Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Don't buy a Lexus in Europe!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-16, 03:31 AM
lexixel
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Don't buy a Lexus in Europe!

just kidding. buy more.

Last edited by lexixel; 06-25-16 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-24-16, 03:48 AM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I'd nail this on Lexus France for giving such terrible service. Yours is an older car but they shouldn't have made a mess during the airbag replacement, which is a safety-critical warranty job.

I'd also tone down the rhetoric. You've managed to insult Americans and those in developing countries who buy Lexus vehicles
Old 06-24-16, 05:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by lexixel
My SC430 was serviced with the wrong ATF. They were very rude and only after my insistence and calling the corporate did they accept the replace it.

They gave me a certificate that says they've replaced all the fluid.

No, they didn't. I checked, and the fluid was still dark. -> And they originally charged me for 6 litres of fluid. That means ~15 litres and the fluid was still old?

The corporate does nothing. The *******s hang up on me. Completely useless. Told me if the car runs it's ok. But of course if it breaks down it's all on me.

Don't buy Lexus. The worst in Europe. No wonder it's almost exiting. Lexus is only for Americans.

Also, France is joining the third world soon.
Simple solution, get rid of it and move on. Less aggravation for you.
Old 06-24-16, 05:43 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Self service or independent shop. The decision is yours.
Old 06-24-16, 12:09 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They also broke my veneer panel during the airbag recall.

I had to point it out, and they only glued it on. Great service. Wonderful.

Also, 4 euros for a crush washer? Lexus is 2x as bad as MB in Europe.
Unfortunately you can't expect US like customer service anywhere in Europe. If the dealer is not or will not be compensated for the recall they will always do a crappy job or plain out refuse to do it with million excuses they can come up that minute. I've heard it happen to others in like VW, Audi, BMW dealerships and I myself had an engine swap two times cause the dealer, official dealer, didn't know how to work on the engine so they figured to give me a complete new drivetrain since it was in warranty. I had my car stuck in shop for close to 60 days because of it.

If you have some sustainable net income of around three to five euro Gs per month just move to US, life is a lot easier there.
Old 06-24-16, 07:48 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I agree. Customer service is non-existent here. Unfortunately, I need to stay here for work (not France, though).
Yes, if you think you have customer service issues now just be glad you don't live in Italy.
Old 06-24-16, 10:37 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

My SC430 was serviced with the wrong ATF. They were very rude and only after my insistence and calling the corporate did they accept the replace it.

They gave me a certificate that says they've replaced all the fluid.

No, they didn't. I checked, and the fluid was still dark. -> And they originally charged me for 6 litres of fluid. That means ~15 litres and the fluid was still old?

The corporate does nothing. The *******s hang up on me. Completely useless. Told me if the car runs it's ok. But of course if it breaks down it's all on me.

Don't buy Lexus. The worst in Europe. No wonder it's almost exiting. Lexus is only for Americans.

Also, France is joining the third world soon.
This is on your shady dealer, not Lexus.

Corporate Lexus cannot pay for repair bills for every schmoe that calls them up. Your issue is with the dealer.

If they billed you for work they did not do, that is called fraud and you had a way to prove it.

I'm sorry the car has issues, you should probably sell it on and let it be someone else's problem.

Last edited by Chocolate; 06-24-16 at 11:06 PM.
Old 06-25-16, 04:09 AM
lexixel
Pit Crew

have a look at what they put in as 'new' fluid

Old 06-25-16, 06:56 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

That is garbage, one really has to verify work has been done. You did the right thing inspecting the fluids. It's easy to tell if your oil or most any other fluid has actually been changed simply by inspecting it.

From now on, I will be taking before and after photos for major maintenance/fluid changes that I do not perform myself.
Old 06-25-16, 11:26 AM
lexixel
Pit Crew

while the service is ****, the car is great. even at this age, it's smooth, quiet, and solid. really good with the top down.

so basically, the Japanese did things right. then, they hired some dishonest scumbags in this country populated by crooked mechanics. I've had a guy charging me to change the cabin filter on another car (don't know why I said yes; 2 min to DIY) - and felt it ok to pass that one. The guy I've been suing just comes up with lies spontaneously, but as my lawyer laughingly points out, without much consistency.

civil law vs common law. it seems that the former really is bad for business.
Old 06-25-16, 11:46 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

just kidding. buy more.
Why this change of heart?
Old 06-25-16, 11:52 AM
lexixel
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by chikoo
Why this change of heart?
'cause I feel silly writing on a forum. nobody really cares.
Old 06-25-16, 07:21 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
Unfortunately you can't expect US like customer service anywhere in Europe. If the dealer is not or will not be compensated for the recall they will always do a crappy job or plain out refuse to do it with million excuses they can come up that minute.
while it is true that european dealers dont do the same level customer service as usa, especially when they have to pamper you, european distributors do pay for the warranty work. It is not the same fee as what you pay, but they still pay reasonable fee for work.

now of course it is a lot better for them if the work is out of warranty since they make money on parts as well.
Old 06-25-16, 07:29 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

'cause I feel silly writing on a forum. nobody really cares.
Not everyone in this forum has the myopic view that the US is the only country in the world. I travel to, and do business in, Europe and it is interesting to hear how fellow Lexus owners are treated there. If anything, it gives us a perspective on how lucky we are to live in the States. I think there were a number of people here who cared about what you were going through, and I would surmise that even more Americans will have a global point of view now that "Brexit" has taken place and is affecting their 401k's.
Old 06-25-16, 07:37 PM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I would surmise that even more Americans will have a global point of view now that "Brexit" has taken place and is affecting their 401k's.
Don't remind me.

Quick Reply: Don't buy a Lexus in Europe!