Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone have a jeep?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-16, 09:24 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Anyone have a jeep?

Anyone have or has had a jeep? Specifically wrangler/rubicon/Sahara 4 door or 2 door?

Or jeep 4x4 grand Cherokee?

More so interested in the newer models...any input is appreciated!

Thanks guys
Old 06-13-16, 10:08 PM
Reaper21
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a 2015 JGC for my fiancé in October, so far we love it.
Old 06-13-16, 10:26 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara. Fully loaded. 9k miles on it within a year.. Ask me your million questions..

-Josh
Old 06-14-16, 06:55 AM
kings222
Pole Position

debating on selling my F for a jeep 4 door...I love the F but I have a 07 r6 and that is what really keeps the smile on my face....I surf,snowboard and want to be able to take my car to the snow/dirt/track (with my bike) when I want and the F prevents me from doing that...so just curious on what people think of their jeeps if they have them.
Old 06-14-16, 07:09 AM
SubOrbital
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

They're slow and the quality is dubious.
Old 06-14-16, 07:11 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Land Crusier all the way. Have a 2013 and is rock solid.
Old 06-14-16, 07:46 AM
TrackLight
Driver School Candidate

I have a JKUR (4 door Wrangler Unlimited) and I love it. Like you I wanted something that supported other sporting adventures on the weekend, and I like hitting off-road trails when time permits.

Are they slow? Yes, but get a 2012/2013 and up with the newer 3.6 L engine and they are fine around town and in the hills.

Are they fun? Hell yes. Rolling out with a local club for a weekend run, top and doors off, and hitting a few trails is an awesome experience. The camaraderie among Jeep crews is second to none (in a good club). I actually "cross-shoped" the IS-F, the C63 with a Development/507 package, and the Wrangler. I went with the Jeep for a few different reasons, but first and foremost, my Dad loves Jeeps and he had more fun driving my old JK than he did the IS-F and C63's that we looked at. When I am back in the States half of the time I will add an IS-F to the stable

Hit me up if you have any questions.
Old 06-14-16, 08:42 AM
MpKSonic
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Old 06-14-16, 09:14 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Love mine.. I don't want to sell it.. Its a total toy car..

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-14-16, 01:08 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Josh ahs it been reliable. My wife says its her dream car so I want to surprise her with a new 4 door Jeep soon. I just want to be picking her up if it takes a ****. I TOTALLY dont trust any American cars and I have driven Jeeps before in Hawaii a lot and they were the ****tiest car I have ever driven, although very fun and nothing really like it on the road.
I will lease it only so I can dump it in a couple of years . I told her we need big wheels and tires .
Old 06-14-16, 01:35 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TrackLight
I have a JKUR (4 door Wrangler Unlimited) and I love it. Like you I wanted something that supported other sporting adventures on the weekend, and I like hitting off-road trails when time permits.

Are they slow? Yes, but get a 2012/2013 and up with the newer 3.6 L engine and they are fine around town and in the hills.

Are they fun? Hell yes. Rolling out with a local club for a weekend run, top and doors off, and hitting a few trails is an awesome experience. The camaraderie among Jeep crews is second to none (in a good club). I actually "cross-shoped" the IS-F, the C63 with a Development/507 package, and the Wrangler. I went with the Jeep for a few different reasons, but first and foremost, my Dad loves Jeeps and he had more fun driving my old JK than he did the IS-F and C63's that we looked at. When I am back in the States half of the time I will add an IS-F to the stable

Hit me up if you have any questions.
good to know and I appreciate the input. I am 99% sure that im goin to sell the F and get a Jeep. I just feel im going to get much more pleasure/use out of it...I want to be able to just throw my surfboards/snowboards in without having to worry about ****.

those 4 door jeep wranglers look badass with some meaty tires on them!
Old 06-14-16, 03:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I had two Grand Cherokees, a 2011 and a 2014. My business Lerner just got a 2015. Great vehicles, I would buy another in a heartbeat.
Old 06-14-16, 03:29 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Honest question...what is the appeal of Jeeps to you guys? I have a lot of family background with Chrysler (people who worked there and the like) and the general consensus is that it's a bad company that makes bad cars. It's a known fact that Jeeps have the worst reliability in the business, are ancient under the skin, and have plastic fantastic interiors.

I know what I'm saying will rub peoples' feathers the wrong way but I'm really not trying to troll here. I'm genuinely curious as to why they are so popular despite being so poorly engineered and old under the skin.

Edit: I'd like to add that I'm from an ethnic minority background so maybe that could play a role in my lack of understanding of the appeal?

Last edited by BrownPride; 06-14-16 at 03:32 PM.
Old 06-14-16, 04:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Quite honestly, its just the nicest vehicle in that segment for the money. I've driven them all. My 2011 had several small electrical issues that were a pain, and when I went to replace it I shopped everything hard looking for a vehicle I liked better and couldn't find anything. The vehicle rides and drives great, they're very quiet and solid, very refined, very capable, great looking. Something like a 4Runner is going to be more reliable but its nowhere near as nice a vehicle.

They just feel like a much more expensive vehicle than they are.

My 2014 was excellent reliability wise. Only reason we traded it was we needed the van when we had our twins. I seriously considered keeping our Jeep and trading my Lexus on the van...thats how much I liked it.

Its also the only vehicle I no longer own that I miss.
Old 06-14-16, 04:47 PM
yoegster
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2012 IS F
2012 2-Door Wrangler
Love both for very different reasons and experiences.

Quick Reply: Anyone have a jeep?