Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-16, 09:05 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks Rage2

I tried to convince myself they were something else as there is a large vent near the passenger door
Old 01-12-16, 09:13 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm late to comment, but wow, it is gorgeous and true to the concept. Whatever its competition is, to me, it has way more presence than the 650i, or S Coupe. It's just amazing that for it's speculative price, there is not much out there that will stand out like the LC500.

I appreciate how they kept the "tri-beam" headlight design close to the concept, as well as the "afterburner" tail lamps(is the depth an illusion or what?" , the proportions, and so many things to point out.
Old 01-12-16, 09:26 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,707 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by rage2
...snip..
Thanks for all the pics but please consider cutting back on the HDR effect.
Old 01-12-16, 09:42 AM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
definitely a sexy car, but is it me or is the front of the car huge?
It's not as big as the pictures show. That's more of an effect from using a wide angle lens shooting up close from that angle. Not a lot of options for shots here on press days.

Originally Posted by Individual
It's just amazing that for it's speculative price, there is not much out there that will stand out like the LC500.
I lol'd a little at the Acura press conference when they pulled the covers off their Precision Concept.

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Thanks for all the pics but please consider cutting back on the HDR effect.
As a photog, I'm not a fan either, but the majority of people like that effect, which is why we do it. I'm asked by every photog on Beyond to dial it back too, but majority rules, sorry.
Old 01-12-16, 09:54 AM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
I really can not agree with the "clearly wrong" statement..

Mototrend had been invited by Lexus early on, to start documenting the progress of the prototype / mules back in December 2014 here in Southern California

This too is a great article to read up, if you haven't yet http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-...t-look-review/

So far the latest iteration stage 4 prototype weight is all we know..

There will be one more stage 5 prototype built for fine tunning before the final iteration is slated for production version..

But yes the weight hopefuly can be lighter and also depending on options & equipment it can be heavier..
( We learned this early on with the LFA )

Hope this helps...

Joe Z
The article spywolf linked to says the same thing as motortrend. They weren't alone in being test drivers for the development cars. MT's article makes it seem like they and Pobst were key to developing the car, but the truth is there were multiple others doing the exact same thing. So their info isn't any better or lesser than any other who had the same privilege Lexus gave.
Old 01-12-16, 09:56 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

As a photog, I'm not a fan either, but the majority of people like that effect, which is why we do it. I'm asked by every photog on Beyond to dial it back too, but majority rules, sorry.

^^ Do the untouched photos look a bit more realistic ??

For example true to color:

Joe Z
Old 01-12-16, 10:05 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TF109B
The article spywolf linked to says the same thing as motortrend. They weren't alone in being test drivers for the development cars. MT's article makes it seem like they and Pobst were key to developing the car, but the truth is there were multiple others doing the exact same thing. So their info isn't any better or lesser than any other who had the same privilege Lexus gave.
Yes I'm totally aware... There was a few key 3rd party persons to deliver feedback on development..

My point was Motortrend didn't pull 4,300lbs out of the air... They got it from the CE or from the data telemetry or from Lexus themselves during develepment..

Trust me I would love to see it under 4,000lbs.. Truth is we won't know until Lexus makes the official announcement once the final iteration is approved for production.

We can compare journalists words all they long, but I doubt MT made a mistake on the weight of the Mule / Prototype..

Joe Z
Old 01-12-16, 10:14 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

4,300lbs seems quite porky but how does it compare to similar cars?
Old 01-12-16, 10:15 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For example true to color:

Joe Z
Well technically true color is never a true color on photos that especially goes for intensive metallics like red or just plain yellow and even bright greens. Just remember how Fresh Mint LFA was never ever captured in its true hue on any of the photos. It takes a trained eye to adjust the image to resemble that intense warm green that's on the verge of being cold green at the same time.

As far as the HDR effect goes even Lexus is guilty of that as their official LC500 photos are crap, the one on the road track especially. The ones in studio environment are a lot better. My advice to HDR people is just to blend it with regular photo for about 15-20% and the effect will be even more intriguing to the eye as viewer sense something is going on but they cant point the finger on it.

This is a really good product visualization image no doubt, CGI or not doesn't matter.

Old 01-12-16, 10:18 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

The surreal look works for some things but it is turned up way way too high on those images, nothing in real life looks remotely like that.
Old 01-12-16, 10:19 AM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nicely done Lexus! They didn't change much from the concept

Nice to see that the are using the V8 found in the GSF/RCF.
Old 01-12-16, 11:02 AM
rage2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's an unretouched photo, with just noise reduction and sharpness. It looks REALLY metallic in person and very close to this photo.

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
The surreal look works for some things but it is turned up way way too high on those images, nothing in real life looks remotely like that.
You're preaching to the choir here. My website isn't targeted for photogs, otherwise I wouldn't use such an effect on all our photos. Manufacturers do that to their photos all the time too because that's what a lot of people want. It sucks but what do you do.
Old 01-12-16, 11:09 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

Thanks for sharing the pictures rage! I think that's enough HDR discussion for now. Let's continue drooling over the LC500
Old 01-12-16, 11:14 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

If this isn't coming out till spring of 2017, it might as well have been announced at next years detroit show. Generate buzz now but it may go stale
Old 01-12-16, 11:49 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Here's an unretouched photo, with just noise reduction and sharpness. It looks REALLY metallic in person and very close to this photo.

You're preaching to the choir here. My website isn't targeted for photogs, otherwise I wouldn't use such an effect on all our photos. Manufacturers do that to their photos all the time too because that's what a lot of people want. It sucks but what do you do.
^^ Perfect..!!

Allen, you & I can go half on an LC 500... Every other weekend

Joe Z

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News