Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus LC News

Old 02-22-17, 08:59 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

while not electronically made, as JDR76 quoted, there's mechanical parts to direct more sound to the cabin:

it just sounded way too loud inside, more corvette like than s550.
that's still very different from the cheesy stuff they put in the rcf and gsf imho (completely artificial)

and i have mentioned many times, the s550 isn't really a comparison to this car, i can't really imagine a shopping looking at both. this is more like a gt car, a lot sportier and a lot more feedback from the road / exhaust. the s550 is fully isolated.

comparing this to the650, this thing is louder but not a whole lot more. and the LC is easily sportier than the 6 series as well
Old 02-24-17, 01:20 AM
natnut
Pole Position

Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Can you imagine what a value proposition the next generation GS and IS would be?

Built on a platform that is stiffer than the LFA, with all the low CG and low polar inertia baked into the chassis?

Imagine a larger more functional IS/GS but with even more improved handling and driving fun and with that 415hp TT 3.5L V6. Note that the current GS/IS has class leading/near class leading handling.

I predict the GS/IS to be the pick of the Lexus lineup in the next few years.
Old 02-24-17, 07:02 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by natnut
Can you imagine what a value proposition the next generation GS and IS would be?

Built on a platform that is stiffer than the LFA, with all the low CG and low polar inertia baked into the chassis?

Imagine a larger more functional IS/GS but with even more improved handling and driving fun and with that 415hp TT 3.5L V6. Note that the current GS/IS has class leading/near class leading handling.

I predict the GS/IS to be the pick of the Lexus lineup in the next few years.
Most likely wont be a GS in the future. It really needs to grow in size, but then it will approach LS territory. The current GS is cramped. The IS will definitely grow in size and it will make the GS even more irrelevant so the GS has to grow in size but its being squeezed at the top by the LS. Maybe this will be sort of a short wheelbase LS if there is a next Gen
Old 02-24-17, 07:10 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
Most likely wont be a GS in the future. It really needs to grow in size, but then it will approach LS territory. The current GS is cramped. The IS will definitely grow in size and it will make the GS even more irrelevant so the GS has to grow in size but its being squeezed at the top by the LS. Maybe this will be sort of a short wheelbase LS if there is a next Gen
Completely disagree. The GS will be there for sure to be a 5 series competitor and the IS will always be a 3 series competitor. The GS can grow a bit but the IS is the perfect size as is. The GS/IS/RC are some of the best driving cars that Toyota currently produces. Pretty sure none of those are going away anytime soon.
Old 02-24-17, 07:37 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 186 Likes on 127 Posts

there are rumours(?) the next GS is toast .......
Old 02-24-17, 08:07 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Remember too now there is no SWB LS, so the GS has room to grow. Assuming there is one.
Old 02-24-17, 08:48 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I know the rumors are there will be no future GS but they really need one especially if sales for the new LS are not so good, it is still a important segment for a luxury company. If the LS is going to be priced around 90K that is going to leave a huge gap between a IS/ES and LS. I doubt the IS will grow much and it can't take over the price/size of a larger car especially when Lexus has no sedan smaller then the IS, the IS really just needs a roomier rear seating area which is too cramped, it is actually a pretty decent size already but it is a 3 series sized/priced competitor and I don't see that changing.

They need to fix why the GS is not selling, it is too expensive especially compared to a roomier ES with a 6 cylinder standard that is almost just as nice, there is no affordable V8, current V6 is not particularly impressive, 4 cyl is disappointing and pointless, the hybrid does not sell.

A new GS can grow in size without inching into LS territory as long as long as the GS has a unique interior, is sportier in styling and performance, base version has less power then the LS, it is priced much lower, the LS is going to be long wheel base only so the GS has room to grow.
Old 02-24-17, 09:18 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
I know the rumors are there will be no future GS but they really need one especially if sales for the new LS are not so good, it is still a important segment for a luxury company. If the LS is going to be priced around 90K that is going to leave a huge gap between a IS/ES and LS. I doubt the IS will grow much and it can't take over the price/size of a larger car especially when Lexus has no sedan smaller then the IS, the IS really just needs a roomier rear seating area which is too cramped, it is actually a pretty decent size already but it is a 3 series sized/priced competitor and I don't see that changing.

They need to fix why the GS is not selling, it is too expensive especially compared to a roomier ES with a 6 cylinder standard that is almost just as nice, there is no affordable V8, current V6 is not particularly impressive, 4 cyl is disappointing and pointless, the hybrid does not sell.

A new GS can grow in size without inching into LS territory as long as long as the GS has a unique interior, is sportier in styling and performance, base version has less power then the LS, it is priced much lower, the LS is going to be long wheel base only so the GS has room to grow.
LS500 will sell fine at 90K. The ES will grow on size and price. GS will will be a bit larger and it will be based off the new Rwd platform as that of the LS and LC.
Old 02-24-17, 10:01 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that's still very different from the cheesy stuff they put in the rcf and gsf imho (completely artificial)
NX has it too and it's pretty lame. I turn it all the way down
I can't compare it if it's any different than the GS F and RC F though.
I"m sure lexus is not going to weak 4 cylinder to sound like a v8 F engine

I love the sound generator on the intake tube for the regular GS though
Old 02-24-17, 10:04 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
LS500 will sell fine at 90K. The ES will grow on size and price. GS will will be a bit larger and it will be based off the new Rwd platform as that of the LS and LC.

I was going to reply to your post for the LC being that it will sell fine in the LS thread.
I'm very happy to hear that
Old 02-27-17, 06:53 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Remember too now there is no SWB LS, so the GS has room to grow. Assuming there is one.
Yes there is room to grow, but Lexus just can't seem to get the GS formula right.
Old 02-27-17, 10:59 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

LC F to debut in Tokyo this fall.
Currently, the 471-hp Lexus LC500 is the brand’s high-performance flagship. But we’ve learned that Lexus is planning more. Set to make its debut at the Tokyo auto show in October is an ultra-high-performance LC F that will feature a new twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 punching out a potent 600 horsepower.

According to our source at Lexus, this high-performance powerplant is in essence two 8AR-type 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engines joined together at 90 degrees. The twin-turbo 4.0-liter V-8 also will find its way into the GS F—making 550 horsepower—but for the LC F it will be turned up to 600 horsepower, with 470 lb-ft of torque. As with the LC500, the F will use the company’s 10-speed automatic transmission.
The bold is mine, to emphasize my favorite part of this article...

http://blog.caranddriver.com/scoop-6...ing-this-fall/
Old 02-27-17, 11:08 AM
LOWFAST
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, now that is some news. Is this confirmed or just speculation. This is the first I have heard of the Lexus 4.0TT. Go throw this news in the LS thread as it has been 50 pages of whining that there is not TT V8 available and how "far behind the Germans" Lexus always rolls, looks like Lexus has the remedy.
Old 02-27-17, 11:16 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

4.0TT
Old 02-27-17, 12:41 PM
Bogglo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Lexus just gave the GS some room to grow in size by making the new LS a LWB only model

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus LC News