Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mid size rear wheel drive Lexus Sedan or Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-16, 05:56 AM
ronsinsc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid size rear wheel drive Lexus Sedan or Coupe

I am interested in purchasing a midsize Lexus sedan or Coupe . It must have rear wheel drive and hopefully ability to and nearly all of the electronic safety aids that are available.

I am assuming that this is the right form to asked these questions if not please direct me and I will move it there.

I should also say that I am not really concerned with it being high-performance
Old 01-09-16, 09:17 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Welcome to CL as a new poster.

We probably need to have a little more info here for a credible recommendation. How much can you afford? New or used? What kind of ride-comfort/handling qualities do you want? How many people do you normally carry....do you need back seat room? Can you get affordable insurance?

If you want a brand new sedan, the GS is currently the only mid-sized RWD sedan that Lexus sells in the American market. The RWD IS is really more of a compact than mid-sized, and the LS is considered full-size by today's standards. The ES doesn't offer RWD. The RC coupe, of course, is RWD, but its back seat is probably worthless for large adults.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-09-16 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-09-16, 10:27 AM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Your best options would be the GS or RC.
Old 01-09-16, 10:39 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

The GS Line is the only one that will fit the bill if you want all available safety aids since the IS and RC do not currently offer the new Safety System+ option
Old 01-09-16, 12:09 PM
FrancisKey
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, GS will definitely fit your requirements
Old 01-09-16, 04:44 PM
ronsinsc
Rookie

You are all correct for recommending the GS model. Price is not an issue however I certainly want to pay as little as possible for the vehicle with the options I require. Basically as far as the options go I want all of the electronic aids that deal with safety, so that means I have to buy at 2016. They are substantially more expensive than the deals they are offering on the 2015's which do not have much in the way of the safety equipment on the 2016 GS 350 four door Sedan .

I spent the afternoon at the dealers and took the vehicle on an extended test drive. The drive included a stop at my house to see how easy or difficult it would be to park the vehicle in a garage. It turned out that it could be parked garage with relative ease unlike some of my other cars.

I have to say the car is probably one of the best midsize sedans I've ever driven I would not say that the car handles I'll little like a track prepare car but considering it was drizzling when I drove it and I drive it rather hard without losing grip was impressive. The great grip that the car has maybe attributable to the tires I noticed that they were Bridgestone RE somethings. Seeing as I run Bridgestone RE11's on another of my vehicles I'm presuming the Bridgestone on the Lexus are quite good. re 11 are about as close as you can get to an R compound track tire.

You can feel the cars wait when driving on a curvy road but that's really no big deal four car that I plan to use is my daily driver.

All I need to do now is give him the interior color and exterior color and he said he would tell me what they would sell it to me for I asked how much off MSRP it would be an he said he needed to check on the cars and see what's coming in that's really no problem hopefully I can make this deal work as I think it's a really good car from my use and for that of a lot of other people too

The MSRP papers the salesman provided me with show it to be $56,845

Anyone that has information as to what these vehicles are going out the door would be helpful thanks Ron
Old 01-09-16, 09:27 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Check out the 4th Generation GS forum...lots of info in there.
Old 01-10-16, 11:14 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ronsinsc
I am interested in purchasing a midsize Lexus sedan or Coupe . It must have rear wheel drive and hopefully ability to and nearly all of the electronic safety aids that are available.

I am assuming that this is the right form to asked these questions if not please direct me and I will move it there.

I should also say that I am not really concerned with it being high-performance
I know its not a true coups, but what about the ISC in either 250 or 350 trim? I have always loved the design of the ISC even though its an older end of life type Lexus model.