Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Looks like chevy has an answer for the m4

Old 03-10-16, 01:03 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

I'd probably go for the Camaro too. Best bang for the buck.
However, this whole comparison is unrealistic in the real world. Most people who are shopping BMW's, have little interest in Camaros and the GM dealership. They are cross-shopping other German makes and likely Japanese competition. The American brutes such as the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger take care of the "other side." I do not see or hear about much cross-over, and I'm in the thick of the suburbs where all these cars run rampant.
Old 03-10-16, 01:46 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
I'd probably go for the Camaro too. Best bang for the buck.
However, this whole comparison is unrealistic in the real world. Most people who are shopping BMW's, have little interest in Camaros and the GM dealership. They are cross-shopping other German makes and likely Japanese competition. The American brutes such as the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger take care of the "other side." I do not see or hear about much cross-over, and I'm in the thick of the suburbs where all these cars run rampant.
Exactly why Camaro and Mustang are getting better at being sportscars than a sportscar. There is no sportscar at their price can beat them. Heck there is no European sportscar under 100K (probably 200K) can beat Z28 and GT350R at the track. GM and Ford are trying to create cars with styling that pay homage to classic muscles while outperforming Europeans. They are trying to create cars that European enthusiasts need to check out and consider before dropping coins on M/RS/AMG.
Old 03-10-16, 02:04 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The big deal of this new Camaro is that it is on the Cadillac ATS platform which consistently has beaten the 3 series for handling. This platform is very light and is reflected in the new Camaro which is about 300 lb lighter than before. With the big power available, the Camaro is a better track car than the M4.
Steve
Old 03-10-16, 02:10 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I see the M having a more adult styling vs the Camaro.
I do like the styling of the CTS-V.
Old 03-11-16, 05:33 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The Camaro is dated, old-school, and childish. The BMW is modern, classy, and refined. I don't think the two can be compared based on horsepower alone.
I'll take the 2016 Mustang over the Camaro. Thanks.
Old 03-11-16, 06:28 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I see the M having a more adult styling vs the Camaro.
adult styling or a cute badge?

Old 03-11-16, 06:31 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bagwell
adult styling or a cute badge?

Adult styling.
The M is a classier styled to me.
Old 03-11-16, 07:03 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

yeah, agree the m4 is more classy than a camaro or mustang which are targeted more at the nascar crowd as opposed to the night club crowd.

in terms of value and performance though, the camaro and mustang are now unbeatable after both brands decided to make them have serious world class platforms and not just hugely compromised 'cheap' platforms.
Old 03-11-16, 07:52 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yeah, agree the m4 is more classy than a camaro or mustang which are targeted more at the nascar crowd as opposed to the night club crowd.

in terms of value and performance though, the camaro and mustang are now unbeatable after both brands decided to make them have serious world class platforms and not just hugely compromised 'cheap' platforms.
Spot on!
Old 03-11-16, 08:00 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

much better than the "adult styling" analogy.....wtf is 'adult styling'?
Old 03-11-16, 08:17 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

I think 3/4series is more like "senior people styling", M4 is trying to hard to be young and hardcore is just like old gramma tries doing twerking. DOES NOT WORK. Camaro styling belongs to younger crown where cars are actually get driven, and raced. While styling is subjective, I take RC-F over M4 anyday, and Camaro over M4 anyday.
Old 03-11-16, 08:26 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Put a Black C63 AMG next to whatever color M4, you'll find out what it takes to be classy. Everything in the segment looks childish to me, even RC-F and RS4/5. yeah that includes Guilia QV, ATS-V, M3/4. They are "entry level" luxury, they are made to look like an angry kid wearing tuxedo.
Old 03-11-16, 08:49 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

non Nascar crowd...
Old 03-11-16, 01:25 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,091 Likes on 1,355 Posts

wtf is 'adult styling'?
with adult styling someone stands next to a car with a european beer.
without adult styling someone stands next to a car with a bud.
Old 03-11-16, 03:26 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Rumor has it the next Corvette (C8) could be mid-engine. If so that would help differentiate the two even more.
There have been rumors of a mid engined Corvette since the late70's/early 80's along with a Wankel powered one at one time. It never happens. It would likely be too expensive plus most Corvette owners are fine with it and probably prefer it to still be front engine. I think if they do a mid engine Chevy sports car it would replace the ZR1 at well over 100K and would be separate from the base Corvette which will likely remain front engine.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looks like chevy has an answer for the m4