Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VIDEO: Club Lexus Reviews the 2016 Lexus GS F

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-16, 05:08 PM
Manuel3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDEO: Club Lexus Reviews the 2016 Lexus GS F

We're well-aware of the Lexus GS F's horsepower deficit when compared with the likes of the Cadillac CTS-V, but after a week of living with the GS F, does it still have what it takes to battle that American bully? Find out in our review video posted on the Club Lexus homepage.

Read the rest on the Club Lexus homepage. >>
Old 06-20-16, 11:10 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 324 Likes on 140 Posts

LOL!! epic fail... that guy is like jeremy clarkson blame the traction control what an idiot... if that guy did some research he would've know how to turn it off like the stig / ben colins...
Old 06-21-16, 01:26 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't get the argument against the CTS-V.

Even if you can't use all 640hp in many driving environments, it's still the car to get for the mountain twistys.

There's just no reason to get the GS from a performance/handling perspective over the CTSV.
Old 06-21-16, 09:40 AM
tgouge
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VIDEO: Club Lexus Reviews the 2016 Lexus GS F

Wow! I hope Lexus didn't spend a lot of $ on this video. First it told me that if I can't drive it FAST it was simply frustrating. Seeing there is no autobahn to really drive a car in the U.S. FAST on a regular basis, I believe the message is - don't buy this car, it will only frustrate you. Then the comparison with the Cadillac priced equally but the Caddy has much more power (a reason to buy this car), I see no reason to settle. Was this the message intended?
Old 06-21-16, 05:06 PM
Twotwo
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gsf

Originally Posted by tgouge
Wow! I hope Lexus didn't spend a lot of $ on this video. First it told me that if I can't drive it FAST it was simply frustrating. Seeing there is no autobahn to really drive a car in the U.S. FAST on a regular basis, I believe the message is - don't buy this car, it will only frustrate you. Then the comparison with the Cadillac priced equally but the Caddy has much more power (a reason to buy this car), I see no reason to settle. Was this the message intended?
I agree car is slow no horsepower and over priced
Old 06-21-16, 05:18 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tgouge
Wow! I hope Lexus didn't spend a lot of $ on this video.
Welcome to Club Lexus. Please note this video is a third party review, not an advertisement.
Old 06-21-16, 09:55 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

So basically, it's pretty weak compared to the competition, but if you are afraid of having too much car, go ahead and spend the money on a car with less power?

No need to polish a turd. Lexus failed miserably with this car and it's okay to call them out.
Old 06-21-16, 09:57 PM
Twotwo
Rookie

Well said I second that

Last edited by Twotwo; 06-22-16 at 05:03 PM. Reason: Miss spelled
Old 06-22-16, 03:22 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jmtamu
but if you are afraid of having too much car, go ahead and spend the money on a car with less power?
hahah. pretty much that's what he said.

If you can't find a compelling reason to buy this car, that's the reason you pull out of your butt
Old 06-22-16, 05:31 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Originally Posted by jmtamu
So basically, it's pretty weak compared to the competition, but if you are afraid of having too much car, go ahead and spend the money on a car with less power?

No need to polish a turd. Lexus failed miserably with this car and it's okay to call them out.
I just don't get Lexus. The GS is a great platform and has the weakest engine offerings in its class. To kick off the refresh they drop in a 2.0t that is embarrassing for a car like this (why didn't they just use the restricted 3.5 like the IS and the RC received?), and this over hyped F model that is the weakest performer in its class in pretty much every measurable way. They "say" they want to play with the German 3, but Lexus needs to realize when you step into their ring, you better be throwing haymakers with the accuracy of a GSP or The Spider. Remember the LS400 Lexus? Remember what it took? Remember what you put on the line to make sure that everyone who laughed at the thought of a world beating Japanese full sized luxury sedan would never laugh at you again? The LS400 changed the way that everyone did business in the luxury sector. That's how you enter a segment. You change the game so that you own the game. This GS wears the clothes of a champion, but shouldn't be allowed to step into the ring with any of the real champions of the segment (///M, RS, AMG) because they earned it. I just have this uneasy feeling that Lexus has lost its way and doesn't know who it's customers are. They know who they want them to be, but they don't understand how to truly attract those buyers, or what to do with the old ones who used to love your product until you lost all direction.

