Lurker9
Congratulations ......a wise choice, IMO, considering that almost any RWD high-performance Charger or Challenger will probably be useless during at least part of the winter. (that probably won't be much of a factor for you in Florida where you live, but could be a factor if driving north) A Power Wagon will go virtually anywhere you want it to, on or off-road.
Old 02-14-17, 04:28 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you have Netflix, this is a good/fun watch on Ralph Gilles and his work at FCA Design. This is just a short clip.

Old 02-14-17, 06:14 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

But...But..Oh noes it is going to fall apart before you even take delivery! Its an FCA product don't you know!

Enjoy the PW, they are very cool. I just wish they offered it with the Cummins. Which trim level did you decide to go with?
LOL, thanks to your vote of confidence that steered me into researching Ram trucks in details. Also, it's not going to be my dd so I am not too worry.
I simply built the RAM 2500, the Power Wagon model, with pretty much all options checked minus the sunroof.
This was one of the marketing video that sold me on the truck. The dealers don't have any 2017 for test drive, but I have to agree that it looks way too cool to pass up.
Old 02-14-17, 06:25 PM
Lurker9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Congratulations ......a wise choice, IMO, considering that almost any RWD high-performance Charger or Challenger will probably be useless during at least part of the winter. (that probably won't be much of a factor for you in Florida where you live, but could be a factor if driving north) A Power Wagon will go virtually anywhere you want it to, on or off-road.
I am keeping this toy in my Toronto home , so I have to agree that it would be more useful in the cold months. A Hellcat would be perfect for my place in Florida where I will be spending a lot more time in a few years . Now, my Genesis lease is up in a couple of months...

Quick Reply: Dodge/Ram vehicles