Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So who watched The Grand Tour?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-16, 02:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I was so glad I bought a 4K TV LOL
Old 11-19-16, 03:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

im glad they canned the celebrity in a reasonably priced car. I always skipped that in Top Gear
Old 11-19-16, 05:43 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
im glad they canned the celebrity in a reasonably priced car. I always skipped that in Top Gear
yea it was usually some british celebrity that i've never heard of, but there was frequently someone big that i'd stick around for lol
Old 11-19-16, 06:02 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The first one jumped with the parachute hit the ground got me laughing so hard I got tears in my eyes!
Old 11-19-16, 06:12 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
They seem like they have a fresh energy about them also, like the whole experience has renewed them.

Is this the Grand Tour that you guys are talking about? I watched it on YouTube. Looked more to me like slapstick driving than anything else. I was pulling for James May, though...always liked him more than Clarkson.

Old 11-19-16, 06:24 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Grand Tour is the new show from Amazon which features clarkson, hammond, and may. They will be releasing the shows weekly on Friday. You can watch it on Amazon if you have prime (or just stream it online)
Old 11-19-16, 08:46 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I think the point was the the "Star in a Reasonably Priced Car" bit was dead, as in no chatting with celebrities on the couch and no timed laps of celebrities driving some crap car. I think they'll still have celebrities on the show in other ways, as in race car drivers for certain bits, etc.

But yeah, the show was freaking awesome, the visuals were insane. Felt like I was watching the latest Mad Max movie during that bit where they drove in the desert. Also what sort of Mustang was Clarkson driving???? Looks to be a concept with an ugly grill, but I'm not that into Mustangs.
that was a Fisker/GAS Mustang Rocket....

Old 11-19-16, 09:26 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Is this the Grand Tour that you guys are talking about? I watched it on YouTube. Looked more to me like slapstick driving than anything else. I was pulling for James May, though...always liked him more than Clarkson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caezhWQc8Dw
No, this is it:

Old 11-19-16, 10:03 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by DrRick
that was a Fisker/GAS Mustang Rocket....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja2nTlSdYdg

Never heard about this Mustang before, but after did some online research, it's one hell of a car, and I really like it!
Old 11-20-16, 10:57 AM
FrankReynoldsCPA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Watched it yesterday. It was amazing.

And yes, Mike, it's still not going to be a deadpan straight facts only auto review program. It's doing the same thing that made trio and the old show successful. It's an entertainment program with a heavy car theme.
Old 11-20-16, 10:35 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

So nobody is going to believe me, but I actually ran into the guys at work today(work part-time at a restaurant for extra $$$$). Yup, the guys are in Nashville for the show, they have a taping tomorrow. Didn't get a chance to talk to James or Richard, but had a smoke with Clarkson outside. Yeah, he just came out the door while I was having a smoke, I about dropped my cigarette. Cool guy, very low key, told him I liked his new show, we just kind of shot the **** and talked about Nashville for 5 minutes, said he was having a wonderful time in my town.
Old 11-21-16, 12:51 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Watched it the other night - I thought it started brilliantly but flagged a bit in the middle, before finishing well. The scenes shot inside the big tent dragged a little and were a bit cringeworthy but I guess they've got to justify carting it round the world and setting it up. A bit of judicious editing wouldn't have gone amiss. Overall a really good start, not as good as some of the Top Gear specials to Vietnam and Namibia but the move to Amazon seems to have given the team a new burst of enthusiasm, which is probably what they needed.
Old 11-21-16, 08:45 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

3 mustangs drove into a crowd and no one injured. Not very believable
Old 11-21-16, 10:29 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
So nobody is going to believe me, but I actually ran into the guys at work today(work part-time at a restaurant for extra $$$$). Yup, the guys are in Nashville for the show, they have a taping tomorrow. Didn't get a chance to talk to James or Richard, but had a smoke with Clarkson outside. Yeah, he just came out the door while I was having a smoke, I about dropped my cigarette. Cool guy, very low key, told him I liked his new show, we just kind of shot the **** and talked about Nashville for 5 minutes, said he was having a wonderful time in my town.
omg i would've gone all spaghetti legs and not known what to say, that's so cool haha... please say more, i need to know what the clarkson is saying
Old 11-21-16, 10:32 AM
swajames
Pole Position

Received 477 Likes on 299 Posts

I thought it was excellent. Beautifully shot. Just like the Top Gear of old, but with a bigger budget and fewer shackles.

Weldome back, guys.

Quick Reply: So who watched The Grand Tour?