Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Saw this today... 40000 for a new 727hp Mustang GT.

Old 05-10-16, 06:43 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
The new stang isnt the 2004-2014 model anymore which was pretty terrible build quality wise. I came from two IS350s and went to a GT Premium Perf Pack. Definately have to get premium on these
Meh, I sat in the new ones and still not that impressed with the quality of the interior materials.
Old 05-10-16, 06:59 AM
NSXGuy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A great value at $40k but if I was going to buy a Mustang, it would be the Shelby GT350R. That's a complete performance car, not just horsepower!
Old 05-10-16, 07:08 AM
Bigjon3475
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NSXGuy
A great value at $40k but if I was going to buy a Mustang, it would be the Shelby GT350R. That's a complete performance car, not just horsepower!
Yeah, I'd trade the F in a heartbeat if I could find one. They're suppose to be $65k which is an absolute steal.
Old 05-10-16, 07:38 AM
ebbsnflows
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the criticism of the cheap interiors, LOL. There was a time not long ago, that 700hp was reserved for super-exotics costing $300k and required $10k a year to maintain. Now we're able to walk into Chevy/Ford/Cadillac/Dodge dealerships and walk out with insane levels of HP, complete with factory warranty for semi-reasonable prices. It's apparent that most of you don't remember when 225hp Foxbody Mustangs were considered blazing fast by many (and came with lousy interiors)

...and speaking of lousy interiors, the ISF's interior is pretty lousy, unless "rubber" is an upgrade over plastic. I can't open the door from the inside without scratching the soft rubber door panel. The soft rubber dash panel is slowly pulling away from center infotainment plastic, and that doesn't even address the "sticky" door panel issue caused by the rubber breaking down...and my car lives 90% of it's life in the garage in a relatively mild climate. I can't imagine the condition if it was a daily driver and sat in the sun every day.

$40k for 700hp is a steal...and that's even if it came without a radio, A/C, or back seats.
Old 05-10-16, 07:44 AM
lolfunxion
Lead Lap

To be clear, the 727HP version only has parts only warranty. Which leads me to believe it's the SC warranty not motor and definitely not drivetrain.

To get the full Roush 3-year drivetrain warranty you'd have to go with the 670hp option. That's probably what I'd opt for for peace of mind. Still plenty of power, but you won't be screwed if you blow up the motor, axles, etc.

I'll have to do some thinking on this, I love the blue one on their site. The flat red doesn't do anything for me, but that deeper candy red that's like the IS-F red (I forget the code) sure is pretty.
Old 05-10-16, 08:07 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ebbsnflows
I love the criticism of the cheap interiors, LOL. There was a time not long ago, that 700hp was reserved for super-exotics costing $300k and required $10k a year to maintain. Now we're able to walk into Chevy/Ford/Cadillac/Dodge dealerships and walk out with insane levels of HP, complete with factory warranty for semi-reasonable prices. It's apparent that most of you don't remember when 225hp Foxbody Mustangs were considered blazing fast by many (and came with lousy interiors)

...and speaking of lousy interiors, the ISF's interior is pretty lousy, unless "rubber" is an upgrade over plastic. I can't open the door from the inside without scratching the soft rubber door panel. The soft rubber dash panel is slowly pulling away from center infotainment plastic, and that doesn't even address the "sticky" door panel issue caused by the rubber breaking down...and my car lives 90% of it's life in the garage in a relatively mild climate. I can't imagine the condition if it was a daily driver and sat in the sun every day.

$40k for 700hp is a steal...and that's even if it came without a radio, A/C, or back seats.
Maybe your 08 is lousy but my 12 interior is mint and it's daily and in the sun 24/7.

This rough plastic on the door would be a slap in the face if I dropped $40k on a Mustang. I had a Ford not too long ago and lets just say they still have a long way to go in the quality department. Such a disappointment.

Old 05-10-16, 10:19 AM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

This dealer is 30 minutes from my house and is legit. I know a few people who have bought various Roush setups from them.

