Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2016 Toyota C-HR Interior revealed - first ever best in class?

Old 06-29-16, 05:27 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks like Nissan Murano on steroids.
Old 06-29-16, 07:01 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Looks like Nissan Murano on meth.
fixed. .....
Old 06-29-16, 08:12 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

With the C-HR now taking the small crossover role in the Toyota lineup and with the demise of the 2-row Venza wagon/crossover, will the next model of RAV4 move up in size somewhat to cover the compact / 2-row crossover position below the 3-row Highlander?
Old 06-30-16, 03:28 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
With the C-HR now taking the small crossover role in the Toyota lineup and with the demise of the 2-row Venza wagon/crossover, will the next model of RAV4 move up in size somewhat to cover the compact / 2-row crossover position below the 3-row Highlander?
I've kind of wondered that, because Toyota does have a big hole in their lineup IMO. There is no premium version of the Rav4. Next step up is a much bigger Highlander or a smaller Lexus NX. With the way crossovers are selling, they need a premium, big/higher horsepower engine, Toyota badged, 5 seat crossover, ala Ford Edge, Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I still think there is a market as well for the 4Runner, just make it more of a traditional SUV, go down a notch in size, maybe get back to the 1st generation roots and make it a no-nonsense off road vehicle to go head to head with the Wrangler 4 door, same price but with a lot more civility. Toyota had the right idea with the FJ Cruiser, but it was the wrong body. It needed to be 4 doors, not goofy looking, and with superior visibility.
Old 06-30-16, 08:22 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I've kind of wondered that, because Toyota does have a big hole in their lineup IMO. There is no premium version of the Rav4. Next step up is a much bigger Highlander or a smaller Lexus NX. With the way crossovers are selling, they need a premium, big/higher horsepower engine, Toyota badged, 5 seat crossover, ala Ford Edge, Jeep Grand Cherokee.

I still think there is a market as well for the 4Runner, just make it more of a traditional SUV, go down a notch in size, maybe get back to the 1st generation roots and make it a no-nonsense off road vehicle to go head to head with the Wrangler 4 door, same price but with a lot more civility. Toyota had the right idea with the FJ Cruiser, but it was the wrong body. It needed to be 4 doors, not goofy looking, and with superior visibility.
The Venza was supposed to be that premium, mid-size crossover to go up against the Ford Edge and Nissan Murano but I gather that it did not sell well in the USA. It did sell well up here in Canada (from what I see) but that is not enough volume to keep the assembly line going.

I would be interested in a "premium [larger/longer] version of the RAV4 [hybrid]". I find the current RAV4's rear seat just too small.
Old 06-30-16, 01:18 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
- Seat heaters - look at Prius or Rav4. Not only those switches are from 90's, they are placed below the shifter so there is little chance you will find them easily. In C-HR it is nice modern switch on HVAC.

- Shifter. On many Toyota and Lexus vehicles, we have large shifter with old design sticking out as a sore thumb. Here we have short and sporty/expensive looking shifter.
How many times does one need to search and find the seat heater button once they have located it the first time? Looks to me that these seat heater switches could be confused with other buttons thus having to take your eyes off the road. Plus you have to push them multiple times thus again, taking your eyes off the road. I don't like them

they even have similar diamond patters on interior roof!
For some reason I doubt the roof patters are going to make any difference when someone is going to buy this thing.

For me, I do not see what the big deal is about the interior. The interior HVAC buttons looks very GM-ish. The screen sticks out and looks silly. Only thing that looks good is the front end, at least it does not have some crazy front grille.
Old 06-30-16, 01:53 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

add a spindle and here is the redesign Lexus Ct
Old 06-30-16, 04:25 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Diemellz
add a spindle and here is the redesign Lexus Ct
2016 Toyota C-HR Interior revealed - first ever best in class?-aeyqq.gif

did not think about this
Old 06-30-16, 06:24 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
How many times does one need to search and find the seat heater button once they have located it the first time? Looks to me that these seat heater switches could be confused with other buttons thus having to take your eyes off the road. Plus you have to push them multiple times thus again, taking your eyes off the road. I don't like them

For some reason I doubt the roof patters are going to make any difference when someone is going to buy this thing.

For me, I do not see what the big deal is about the interior. The interior HVAC buttons looks very GM-ish. The screen sticks out and looks silly. Only thing that looks good is the front end, at least it does not have some crazy front grille.
indeed, they should put them in the boot.
Old 06-30-16, 06:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Most likely the cost savings from the new platform allows Toyota to start putting better interiors into their cars. My next car might be a Toyota when my GS lease ends, if new products have this kind of nice interior.
indeed... interior designed in short video interview mentioned how they were able to use "TNGA" seats in C-HR... that was his main bullet point.

Looking at them, it looks like something out of RC and not Corolla.

New Auris interior should be really nice!

Old 06-30-16, 06:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I do not see what the big deal is about the interior.
Well it's better than some other recent Toyota interiors.
Old 06-30-16, 07:38 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

indeed... interior designed in short video interview mentioned how they were able to use "TNGA" seats in C-HR... that was his main bullet point.

Looking at them, it looks like something out of RC and not Corolla.

New Auris interior should be really nice!
To me, not so much the RC, but straight out of the Mirai.