Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

W213 Mercedes-AMG E63 4MATIC+ and E63 S 4MATIC+ debuts – the most powerful E-Class

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-16, 02:32 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoRed
The answer is always that market research decided that buyers didn't care to pay for that specific feature. Same reason power folding mirrors are now on almost every luxury car- no one cared about them until relatively recently. When market research determined it was a hot point, everyone added them in. Even Kia noticed, which is why you can several of their models are now equipped with them due to their "aura of luxury".
yea i know but i just want to meet these people who didn't want a dynamic passenger seat. people with no friends i guess...
Old 11-08-16, 03:50 PM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
yea i know but i just want to meet these people who didn't want a dynamic passenger seat. people with no friends i guess...
Yeah I really miss the dynamic / massage seats for the passenger too. My friends and family would be arguing over who would get to sit in the front seat... lol

They also got rid of quad-zone climate control... not sure how effective it was anyways.
Old 11-08-16, 04:53 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by DONT SLEEP
Yeah I really miss the dynamic / massage seats for the passenger too. My friends and family would be arguing over who would get to sit in the front seat... lol

They also got rid of quad-zone climate control... not sure how effective it was anyways.
oh yea true forgot about that... you also can't raise the nose up anymore with that button next to the shifter. i also just HATE the shifter itself on the W212, only a few months after having the car it broke and you couldn't shift anymore. you could shift once as long as you did so within maybe 3 seconds of starting the car, and that was it. you'd have to turn the car off and restart whenever you needed to shift, including going into park. the only way to then go into park would be to open the door, since the P button wouldn't work. it was fixed with a 'software update' from the stealer and it's been fine since... *knocks on wood*
Old 11-09-16, 04:52 AM
DONT SLEEP
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stroock639
oh yea true forgot about that... you also can't raise the nose up anymore with that button next to the shifter. i also just HATE the shifter itself on the W212, only a few months after having the car it broke and you couldn't shift anymore. you could shift once as long as you did so within maybe 3 seconds of starting the car, and that was it. you'd have to turn the car off and restart whenever you needed to shift, including going into park. the only way to then go into park would be to open the door, since the P button wouldn't work. it was fixed with a 'software update' from the stealer and it's been fine since... *knocks on wood*
Yeah, the front raise button is gone since now the front shocks are no longer airmatic (only the rear are). I'm okay with that as long as the car isn't too low (which it's not) and it provides better reliability. I haven't really had any problems with the shifter and I don't really mind it.. I think it looks cool to be honest. The shifter in the newer cars is terrible... steering column mounted like a 1995 honda odyssey minivan.