Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So what is it with drivers these days?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-16, 09:30 AM
litesoarer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lil4X
+1 Leave that left lane for the folks who want to contribute to our local constabulary.

Funny, but aren't they the same people who are constantly complaining about getting a ticket?

Here's your sign . . .
I've found that my pattern of driving tends to not draw attention.

My sign says "Slower traffic keep right"

What does yours say?
Old 04-03-16, 10:18 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Mine says "love my radar detector"
Old 04-03-16, 11:47 AM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by EZZ
Mine says "love my radar detector"
having a good detector (valentine one) is essential if you have a good car loool... all joking aside though i just don't like that cops can just say 'yep, gotcha on radar' and normally there's no way to know if they're just BSing or not. above all else i just see it as a way to prevent injustice from happening to yourself.

and in response to Lil4X, i don't complain about getting a speeding ticket, i just see it as an eventual fee you need to pay if you choose the lifestyle. it's very easy to not get a speeding ticket, just go at the speed that's on the sign. my car is better than that though so i'm gonna continue to safely drive at 83 in a 65. as long as people don't have to brake for you or you don't have to brake to avoid hitting someone, i say you're doing it right.
Old 04-03-16, 12:34 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I love driving and will miss having a sporty car to throw around, this is why I really look forward to autonomous cars... There are a bunch of crappy drivers out there (yes, especially in America), plus, I mean my god, look at how much hate and anger they inspire in threads like these. I feel like when some one does something annoying on the road, the affected people react like they've never made a mistake in their lives. Driving is one thing that it will probably be good to take the human element out of.

EDIT: I completely agree about how ****ed up speeding laws in America are, though... It's up there on the long list of problems with American law enforcement.
Old 04-03-16, 01:36 PM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
Gee, thanks
Sorry I was drunk and generalizing a bit. Owning a Dodge truck doesn't make you a douche, but I swear the level of douchey driving by dodge guys is way higher than other pickup truck drivers. Especially the diesel guys.
Old 04-03-16, 02:38 PM
Stroock639
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
As much as I love driving and will miss having a sporty car to throw around, this is why I really look forward to autonomous cars... There are a bunch of crappy drivers out there (yes, especially in America), plus, I mean my god, look at how much hate and anger they inspire in threads like these. I feel like when some one does something annoying on the road, the affected people react like they've never made a mistake in their lives. Driving is one thing that it will probably be good to take the human element out of.

EDIT: I completely agree about how ****ed up speeding laws in America are, though... It's up there on the long list of problems with American law enforcement.
i agree, we need way more people in autonomous cars. most people don't even want to have to drive places so i think it'd be great for many people.
Old 04-03-16, 07:14 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by litesoarer
]

If you can't hang, surface streets are available.
With a GS430 I can more than "hang" . But hey if some drivers choose to turn freeways and surface streets into racetracks because they think they have a Formula 1 racing licence with the "racing on public roads endorsement", I guess it's on them lol.