Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Wow, is Infiniti desperate!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-16, 07:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Wow, is Infiniti desperate!

Our lease is up in June on our G37 Convertible. We are holding onto it until the bitter end because I've ended leases early, and I know what it's like to have the remaining payments rolled into another car. Our salesperson, who has sold/leased to us at least 5 Infinitis in 10 years has been emailing us and leaving messages constantly on our phones indicating she will end our lease early for a new Infiniti. I'm not going for it. We are leaning toward trading for another Audi anyway because we love our A4. I thought Infiniti's fiscal year ended in March for some reason, but they seem to be really desperate to move cars before the end of the year.

The QX30 is the only Infiniti that even remotely interests me. The Q60 coupe is gorgeous, but it has the same dual screen/waterfall interior as the Q50, which doesn't do anything for me. Guess we will just have to send her a Christmas card with a note that says "We're not interested".
Old 12-21-16, 07:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I thought Infiniti's fiscal year ended in March for some reason, but they seem to be really desperate to move cars before the end of the year.
More likely simply before the end of the month. Automakers often give dealerships incentives to move as many vehicles as possible by the end of each month. That's why, when me and my brother went shopping to get his Kia Sportage, we bought it on June 30....and got an excellent deal.

The Q60 coupe is gorgeous.

We are leaning toward trading for another Audi anyway because we love our A4.
Since you think the Infiniti Q60 coupe is handsome, but want an Audi, take a look at the A5/S5. It is, IMO, the best-looking vehicle Audi sells in the U.S. market....and one of the best-looking coupes, period.

https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-a5-sport

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-21-16 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-21-16, 08:15 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

He's had several S5s lol
Old 12-21-16, 08:20 PM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Not super unusual honestly. Back when I had a BMW years ago I had a similar situation occur. Always hard to tell what incentives are being dangled in front of the salesperson for them to act that way.

Originally Posted by SW15LS
He's had several S5s lol
Actually giggled when I saw that.
Old 12-21-16, 08:46 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

He's had several S5s lol
How was I supposed to know that? He didn't say....at least in the opening post.

Originally Posted by TangoRed
Always hard to tell what incentives are being dangled in front of the salesperson for them to act that way.
End-of-month incentives are quite common. Automakers want to meet goals for both monthly and yearly sales.
Old 12-21-16, 08:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmarshall
How was I supposed to know that? He didn't say....at least in the opening post. End-of-month incentives are quite common. Automakers want to meet goals for both monthly and yearly sales.
He posts in here a lot...
Old 12-22-16, 12:07 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Dude, get an A5 or S5 Sportback to replace the Infiniti. Will they be on sale when your lease ends??? I know they aren't out as of yet.

Old 12-22-16, 12:47 AM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

End-of-month incentives are quite common. Automakers want to meet goals for both monthly and yearly sales.
A rookie salesman once told me that also. He said dealerships are most desperate to sell during the end of the month especially if they are behind their quota. Got a brand new 2015 Sienna SE last March for a great deal IMO even though it was 2016 already. Now I know whenever I go car shopping, I'm gonna go on the last few days of the month.

But to the OP, I think you should get something else besides an Infiniti. I was once a diehard Toyota and Honda fan but no more. After test driving a new GTO back in 2006, I found out how much I was missing out there. Ever since then I've owned numerous cars from different makes and models. I'm no longer brand loyal, just a car enthusiasts looking up whats new out there.
Old 12-22-16, 03:10 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've never went back to same manufacturer after replacing or adding a new car. Just cause, yeah sometimes the new car is worse than the last one but at least I get to experience multiple manufacturers and my god they are all different. So far I haven't touched Fiat/Chrysler yet but somehow I think that is not happening anytime soon unless someone brings Grand Cherokee into the family without me knowing it
Old 12-22-16, 06:33 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

He posts in here a lot...
hey now, treat the senior citizens (mm) with the respect they deserve.
Old 12-22-16, 06:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by davyjordi
Thanks, but I'm not quite there yet...........got a few more months before I'm officially a senior. I have been retired for a number of years, though...I was fortunate enough to have a job and career with a good retirement and benefit package. (Thats partly why I have time to write up reviews).

I didn't remember you actually having several different S5's, but I can understand your attraction to them...it's certainly a beautiful coupe, if not quite the power of a Mercedes AMG or BMW M. For the type of driving I do most of the time, though, I'd be just a happy with an A5.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-22-16 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-22-16, 06:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by davyjordi
I don't even know where I am half the time so I'm not one to talk LOL
Old 12-22-16, 06:59 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vladi
I've never went back to same manufacturer after replacing or adding a new car. Just cause, yeah sometimes the new car is worse than the last one but at least I get to experience multiple manufacturers and my god they are all different. So far I haven't touched Fiat/Chrysler yet but somehow I think that is not happening anytime soon unless someone brings Grand Cherokee into the family without me knowing it
If you get a chance soon, check out a JGC yourself........I don't think you will be disappointed. Reliability, though, has been spotty, with some owners reporting good experiences, and others having problems. Steve (SW15LS) can tell you more about that, as he has owned two of them.

(See, Steve......I'm not senile enough to forget that LOL)
Old 12-22-16, 07:03 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Aron9000
Dude, get an A5 or S5 Sportback to replace the Infiniti. Will they be on sale when your lease ends??? I know they aren't out as of yet.
Correct. Audi lists it as a 2018 model. The A5 and S5 will also (apparently) be redone next year. Hope they don't take too much away from the present looks.
Old 12-22-16, 08:06 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

They often also get incentives for pushing certain models too, hence my comment.

Quick Reply: Wow, is Infiniti desperate!