Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

MMarshall injury/Delayed reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-16, 07:06 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Get well MM!
Old 06-07-16, 07:45 PM
weezer
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel better buddy! Maybe you will be even more active on here while you are on the mend. Def treat us to a super review once you are feeling better.
Old 06-09-16, 07:50 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Yikes, and I thought you were gonna say a hood fell on your hands becuase of a lack of good struts 😃

Hope it's not serious and hope you do get better soon.
That was a good one Jill. I'm sure you made MM chuckle, which will be good for his spirits, as I did too!

MMarshall, I wish you a speedy recovery. I know your brother is helping you, but if you need anything else, I'm just across the bridge from you and is willing to assist in anyway I can.

And I really mean that!
Old 06-09-16, 12:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by RX469
That was a good one Jill. I'm sure you made MM chuckle, which will be good for his spirits, as I did too!
A light aluminum hood hitting me would be a lot better for my spirits than a heavy steel one LOL.

MMarshall, I wish you a speedy recovery. I know your brother is helping you, but if you need anything else, I'm just across the bridge from you and is willing to assist in anyway I can.

And I really mean that!
Thanks for the offer.
Old 06-30-16, 09:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Well, folks. I'm driving short distances again now. My PT therapist cleared me for limited driving...with an unlocked knee brace and flip-flops. (I have to lock it again every time I start walking). Getting in and out of that relatively small, low Verano takes some squirming and butt-work on the seat, but I'm coping. And I can't carry normal shopping-loads into and out of my house up or down the steps...just very light stuff. But I'm gradually getting back to some semblance of normal. Won't be doing any reviews for awhile, though....at least several more weeks, and then iffy.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-30-16 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-30-16, 11:46 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

get well soon!!!
Old 06-30-16, 01:49 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Glad to hear you're doing better.
Old 06-30-16, 07:17 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, folks. I'm driving short distances again now. My PT therapist cleared me for limited driving...with an unlocked knee brace and flip-flops. (I have to lock it again every time I start walking). Getting in and out of that relatively small, low Verano takes some squirming and butt-work on the seat, but I'm coping. And I can't carry normal shopping-loads into and out of my house up or down the steps...just very light stuff. But I'm gradually getting back to some semblance of normal. Won't be doing any reviews for awhile, though....at least several more weeks, and then iffy.
Amazing what they can do these days. My 84 y/o mother had heart valve replacement surgery on Monday and she is getting up and walking a couple of times a day.

You will get well fast!
Old 07-01-16, 04:26 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Steady progress continue to get well soon
Old 07-02-16, 06:21 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dseag2
Amazing what they can do these days. My 84 y/o mother had heart valve replacement surgery on Monday and she is getting up and walking a couple of times a day.

You will get well fast!
Glad your mom is recovering. Best of luck to her.

Recovering from quad-tendon reattachment on the kneecap, though, like mine, is a much slower process. I'll be going through PT for a while....and walking alike a penguin LOL.
Old 07-02-16, 07:15 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh my, where have I been? This was like a month ago. And you needed surgery. My goodness, MM.

Glad you're past the critical part and are now on the mend.

Here's to a speedy recovery, MM, and glad your fingers weren't injured. This place wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll keep a good thought.

Happy Independence Day!
Old 07-02-16, 07:19 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

Be sure you do everything the PTs tell you! I know several people who came through injuries and surgeries like that and didn't complete their PT 100% and that affected the amount of their mobility they got back.
Old 07-02-16, 07:18 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Be sure you do everything the PTs tell you! I know several people who came through injuries and surgeries like that and didn't complete their PT 100% and that affected the amount of their mobility they got back.
Ditto!
Old 07-03-16, 05:17 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Oh my, where have I been? This was like a month ago. And you needed surgery. My goodness, MM.

Glad you're past the critical part and are now on the mend.

Here's to a speedy recovery, MM, and glad your fingers weren't injured. This place wouldn't be the same without you.

I'll keep a good thought.

Happy Independence Day!
Thanks. I can drive again now, to a limited extent, and run some lighter-duty errands. The knee is getting better, but there is a way to go.
Old 07-03-16, 05:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Yes, I follow her instructions to the letter. She is a good therapist, with a Master's Degree (MPT). INOVA, in general, hires good people. I've been impressed with almost everything I've seen with that organization (and I had heart surgery with them several years ago). They are, IMO, one of the best regular hospital/health-care complexes in the country, though they probably don't do as much research there as at Johns Hopkins or Bethesda Naval.

At my age, though, I may or may not get back all of my mobility, even if I do everything perfectly. I'm not a spring chicken in my 20s anymore.

Quick Reply: MMarshall injury/Delayed reviews