Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-16, 02:13 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .

I feel this forum is a bit "boring". Post some pictures of interesting past cars you have owned, no matter the make/model. I will start with my two favorite cars I've owned, they were flawed in some ways but had so much character . . .

1999 Z28 Camaro, Navy Blue Metallic, LS1 V8, automatic, leather, t-top, 3.23 rear end with posi track. Stupidly fast, loud, and a bit raw around the edges. Loved the styling, the lower, wider, longer, swept back windshield exotic car look, it was the redneck version of a Jaguar XJ220.

1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance. Very dark Navy Blue paint, vinyl top, navy blue button tufted leather, sunroof, wire wheels, CD player, every possible option. Loved this car because it was a styling throwback to the great 1970's Cadillac, yet it had a "modern" TBI 350 Chevy V8. Most reliable car I ever owned, drove it from 99k in 2007 to 135k in 2012, only repairs were the brakes, tires, and a new headliner. It drove great as well, steering was pretty tight and it didn't roll in the curves.

Old 04-08-16, 06:08 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 1991 Ford Taurus wagon

With 3.0l Vulcan engine

Old 04-08-16, 08:45 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

So much loud. So many burnouts.

Old 04-08-16, 09:11 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hell on Wheels.

Max speed of 38 mph.

Old 04-08-16, 09:40 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Aron9000
I feel this forum is a bit "boring". Post some pictures of interesting past cars you have owned, no matter the make/model. I will start with my two favorite cars I've owned, they were flawed in some ways but had so much character . . .

1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance. Very dark Navy Blue paint, vinyl top, navy blue button tufted leather, sunroof, wire wheels, CD player, every possible option. Loved this car because it was a styling throwback to the great 1970's Cadillac, yet it had a "modern" TBI 350 Chevy V8. Most reliable car I ever owned, drove it from 99k in 2007 to 135k in 2012, only repairs were the brakes, tires, and a new headliner. It drove great as well, steering was pretty tight and it didn't roll in the curves.

WOW this brings back memories. Back in 1983 my father bought a new Fleetwood his was triple Burgundy. He loved that car.

Not his car but almost exactly what it looked like.

Old 04-10-16, 07:44 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
WOW this brings back memories. Back in 1983 my father bought a new Fleetwood his was triple Burgundy. He loved that car.

Not his car but almost exactly what it looked like.

My father also had a Cadillac Fleetwood but it was triple red. Metallic red paint, vinyl top and leather all in red. He and my mother used to take it on road trips across the country. His aunt owned a funeral home, it was one of their cars and she sold it to him when she got too old to drive.

He also had a '91 Lexus LS400, so I encouraged him to sell the Cadillac because he was getting older and it was too hard to maneuver. Plus, in the early 90's it looked like a "pimp car". He met someone at a gas station that wanted to buy the Cadillac. She had a Cadillac DeVille Coupe and was looking for a sedan in pristine shape. She wrote him a check, he sold it to her and she drove it home.

I would classify it as interesting and vulgar at the same time.

Last edited by dseag2; 04-10-16 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-10-16, 08:49 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

one of the best cars i have owned was my 86 mr2 which i just sold last sunday. another is the sc400 i just bought a month ago.the other one is my ls430.
i have owned some bad ones too.like a 93 eagle vision.77 corvette. a couple of pictures of my cars.
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .-p4290285.jpg   Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .-p5020369.jpg   Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .-pb130005_01.jpg  
Old 04-10-16, 08:52 PM
rld14
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is mine... I love it because it's so vulgar.

Name:  headon.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  108.5 KB
Old 04-10-16, 09:25 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

not my car but my friend recently brought in this 1991 dodge ramcharger that's absolutely the most deathtrap looking thing i've ever seen

and he just recently (because i kept telling him to and because i don't want to have to wait for his jeep liberty CRD if we drive on the highway somewhere) bought this 2003 crown vic P71 and i absolutely love this thing

i've been in it twice so far and it's so much fun, it's got some nice V8 grunt, sounds great, and people get super hesitaty around it looooool. btw i don't know why it's sagging in the front but it's funny. and also that guy in the picture isn't him.
Old 04-11-16, 10:19 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

When I was 17, I had a powder blue VW Squareback like the one below (photo is not mine). It was slow, loud, and an oven during the summer (no AC).

-Mike

Old 04-11-16, 11:35 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mikersoft
When I was 17, I had a powder blue VW Squareback like the one below (photo is not mine). It was slow, loud, and an oven during the summer (no AC).

