Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Post Sale Survey

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-17, 07:38 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Received 409 Likes on 282 Posts

I think we've chatted before about local Lexus stuff.
Old 02-06-17, 07:47 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Yes indeedy. One thing you can do and should do also is contact Lexus and tell them how you didn't like Lexus Plus. That might help all of us.
Old 02-06-17, 07:54 AM
mikha619
Driver

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I agree. This whole "anything less than a 10 is a fail" etc. is B.S. IMO, and helps no one.
Being a salesperson, i agree, but at the end of the day, i always explain that if they were happy with my service, then it would really help me if i got a passing score (100%) since the survey only and affects me personally and if there are any concerns, they can be voiced to me or taken to the public review sites. So if you are satisfied with your service, you could look at it as simply helping your sales person
Old 02-06-17, 08:13 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I find it hard to believe their salary will be docked for a poor survey. Is there any proof of this? I was under the impression a good survey gives the salesperson points or whatever for some kind of bonus. I know a salesman that goes on cruise or vacation every year from his dealership.

I also find the coercion by the sales person that I need to give him all 10's or he will suffer, BS, and wish they would stop this practice especially at a Lexus dealership. I also get calls and emails for more coercion if you try to ignore the survey. Not a good experience for owning a luxury vehicle.
Old 02-06-17, 08:21 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Angry

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Yes indeedy. One thing you can do and should do also is contact Lexus and tell them how you didn't like Lexus Plus. That might help all of us.
Did that. A TOTAL waste of time. Got some lady who just parroted a script about how the dealerships are independently owned and they have nothing to do with it but she'd log my comments.
Old 02-06-17, 08:25 AM
daryll40
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rogerh00
I also find the coercion by the sales person that I need to give him all 10's or he will suffer, BS, and wish they would stop this practice especially at a Lexus dealership. I also get calls and emails for more coercion if you try to ignore the survey. Not a good experience for owning a luxury vehicle.
+1. I completely agree this is annoying
Old 02-06-17, 08:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

I find it hard to believe their salary will be docked for a poor survey. Is there any proof of this? I was under the impression a good survey gives the salesperson points or whatever for some kind of bonus. I know a salesman that goes on cruise or vacation every year from his dealership.

First off, there's no salary typically. Salespeople are on commission. What it impacts is bonus payments, and their split of the profit the dealer makes on the sale. Dealerships use every negative thing they can against salespeople to cut down their commission splits. High survey marks and good track records for sales are the ammunition they have to demand better terms.

Darryl- oh well, at least you did what you can do.
Old 02-06-17, 09:00 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

This information is outdated but when I bought a new 14 Accord from Autonation I got chummy with my sales rep. She said she makes $150 off each new Honda, x-amount if I bought accessories/warranties, another $100 if my customer survey came back positive and if she sold over 10 new Honda's the manufacturer would give her an extra $50/car that month.

Obviously this is dealer dependent and I'd like to assume Lexus, which is a lot more fanatical about customer satisfaction (comparatively to Honda) may have a bigger financial incentive to do so.
Old 02-06-17, 02:12 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Don't know why this needed a new thread but just call Lexus corporate, tell them their new program is not what you like and you will go to competing dealership with traditional bargaining practices. Also complain about how you felt.
Old 02-06-17, 02:25 PM
daryll40
Pole Position

Did that. Corporate said flat out that their dealers are independent and they don't get involved. There are 2 dealers here, both with the same owner. I'll probably end up with another car brand versus the hassle of trading in a car via out of state dealers
Old 02-06-17, 03:55 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by daryll40
Did that. Corporate said flat out that their dealers are independent and they don't get involved. There are 2 dealers here, both with the same owner. I'll probably end up with another car brand versus the hassle of trading in a car via out of state dealers
They will make a note that an actual buyer is choosing traditional vs pilot program, that at the end of the day that matters. The only way dealers will change is if they lose sales over it. So if you were uncomfortable with the buying experience in the first place, you shouldn't have bought from them, enabling their behavior.
Old 02-07-17, 03:56 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
First off, there's no salary typically. Salespeople are on commission.
Ok, what about the service reps? Every time I go to my dealership for service I get the same thing from them. Please give me all 10's or I will suffer! What is their stake in this terrible customer hassle.
Old 02-07-17, 05:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, what about the service reps? Every time I go to my dealership for service I get the same thing from them. Please give me all 10's or I will suffer! What is their stake in this terrible customer hassle.
Depends on the dealership, some dealers they are on commission also, usually part commission part salary.
Old 02-07-17, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

read post #6
Old 02-08-17, 08:29 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 844 Likes on 638 Posts

I liked the post that equated the survey mechanism with a free employee coaching
program. The "Pass/Fail" grading is absurd, 10 is Pass...9/8/7... is utter failure in
the eyes of the HQ office of standards. Good points made here also regarding who
the survey affects, it is the Salespersons and F & I managers name on the line.
Had a survey come back with preposterously low scores because the selection
on snacks available didn't meet the children's needs! The post that laid out the
salespersons pay plan was pretty typical. Used to be purely commission based
on profit (20% to 35% of $500 to $5000 = $100 to $1500 or more) but the current
marketing structure has reduced dealerships to slim pickins' and the percentages
would be below minimum wage.

Quick Reply: Lexus Post Sale Survey