Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Competitive soccer moms... just need to rant

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-16, 07:39 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Competitive soccer moms... just need to rant

So, I was driving through a parking lot yesterday (the through street, not the parking spaces) and a woman in a mini-van just dead stopped in front of me. She was clearly trying to figure out where she was going. I waited a few seconds, then rather than honking my horn I just went around her. She all of a sudden got very competitive, sped up and tried to cut me off. The joke was on her, since she was in a Honda or Toyota minivan and I was in my S5. She got very nasty and honked her horn.

I then saw her going through the line at Chick-Fil-A chatting endlessly on her phone, so that's probably why she was distracted and stopped. Maybe taking orders for her whole family or her office?

Is anyone else sick of these self-indulgent drivers that think the world revolves around them? Is it just me?

Last edited by dseag2; 06-30-16 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-30-16, 07:52 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

UGH, people are in general ridiculous.

Everyone morning, I drive into a parking structure to park for work, and I cannot figure out how hard it is for people to click the button, and grab their ticket. I mean, people! you should have your window already rolled down prior to entering the lane. You grab the ticket, stick it somewhere (I dont care, your lips maybe), and drive off. Don't get my started on the people that have to put their car in park first.

These are the same people that, when finally inside the garage, they have to slowly creep, and at the first intersection, takes years to decide which direction to go, up or down a level. I just want to SCREAM at them!

Thanks for giving me a place to rant too
Old 06-30-16, 08:00 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RXSF

Everyone morning, I drive into a parking structure to park for work, and I cannot figure out how hard it is for people to click the button, and grab their ticket. I mean, people! you should have your window already rolled down prior to entering the lane. You grab the ticket, stick it somewhere (I dont care, your lips maybe), and drive off. Don't get my started on the people that have to put their car in park first.

These are the same people that, when finally inside the garage, they have to slowly creep, and at the first intersection, takes years to decide which direction to go, up or down a level. I just want to SCREAM at them!

Sure thing. Either that or they FLY through the parking garage with no consideration for who may be trying to back out of a space and almost hit you.
Old 06-30-16, 08:36 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

This is why I try my best to drive early morning or late evening as much as my schedule permits it. The traffic here is ridiculous during rush hour, almost not even worth it. Wish I could afford to live out in the mountains of Montana and not deal with any of this shet.
Old 06-30-16, 09:54 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

^^ traffic in alaska? if there ever was an oxymoron...
Old 07-01-16, 12:22 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Oh that's like going to the doctor for me. Takes me 15 minutes to get there from my house, then another 15 minutes to park because of some ancient old bat in her Grand Marquis who drives 2 miles an hour and can't figure out that there isn't a single space open until you get to the 5th floor or above.
Old 07-01-16, 04:34 AM
Skylar978
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am with you on that OP. It is almost a daily occurrence with me every single day. I work from home 90 percent of the time, and luckily I do not have to deal with traffic too often which is a blessing living in the Boston area. However, even on a different schedule than the rest (or most) of the world, I still find (or they find me) 'these' people somehow just going to grab some food, coffee, supplies, etc. I don't even bat an eye lid any longer, or get angry. If someone decides to be an idiot, I let them be and go about my way. "I've got bigger fish to fry" as a wise man once said...
Old 07-01-16, 06:04 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^^ traffic in alaska? if there ever was an oxymoron...
rushing all by himself i guess
Old 07-01-16, 11:45 AM
Stereorob
Lexus Test Driver

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts

cant stand this crap. everyone is so self absorbed these days with there facebook and text driving. makes me sick. and how rude people are!

case in point.. about those soccer moms.

so im driving home from work one day and and theres a soccer mom in a white Toyota van close to me. next thing I know she has swerved half out of her lane and she was about a centimeter away from smashing my side mirror. I swerve to the right to avoid her, look over and she has her nose in her phone giggling looking at something on facebook. I love my car and being that its old as it is (95 Ls400), even a slight collision it would get totaled out so I try to avoid situations like that. I lay on the horn and she looks over at me, rolls down her window and says "GO F... YOURSELF AZZHOLE!!!!" acted like I was the problem. I gunned my engine got infront of her stood on the brakes just long enough to scare the crap out of her since she was paying attention and quickly went into the other lane speeding off. man that made me angry.
Old 07-01-16, 06:27 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stereorob
cant stand this crap. everyone is so self absorbed these days with there facebook and text driving. makes me sick. and how rude people are!

so im driving home from work one day and and theres a soccer mom in a white Toyota van close to me. next thing I know she has swerved half out of her lane and she was about a centimeter away from smashing my side mirror. I swerve to the right to avoid her, look over and she has her nose in her phone giggling looking at something on facebook. I love my car and being that its old as it is (95 Ls400), even a slight collision it would get totaled out so I try to avoid situations like that. I lay on the horn and she looks over at me, rolls down her window and says "GO F... YOURSELF AZZHOLE!!!!" acted like I was the problem. I gunned my engine got infront of her stood on the brakes just long enough to scare the crap out of her since she was paying attention and quickly went into the other lane speeding off. man that made me angry.
You will get flack from others in this forum for that, but not from me. Good for you!
Old 07-01-16, 06:47 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

can't wait for driverless cars to take care of these people so they don't have to drive anymore
Old 07-01-16, 08:17 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
So, I was driving through a parking lot yesterday (the through street, not the parking spaces) and a woman in a mini-van just dead stopped in front of me. She was clearly trying to figure out where she was going. I waited a few seconds, then rather than honking my horn I just went around her. She all of a sudden got very competitive, sped up and tried to cut me off. The joke was on her, since she was in a Honda or Toyota minivan and I was in my S5. She got very nasty and honked her horn.

I then saw her going through the line at Chick-Fil-A chatting endlessly on her phone, so that's probably why she was distracted and stopped. Maybe taking orders for her whole family or her office?

Is anyone else sick of these self-indulgent drivers that think the world revolves around them? Is it just me?
Why should people drive any different than they act the rest of the time on a day-to-day basis? Look around--it's the world we live in.
Old 07-01-16, 08:20 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Stereorob

I'm not saying it wouldn't **** me off too, but the sad reality is that you taught her absolutely nothing, and she thinks that you are the one who is a total a$$hat.
Old 07-01-16, 09:16 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

You have to drive each day knowing and expecting there to be bad and rude drivers. If it gets under your skin, like it did here, you are going to have endless conflicts and battles for the rest of your driving career. Life is stressful enough. Having all those conflicts and that anger is no way to live. Accept that most drivers these days are inconsiderate and not paying attention. Once you accept that, it no longer becomes so upsetting when you come across it. The acceptance takes some practice and getting used to over a period of time, but it works. Worked for me!
Old 07-02-16, 04:10 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to not let things on the road bother me. Like fizzboy said, life is stressful enough, why let little things bother you even more? People are d*cks in general and are even worse on the roads, it is what it is.

Speaking of minivans, I've promised myself that I'll never own one. Not throwing shade at any of you who have them/enjoy them, as my folks had them growing up and they are fun for kids and families. However, i just enjoy driving and having a stylish ride too much to ever consider driving a minivan. I'm very much a small sport sedan/coupe type of guy, when I do have a family the only SUVs I'll consider are small crossovers like the X3, Macan, or Q5. I don't plan on having more than two kids so what's the point of all the extra space of a van?

Quick Reply: Competitive soccer moms... just need to rant