Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 08:42 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

who cares what it is. BRING IT!
Old 12-12-11, 09:45 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
who cares what it is. BRING IT!
+1
Old 12-12-11, 09:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

Looks like an SC to me. The wide swath of bumper surface without sporty air scoops is similar to yesterday's SC. IMO, this was a weak point with the last SC and I dont' like what I'm seeing here either.
Old 12-12-11, 10:56 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

SC. This has to be an SC....

When everybody was bishing about Lexus canceling the SC I had faith in them.

This is going to be epic, I want to go see this one in person.

If they incorporate the LFA in-cabin engine sound experience (via Yamaha) I'm totally buying it.

Last edited by G Star; 12-12-11 at 11:03 PM.
Old 12-12-11, 11:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by G Star
SC. This has to be an SC....

When everybody was bishing about Lexus canceling the SC I had faith in them.

This is going to be epic, I want to go see this one in person.

If they incorporate the LFA in-cabin engine sound experience (via Yamaha) I'm totally buying it.
Quote from the LFA chief engineer Remember the new 4GS also produces a fantastic sound with an intake into the cabin. The IS F as we know has a dual intake that opens when you are WOT.

“In the past, the engine sound has always been something we were trying to suppress. We were trying to remove all sounds from the car. I was told and I told my people: Sounds are bad, sounds are bad, sounds are bad. Especially the engine sound. We used to want that as quiet as possible.

What is different with the LFA is that you hear the music of the engine, and it has a beautiful sound. People want to hear that sound.

That is one example that you will be seeing – well, hearing – in other Lexus cars in the future.”

When Tanahashi and his team developed the LFA, they worked with Yamaha. Not only with Yamaha, the engine builders. They worked with the musical instrument builders at Yamaha. They turned the LFA into a musical instrument. Not a synthesizer that plays sampled engine sound. They turned the LFA into a veritable wind instrument.
Quote:

Old 12-12-11, 11:30 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Quote from the LFA chief engineer Remember the new 4GS also produces a fantastic sound with an intake into the cabin. The IS F as we know has a dual intake that opens when you are WOT.
IDK, I like a quiet car. The 4GS for example is very quiet, according to Insideline's measurements it's pretty much the quietest car in the segment, followed by the A6, 5 series, E class and M. When I floor it, yeah I want to hear a kick *** engine sound, but at lower RPMs it should be smooth and quiet.

One thing that concerns me with these new Lexuses is the focus on sport over luxury, especially in design. I prefer a classy, tasteful, expensive looking car to a sporty looking one any day.
Old 12-12-11, 11:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
IDK, I like a quiet car. The 4GS for example is very quiet, according to Insideline's measurements it's pretty much the quietest car in the segment, followed by the A6, 5 series, E class and M. When I floor it, yeah I want to hear a kick *** engine sound, but at lower RPMs it should be smooth and quiet.

One thing that concerns me with these new Lexuses is the focus on sport over luxury, especially in design. I prefer a classy, tasteful, expensive looking car to a sporty looking one any day.
well looking at interior i think the lexus still has the most expensive look. and knowing lexus, i am sure it will still drive quiet when you want it to be.
Old 12-12-11, 11:58 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Its pretty clear that this a FT 86 Lexus version. The IS coupe/convertible is nothing to write home about and Lexus has been lowering their price point.

I predict that this is a hybrid FT86 Lexus model.

What nobody mentions is that Calty designed it.
How is it clear its an FT 86 Lexus version? By what means? 86/FR-S/BRZ cannot fit a 21" wheel in its wheel well FYI.
Old 12-13-11, 01:43 AM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Im also hoping it would be a true four door coupe, low, sleek and sexy. A regular version, an F and a dedicated hybrid.

I think it could be a very hot item if priced and marketed properly but Lexus needs that SC...

can't decide...the suspense is killing me and its only been a few hours since I saw it
Old 12-13-11, 05:34 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other star attraction in the upcoming Lexus lineup will be the next generation SC 600h, which is due to be unveiled in mid-2014. While the current SC is scheduled to go out of production in July of this year, the new SC coupe will resurface powered by a 5.0-liter V-8 hybrid system that drives the rear wheels. Set to lock horns with the Mercedes SL, the new luxury two-door is also expected to employ the GS's rear-wheel torque split unit.

http://www.motortrend.com/future/fut...rid_plans.html

Like the outgoing SC, we hear the LC is also being developed as a convertible with a retractable metal roof. Expected to outperform its European competitors, the LC 600h will reportedly generate some 500 horsepower and sprint from 0 to 60 mph less than five seconds. According to a Lexus insider, the company sees the new LC as the car that most captures the essence of what Lexus is all about — performance, luxury, and the environment — more than any Lexus model to date. It’s an upscale configuration that should elevate the car to a status rivaling the Mercedes SL-Class. That’s something the SC, with its unloved style and powertrain, was never able to accomplish.

http://wot.motortrend.com/lexus-work...ment-9697.html
Old 12-13-11, 05:35 AM
Lexuslvr91
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by flipside909
How is it clear its an FT 86 Lexus version? By what means? 86/FR-S/BRZ cannot fit a 21" wheel in its wheel well FYI.
Correct. The GS concept was shown with 20in rims so why would Lexus show off the much smaller IS concept with 21 in rims?
Old 12-13-11, 05:39 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Tire Talk

Lexus will unveil a new concept vehicle at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on January 9, 2012, joining Honda who this morning confirmed its NSX Concept will premiere at the same event.

Honda say the NSX Concept represents the styling direction for the next generation of Acura’s super sports car, which is Honda’s premium brand name in the US.

Whilst we have some idea what to expect from Honda’s NSX, this represents a completely new direction by Lexus following the brand’s 1st foray into the sports car segment with the £330,000 LFA.

Judging by the teaser picture, which shows the car wearing 265/35 R21 front tyres, the new Lexus is likely to be a high-performance sports car in a similar vein to the NSX.

Designed by Calty, the company’s design studio in Newport Beach, California, the concept is said to showcase the new design direction embraced by Lexus, as begun with the latest GS executive saloon.

Recent rumours that Toyota was considering resurrecting the Supra, could well tie in with this Lexus Concept, since it would make far more sense launching such a sports car under the premium Lexus brand, thereby reinforcing its connection with the LFA.

More information will follow next week, so let’s hear your guesses on what this new Lexus is likely to be.
Old 12-13-11, 06:24 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Verrry excited for this one. I just hope it doesn't end up being the CT "hatcback coupe" we heard some people mentioning a while ago. That would be a bit of a letdown!
Old 12-13-11, 08:25 AM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by G Star
Im also hoping it would be a true four door coupe, low, sleek and sexy. A regular version, an F and a dedicated hybrid.

I think it could be a very hot item if priced and marketed properly but Lexus needs that SC...

can't decide...the suspense is killing me and its only been a few hours since I saw it
There is no such thing as a 4 door coupe. God make it stop!!!!!
Old 12-13-11, 08:26 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The original SC was designed by Calty and was the chassis basis of the last gen Supra. The connections are there so, Lexus, please let this be the new SC. Very anticipated.........

Also don't know about the rumors and i would be surprised if Lexus went this route, but I wouldn't mind if the SC went on to counter the SL with a convertible top and they developed an LC to counter the CL. I would so be interested in the LC then.

Last edited by T0ked; 12-13-11 at 08:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LC News