The reviewer in the video is a terrible Lexus shill it seems too. I love ***** but the shot out like he's between D cup cleavage was ignorant, he drives like a hamfisted noob who hasn't been told that the throttle has near infinite settings between on and off (which must be why he can't confidently drive the Caddy through the curves, because the magnetic ride suspension on that car will make sure you can swallow up the bumps and transitions like they're barely there) and seeing as the GSF and RCF can totally shut traction control off in multiple ways, I can't believe epic fail boy allowed that to get through editing.

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad to think that a carmaker like Lexus changed the game 25 years ago, and 20 years after that made everyone rethink what that company could do with a limited run of 500 monsters. The company now lives in the shadow of those monsters, allowing that moment in time to shape what they think they are as a carmaker now. Naruse is shedding tears in heaven.
Old 06-22-16, 06:34 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDDay
Remember the LS400 Lexus? Remember what it took? Remember what you put on the line to make sure that everyone who laughed at the thought of a world beating Japanese full sized luxury sedan would never laugh at you again? The LS400 changed the way that everyone did business in the luxury sector. That's how you enter a segment. You change the game so that you own the game. This GS wears the clothes of a champion, but shouldn't be allowed to step into the ring with any of the real champions of the segment (///M, RS, AMG) because they earned it. I just have this uneasy feeling that Lexus has lost its way and doesn't know who it's customers are. They know who they want them to be, but they don't understand how to truly attract those buyers, or what to do with the old ones who used to love your product until you lost all direction.
Very different environment now than when the LS400 was introduced, but I do agree that Lexus has somewhat lost it's way, EXCEPT with the intro of the NX200, which is what the market is asking for and is selling like hot cakes. I think they hit the nail on the head with that SUV, but the RX on the other hand is just ghastly looking. Wonder if they are actually picking up lots of new buyers with that one while not alienating existing buyers.
Old 06-23-16, 07:31 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I enjoyed the review just simply for the pleasure of listening to that V8. Apparently I am easily pleased.
Old 06-23-16, 09:33 AM
Twotwo
Rookie

Default Gsf

Originally Posted by DrDDay
I just don't get Lexus. The GS is a great platform and has the weakest engine offerings in its class. To kick off the refresh they drop in a 2.0t that is embarrassing for a car like this (why didn't they just use the restricted 3.5 like the IS and the RC received?), and this over hyped F model that is the weakest performer in its class in pretty much every measurable way. They "say" they want to play with the German 3, but Lexus needs to realize when you step into their ring, you better be throwing haymakers with the accuracy of a GSP or The Spider. Remember the LS400 Lexus? Remember what it took? Remember what you put on the line to make sure that everyone who laughed at the thought of a world beating Japanese full sized luxury sedan would never laugh at you again? The LS400 changed the way that everyone did business in the luxury sector. That's how you enter a segment. You change the game so that you own the game. This GS wears the clothes of a champion, but shouldn't be allowed to step into the ring with any of the real champions of the segment (///M, RS, AMG) because they earned it. I just have this uneasy feeling that Lexus has lost its way and doesn't know who it's customers are. They know who they want them to be, but they don't understand how to truly attract those buyers, or what to do with the old ones who used to love your product until you lost all direction.

The reviewer in the video is a terrible Lexus shill it seems too. I love ***** but the shot out like he's between D cup cleavage was ignorant, he drives like a hamfisted noob who hasn't been told that the throttle has near infinite settings between on and off (which must be why he can't confidently drive the Caddy through the curves, because the magnetic ride suspension on that car will make sure you can swallow up the bumps and transitions like they're barely there) and seeing as the GSF and RCF can totally shut traction control off in multiple ways, I can't believe epic fail boy allowed that to get through editing.

Sorry for the rant, but it's sad to think that a carmaker like Lexus changed the game 25 years ago, and 20 years after that made everyone rethink what that company could do with a limited run of 500 monsters. The company now lives in the shadow of those monsters, allowing that moment in time to shape what they think they are as a carmaker now. Naruse is shedding tears in heaven.
I agree with you worthless