Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hilarious Chrysler salesman

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-16, 07:51 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hilarious Chrysler salesman

So I was SUV shopping and looked at 17 Chrysler Pacifica fully loaded limited model ($47K). Dealer sees I have a 16 Lexus ES350 UL. Anyway, I dont plan on trading the Lexus in, the salesman says, "man those foreign cars are hard to re-sell and the maintenance on those are pricey". He goes onto to say, that at 15K miles, you have to take it to a Lexus dealer to have the bolts on the body re-tightened by a certified Lexus mechanic to the chassis. I swear he said this. walked out laughing. Anyway, not going back and not buying a Chrysler! lol. Just had to share.
Old 08-04-16, 08:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

My advice is that if you like the Pacifica, and would consider buying one, don't let a salesman's BS stop you. You will find BS artists selling virtually every make of vehicle today. You will also find some very good salespeople, who know what they are talking about. I have run into plenty of both over the years.
Old 08-04-16, 08:17 PM
sapd911
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
My advice is that if you like the Pacifica, and would consider buying one, don't let a salesman's BS stop you. You will find BS artists selling virtually every make of vehicle today. You will also find some very good salespeople, who know what they are talking about. I have run into plenty of both over the years.
Pacifica was nice, but way too much plastic. Had some nice features though. Lexus has me spoiled.
Old 08-04-16, 09:00 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

I believe the salesperson had a degree from a good school.

Like I always say, driving a Chrysler lowers mental acuity and your experience today proves it.
Old 08-04-16, 09:37 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

If you want to do some good from that situation, call the sales manager and tell him your experience. If I were in that position, I'd like to know those working for me were ruining things.
Old 08-04-16, 09:57 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

The sales manager is probably who told him that LOL
Old 08-04-16, 10:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
If you want to do some good from that situation, call the sales manager and tell him your experience. If I were in that position, I'd like to know those working for me were ruining things.
Yup, if you really felt the need, call em up, leave em up voicemail, maybe put in the suggestion box, maybe schedule a meeting with salesperson lol. Just know, that at the end of the day, its going to fall on deaf ears.

I betcha I could reproduce that same situation that the OP figures at multiple dealerships with multiple brands. The salesperson saw a potential sale, but also a potential trade in. He or she recognized those two figures from the get, and of course injected the above statement to set the stage for trade-appreciation purposes. So when he or she decides to low ball the F out of the OP, theres an explanation ready at moments notice.

All in all, I think that man should be getting a bonus soon and OP probably should avoid that dealership for trade ins
Old 08-05-16, 12:10 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by sapd911
So I was SUV shopping and looked at 17 Chrysler Pacifica fully loaded limited model ($47K). Dealer sees I have a 16 Lexus ES350 UL. Anyway, I dont plan on trading the Lexus in, the salesman says, "man those foreign cars are hard to re-sell and the maintenance on those are pricey". He goes onto to say, that at 15K miles, you have to take it to a Lexus dealer to have the bolts on the body re-tightened by a certified Lexus mechanic to the chassis. I swear he said this. walked out laughing. Anyway, not going back and not buying a Chrysler! lol. Just had to share.
Don't take is so personally,

But Sadly "tighten nuts and bolts on chassis" is inside the 2016 Lexus ES350 maintenance guide for your Lexus model under dirt roads or dusty conditions. Every 5000 miles.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 08-05-16 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-05-16, 10:54 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

and not to forget Lubricate the Chassis is also mentioned.
Old 08-05-16, 01:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
and not to forget Lubricate the Chassis is also mentioned.
Some trucks still have manually-lubed components in the chassis. But, on most regular cars and car-based vehicles, the old grease-nipples underneath for the ball joints, tie rods, suspension-points, etc.....where you manually squeezed in grease from a grease gun, were replaced by permanent-seals at the factory some 40 years ago. It IS advisable, though, even today, to occasionally check those components, U-joints, constant-velocity (CV) joints, etc.....for torn rubber boots/coverings and/or evidence of grease-leaks. Grease leaks on CV joints can be expensive if they are not caught in time, and the CV joints themselves wear prematurely and have to be replaced. On many vehicles, the CV joints alone cannot be replaced....you have to buy the entire axle half-shaft with it.
Old 08-05-16, 02:59 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
But Sadly "tighten nuts and bolts on chassis" is inside the 2016 Lexus ES350 maintenance guide for your Lexus model under dirt roads or dusty conditions. Every 5000 miles.
LOL @ the OP --- now who's the uniformed one???!?!?!?!?
Old 08-05-16, 03:44 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
When is the last time you drove a Lexus primarily on dirt roads?
Old 08-05-16, 07:07 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Perhaps the Chrysler vehicles also need their bolts tightened if driven off-road? Maybe someone can chime in if they own one. I'd be surprised if that was just a Lexus thing, which are cars usually built to the highest standard.
Old 08-05-16, 10:52 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Test drove a Pontiac GTO back in 2007, salesman was just ragging on my old Camaro, saying how much slower it was, what a pos it was, and how this new(er, it was an 04) GTO was the hot ****. Of course I knew both cars had the same LS1 engine, the Camaro weighed about 400lbs less. Salesman was desperate to make a sale on that GTO, it had probably been on the lot for several months.. He told me to floor it, I kept my foot in it until 100mph and scared him a bit. Got back to the dealer, handed him the keys and said my Camaro was faster and walked off. No way was I going to buy that car from that asshat who just called my current car a total slow POS.
Old 08-06-16, 01:26 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bagwell

Quick Reply: Hilarious Chrysler salesman