They are really trying to be the go to place for aftermarket Mustangs. Their business model seems to be working for now.
Old 05-10-16, 11:07 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that 16' 350 is very enticing.
Old 05-10-16, 11:51 AM
DBrian
Rookie

Have to admit the mustang is a good looking car, though for us that are a bit more "mature" in age, my wife would say the Mustang would make me look like i was back in high school.... also i wonder how much fuel that Roush motor sucks up?
The Hellcat is one of the better looking muscle throwbacks, BUT it is very nearly the same curb weight as the old Chevy Suburban I used to haul kids around in the 90s....
Old 05-10-16, 11:53 AM
specie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigjon3475
I know... I bet all the plastic melts in the heat... Wait...
Haha. Step into the 2nd gen IS forums and see how satisfied the drivers are with their interiors.

$40k for that level of performance is phenomenal $/performance value no matter how you dice it.
Old 05-10-16, 12:35 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 667 Likes on 589 Posts

Hm.....

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 05-10-16, 01:56 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've owned and owe all three generations of the IS. Yes the first Gen is300 interior did melt and easily scratched in some ways. I've owned an is250 and owe an isf and the interior has held up for many years, 0 complaints. Some of my family members also have had the is350, is250, isf, and their cars have held up well. I also have a newer is200t, which looks pretty solid.
Old 05-11-16, 08:15 AM
One2beH8ed
Lead Lap

I call these Me Too's. When you go the drag strip you ask "what kind of car do you drive and they always say mustang and then you say Me too!!!!"

Horespower is great and all but I love being unique.
Old 05-11-16, 08:41 AM
MileHIFcar
Pole Position

Received 402 Likes on 256 Posts

^^^^Agreed...the only mustang that appeals to me at this moment is the GT350, but even then they are still (or will be soon after the dealer markups go away) too common and you will blend into the crowd like owning a civic/accord/Camaro/Malibu etc........... Mad respect for Ford's performance division though, it's a fantastic motor! But I don't know if it's already been passed performance wise by the new Camaro SS performance package 1LE:

The V8 Camaro SS 1LE introduces the new FE4 suspension to the sixth-generation Camaro — a performance-oriented chassis system with specific tuning for the magnetic dampers, springs and stabilizer bars. The package includes a new segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential. Paired with exclusive Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires, lateral acceleration will exceed 1 g.

“The 2017 Camaro SS 1LE sets the new benchmark for the segment, lapping the Big Willow track at Willow Springs three seconds faster than the standard Camaro SS,” said Oppenheiser.

The 1LE Performance Package will be available late 2016.

Camaro SS 1LE Highlights
• 6.2L LT1 V8 rated at 455 horsepower, and 6-speed manual transmission (automatic transmission not available)
•Magnetic Ride Control
•Segment-exclusive electronic limited-slip differential with 3.73 ratio
•Unique forged-aluminum wheels with 285/30ZR20 front tires and 305/30ZR20 rear tires
•Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires with a compound and construction developed exclusively for Camaro
•Brembo brakes with new 6-piston monobloc front red calipers and 2-piece rotors
•Track cooling package with engine oil, differential and transmission coolers
•Suede steering wheel with shorter-throw shifter
•Dual-mode exhaust system
•RECARO front seats with aggressive bolsters optimized for shifting and steering comfort
•Satin black hood, front mirrors and unique 3-piece rear spoiler
• Available Performance Data Recorder

I'm impressed with what Chevy has done with the Camaro this generation from the weight reduction to the performance it's finally turned my head that way for the first time in my life! But like the Mustang the Camaro will be just as common and I think that's the only drawback for me anyway.
Old 05-11-16, 10:48 AM
DBrian
Rookie

Originally Posted by One2beH8ed
I call these Me Too's. When you go the drag strip you ask "what kind of car do you drive and they always say mustang and then you say Me too!!!!"

Horespower is great and all but I love being unique.
Great label! IMO a lot of BMWs fall into the "me too" category as well. I think there's a lot of guys that maybe want to look like a car guy, don't really know much about them, they reach a certain success level in their career, then they assume it's time to go out and buy their BMW.
I agree with One2, love having a unique ride!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Saw this today... 40000 for a new 727hp Mustang GT.