-Mike

Oh, that brings back memories. My father had one from new (late 1960s) just like the one in the picture, but beige (the colour, not the attitude). The heater was not very effective, despite being able to turn them on to pre-heat the car without having to start the ignition. The windshield washer got pressure from the spare tire, which sat vertically in a well at the very front of the front trunk; if you tried the washer but got nothing, the first thing to do was to pop the trunk and make sure the pressure tube was properly hooked onto the airvalve on the spare.

My parents went out grocery shopping one morning... hours later they got home to say that they had bought a new car. The floorboards were rusting out and it was no longer safe to drive. It was a cold and rainy morning and water was getting in the car. We went from that VW to a Plymouth Volare wagon.
Old 04-12-16, 09:09 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

1952 Dodge Wayfarer. Bottom-feeder business coupe in its day. This one is identical to mine except that mine had whitewalls.

Factory specs included an in-line, five-main-bearing six-cylinder engine with a displacement of 230.2 cubic inches, with a 7.0:1 compression ratio, fed by a Stromberg two-barrel carburetor. Horsepower output was 103 hp, with 190 lb-ft of torque at 1,200 rpm; the top speed was reportedly 75 mph, with 0-60 coming in roughly 25 seconds. Mine, with a lightly-milled head and cold air induction and a side exhaust did a bit better. A three-speed column shift and conventional clutch, the effects of which were mitigated by a Chrysler-developed "Fluid Drive", aka a torque converter that softened engagement of the clutch.

The body was actually built by Briggs (who built the bodies for Packard), who produced a rugged, if heavy, body with sufficient compound curves to foil random dents. The frame was equally rugged and the independent front coil spring suspension and Hotchkiss rear drive was all mounted in rubber that gave it a smooth, rattle-free ride - unusual for a bottom-of-the-line car.

This was the car that I bought for $200 while in high school and served me well for four years. I overhauled the engine, repainted the car, replaced the seats with Volvo buckets, but the basic car ran trouble-free for years in heavy use. In it's fourth year the fluid coupling began to weep fluid onto the clutch face, and after replacing a couple of $40 clutches, I found that changing the fluid coupling would cost more than the car was worth. I traded it and $1200 for an almost-new Plymouth Valiant and never looked back.

A vast improvement over the Dodge, with torsion bar front suspension, a real three-on-the-floor transmission, and the big 225 cu in (3.7 L) Slant-6 engine (developed for the larger full-size Dodge and Plymouth). Odd, if "unique" styling cues were the "wing" fenders, tailfins, and a stamped (fake) spare on the decklid. It was a nice package that I drove through college and into my first year of grad school when I was seduced by a '67 Mustang. Obviously, I wasn't alone.

But there is an interesting footnote to those early Valiants - they ran in a special class in NASCAR - and were led by, of all people, guys named Richard Petty and Marvin Panch. The "Compact Car" class included Ford Falcons and Chevy Corvairs, but they were anything but stock. With heavily modified stock blocks, the Compacts put on quite a show, but sadly the difference in performance between Plymouth, Ford, and Chevy entries was just too great. Ford and Chevy needn't have showed up.

In the first race, Valiants won the first seven places on the Daytona road course, and their "HyperPac" of factory engine upgrades could be purchased from your local Dodge/Plymouth dealer for about $400. Not intended for street use, they were a truly miserable (if blazingly fast) experience in urban traffic. All top-end power with a high-idle setting produced some healthy numbers on the track, and a number of rival speed merchants (notably Offenhauser) began supplying go-fast parts that were a little more tractable.

The wild disparity in performance between rival makes didn't make for a great fan experience, so the formula was quickly abandoned. The abortive "Compact Car" series remains, however, as the great-grandfather of the Xfinity cup.

Old 04-12-16, 12:42 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

Our family's first car was a 79 chevette.
I don't think I ever saw my dad do an oil change for that thing......maybe b/c it kept leaking oil and he just topped it off on a regular basis

Name:  IMG_2089edited.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  80.4 KB

We moved on up in society and our first luxury car: 82 buick skylark
power steering, power windows, power brakes, cassette play, AC,

And nothing more vulgar than the 80s poop brown color

I hate those crown vics security car driving behind you
Old 04-12-16, 08:05 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rld14
This is mine... I love it because it's so vulgar.

Maybe vulgar but outstanding!
Old 04-12-16, 08:12 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Okay, truly vulgar because of the length of the car but very little interior space. My dad owned a '73 Lincoln Mark IV in triple silver. Silver paint, silver vinyl top, silver leather interior. Even opera windows. Loved driving it. I think he turned me onto coupes, which is why I have one now.

Not actual pics, but you get the idea...
Attached Thumbnails Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .-lincoln.jpeg   Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .-lincoln-2.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Pictures of the most interesting or vulgar car you ever owned . . .