Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2017 Lincoln MKZ revealed - all-new 400hp/400tq V6 TT w/AWD

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-15, 11:21 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Default 2017 Lincoln MKZ revealed - all-new 400hp/400tq V6 TT w/AWD

Awesome! What a great facelift.

Quiet Luxury: Intuitive Technology, Effortless Performance and Distinctive Design Drive 2017 Lincoln MKZ

-Suite of cutting-edge intuitive technologies including available adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go, auto hold, Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection and enhanced park assist help ease the new Lincoln MKZ driving experience
-Effortless performance enabled by available new Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine, which creates a quiet, powerful ride, or popular hybrid option
-Distinctively redesigned from the inside out, including three new Lincoln Black Label themes available, plus two available Revel® audio systems delivering the height of Lincoln luxury

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 18, 2015 – Discover your new favorite space. The new Lincoln MKZ combines intuitive technology, effortless performance and distinctive design to deliver an enhanced driving experience Lincoln calls quiet luxury.

Lincoln reveals a newly designed MKZ today, focusing on areas most desired by today's luxury midsize sedan customer – quality, performance and style.

"Our customers are looking for three attributes in a luxury midsize sedan – technologies that ease their everyday experience, a beautiful design that is crafted with attention to detail, and a vehicle with impressive power that makes it a pleasure to drive," said Kumar Galhotra, president of Lincoln. "The new Lincoln MKZ elevates all of these attributes – and many more – to create a compelling entry in this large and highly competitive portion of the luxury market."

The new Lincoln MKZ is designed to appeal to those who are looking for something different in the luxury market. From the placement of technology features such as the push-button gear shift to reimagined interior spaces including the floating center console, drivers can relish in discovering an unexpected experience based on intelligent function and beautiful form that offers, above all, an enjoyable drive.

The Lincoln Experience is brought to life through the available Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine, as well as intangible elements like the quiet cabin provided by the Active Noise Control system.

Features that make the new Lincoln MKZ a haven of refined comfort include curated spaces for storage, the availability of three Lincoln Black Label interior packages with exclusive, personal in-home design consultation, available fully retractable panoramic glass roof, and concert-quality Revel® audio with specially designed doors for optimal positioning of the speakers.

Intuitive technology
The new Lincoln MKZ is designed to make the drive ride easier and more enjoyable. Available adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go functionality automatically can slow the car, resuming higher speeds when traffic clears. The system activates the brakes automatically to bring the car to a complete stop if the driver fails to apply brakes in time1.

An auto hold feature keeps the car at a complete stop without the driver having to press and hold the brake pedal – making stop-and-go driving more relaxing for MKZ owners.

Available enhanced park assist uses ultrasonic sensors to help Lincoln MKZ seamlessly steer itself into a parallel or perpendicular parking spot. The car can assist with park-out as needed1.

Pre-Collision Assist with Pedestrian Detection is an available technology that can help avoid some frontal crashes (1), or lessen the severity of such events.

Lincoln-exclusive engine provides effortless performance
An all-new, Lincoln-exclusive 3.0-liter GTDI V6 leads available engine choices for the new Lincoln MKZ. When paired with an intelligent all-wheel-drive system, the twin-turbocharged engine produces 400 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque (2,3 )for effortless performance and refinement.

Dynamic Torque Vectoring (4), part of an available Driver's Package for MKZ with the 3.0-liter engine, enhances cornering agility without compromising ride comfort, helping drivers enjoy a smooth, seamless experience.

The new Lincoln MKZ provides a hybrid alternative as well; and a 2.0-liter GTDI, 245-horsepower2 four-cylinder engine with front-wheel drive.

Available Lincoln Drive Control allows drivers to adjust among three drive ride modes – comfort, normal and sport. The system includes continuously controlled damping, and electric power-assisted steering to provide comfortable, confident handling.

The Driver's Package for Lincoln MKZ with 3.0-liter V6 also includes 19-inch wheels, Ebony-painted calipers, light Magnetic-painted grille, Ebony interior with carbon fiber appliqués, customizable multi-contour seats and aluminum pedal covers. In addition, the package features retuned continuously controlled damping and suspension for enhanced driving dynamics.

Distinctive design
The new face of Lincoln is highlighted by available adaptive LED headlamps that help deliver cleaner, clearer lighting for drivers, complemented by the all-new one-piece Lincoln signature grille.

Inside, engineers paid particular attention to the sound and feel of new switches and dials that replace slider adjustments for easier control of ventilation and audio functions for new Lincoln MKZ customers. Commonly used buttons and USB ports are now even easier to access.

Two all-new Lincoln Black Label themes, Chalet and Vineyard, as well as Thoroughbred, deliver desired uniqueness and options paired with luxurious materials. Lincoln MKZ's available fully retractable panoramic glass roof offers the largest open-air roof among sedans.5

The new Lincoln MKZ goes on sale in summer 2016.

1. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's judgment. 2. Tested with 93-octane fuel. 3. 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine in front-wheel drive models is limited to 350 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque. 4. Requires 3.0-liter GTDI V6 engine and AWD. 5. Based on effective roof opening as measured by Webasto.

About The Lincoln Motor Company
The Lincoln Motor Company is the luxury automotive brand of Ford Motor Company, committed to creating compelling vehicles with an exceptional ownership experience to match. For more information about The Lincoln Motor Company, please visit www.media.lincoln.com or www.lincoln.com. Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/lincoln.

Old 11-18-15, 11:31 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking package! Step by step, Lincolns are improving. If this trend continues the next generation of cars should be very competitive!
Old 11-18-15, 11:35 AM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Nice looking vehicle.
I see Audi-influenced exterior design, particularly on the front end.
Old 11-18-15, 11:39 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by doge
Great looking package! Step by step, Lincolns are improving. If this trend continues the next generation of cars should be very competitive!
The new Lincoln's are competitive. I just don't think the styling of the MKC of MKX are up to snuff. But this vehicle looks good and had excellent specs, how much more HP than the ES does this thing have?
Old 11-18-15, 11:56 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Nice looking vehicle.
I see Audi-influenced exterior design, particularly on the front end.
i see a jaguar
Old 11-18-15, 12:04 PM
CRowe14
Lexus Test Driver

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

i see a jaguar
Interesting...what model?
Once I read that, I scrolled up to take a second viewing.
While looking at the car in the photo from the angled, aerial view, I saw a bit of Chrysler 200.
Old 11-18-15, 12:08 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

i see a jaguar

...Jaguar grill and Audi headlights...

So Ford Motor Company is appropriating more stuff from premium brands it used to own:
  1. It uses the Aston Martin grill for Ford cars.
  2. It is now using the Jaguar grill for Lincoln cars.
Old 11-18-15, 12:28 PM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Originally Posted by CRowe14
Interesting...what model?
Once I read that, I scrolled up to take a second viewing.
While looking at the car in the photo from the angled, aerial view, I saw a bit of Chrysler 200.
the xj

Old 11-18-15, 12:55 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Front looks like Chrysler 200...
Old 11-18-15, 01:34 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exterior was never a problem with this car, yeah this one looks even better but that center stack inside is cringingly non premium and they did nothing about it. Cant wait for the day when they ran out of that bin depository.
Old 11-18-15, 01:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I agree with the Jaguaresque comments...but still, a MUCH better-looking front end than the current MKZ.

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Front looks like Chrysler 200...
I did reviews on both the last 200 and MKZ, and I thought that the V6 version of the 200 actually drove better than the MKZ. The MKZ really wasn't that impressive at all......in some ways, its own less-expensive brother, the Ford Fusion (which is done on the same platform) also has it beat.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-18-15 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-18-15, 02:05 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

those door speakers look funky.

too bad it's a transaxle; 400hp is nice, but it should be in a RWD car, not a WWD car.

if Lincoln wants to compete with the likes of MBZ, BMW, Lexus, Infinity, etc. they need to stop with the sideways mounted motors and get back to RWD cars in my opinion.

There is a large segment of lux car enthusiasts/buyers that will not buy transaxles, it is one of the reasons why Acura also doesn't rate in the high end lux comparisons
Old 11-18-15, 04:10 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds
those door speakers look funky.

too bad it's a transaxle; 400hp is nice, but it should be in a RWD car, not a WWD car.

if Lincoln wants to compete with the likes of MBZ, BMW, Lexus, Infinity, etc. they need to stop with the sideways mounted motors and get back to RWD cars in my opinion.

There is a large segment of lux car enthusiasts/buyers that will not buy transaxles, it is one of the reasons why Acura also doesn't rate in the high end lux comparisons
Correct me if I'm wrong but the best selling Lexus sedan in the USA is a transaxle is it not?
Old 11-18-15, 04:37 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

old one was kinda more unique.

This facelift is sorta bland
Old 11-18-15, 04:39 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Correct me if I'm wrong but the best selling Lexus sedan in the USA is a transaxle is it not?
No, you are not wrong. The ES350 does, in fact, have a FWD transaxle. So does the Acura TLX. So does the MKZ. So do FWD Audi sedans. So does both the Volvo S60 and S80. So does the Hyundai Azera. So does the Buick LaCrosse. This idea, often pushed, that upmarket and luxury sedans have to have RWD (or, if AWD, RWD-based platforms) is nonsense.

Quick Reply: 2017 Lincoln MKZ revealed - all-new 400hp/400tq V6 TT w/AWD