Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

October 2015 sales

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-15, 04:50 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Volvo

Volvo Cars posted a 12.6 per cent increase in retail sales for the month of October, selling 45,801 cars globally. Sales of the new Volvo XC90 in the US market were a major growth driver for the month, while Europe reported continued sales increases as well.

The United States reported 7,422 retail sales, making it Volvo Cars’ biggest market in October. Sales were boosted by strong demand for the new Volvo XC90 which also was the best-selling Volvo model in the US for the month. Year-to-date sales in the US market are now up 12.5 per cent.

Retail sales in Europe as a whole were up by 5.2 per cent to a total of 24,468 cars. Sweden was the growth driver in Europe with a 9 per cent sales increase and a close to 22 per cent share of the Swedish market. Germany reported positive developments as well, being the 2nd biggest market for the new Volvo XC90 in October.

Sales in China amounted to 7,066 cars in October, up 2.0 per cent versus the same month last year. The locally produced Volvo XC60 and S60L models are the best-selling Volvo models on the market.

The Volvo XC60 was the best-selling model in October with 12,645 sold cars (2014: 11,895), followed by the Volvo V40 and V40 Cross Country for which deliveries reached a total of 8,407 cars (2014: 9,981). The new Volvo XC90 was the third best-selling carline at 6,430 cars. Sales figures by model can be found in the Sales Volumes section of the Global Newsroom.

Old 11-04-15, 04:55 AM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Lightbulb Hyundai

Hyundai Motor America posted its best October ever, with sales of 60,005, up 20 percent compared with October 2014. Tucson, Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport, our CUV/SUV segment, continued at a brisk rate setting records for the month of October.

“The strong demand for crossovers continued during this month with the all-new Tucson more than doubling its sales compared to last October,” said Derrick Hatami, vice president of national sales for Hyundai Motor America. “With our Tucson, Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport models, Hyundai provides a very competitive CUV line up that meets the needs of most consumers.”

Tucson sales were 7,298 units, an increase of 103 percent over October 2014.

Veloster sales were up 30 percent for the month, followed by Santa Fe and Santa Fe Sport, up 25 percent for the month. Elantra had its best October ever, up 24 percent.
Old 11-04-15, 05:47 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
BTW, first time Subaru has outsold Kia? Have they crossed streams or?
well kia is also joined to hyunda which sold an additional 60k cars, so not really comparable, but subaru is doing REALLY REALLY well.
i think they have a great thing going... probably bought by older buyers (particularly in colder climates) as a sensible choice, and by younger buyers as an outdoorsy go anywhere choice.
Old 11-04-15, 01:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Yep, new models holding the fort for Lexus, though the competition has new models as well.

The GX though is also contributing handsomely, interesting how it's often ignored. I'm really interested to see how the new LX does, when does it go on sale?
it's on sale already. dealerships already have it in the lot. selling good, a lot of them taken, leaving the remaining 15 sitting in the lot
Old 11-04-15, 04:15 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
i think you should list mb as 29020 (without sprinter, smart) as bmw breaks out their numbers. when mb says 'passenger cars' they also mean suvs or 'light trucks' as everyone else calls them

either way, they're neck and neck down the stretch

if it wasn't for the rc buffing up the lexus sedan number a bit, the results are pretty terrible.

and suvs aren't in as bad a situation, but the nx sure is helping.
I dont know why I have to do this every month

But SUVs are hot and thats how it is everywhere... MB sedan sales have heavy drops too, and so do BMW's with overall drop of 16.6%.

They all have new and updated models too. Not to mention that they sell more models than Lexus as well.

Only in next 2-3 years will Lexus catch up with number of models sold, hopefully, with another large coupe, small sedan and small SUV. TX might come but they wont have both GX and TX, I dont think.
Old 11-04-15, 04:18 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Mazda is doing good with 35% increase, but overall numbers are still only 25k per month... they need to go Subaru and raise their sales to 50k per month, where Subaru is hovering these days, another brand doing awesome.

Rest of the pack is pretty similar in increases, except for BMW and MB which cant increase due to really huge months last year, they have reached their peak with this model lineup.
Old 11-04-15, 07:50 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
it's on sale already. dealerships already have it in the lot. selling good, a lot of them taken, leaving the remaining 15 sitting in the lot
So next month's sales report then?

Should be fun to see.
Old 11-04-15, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Should be fun to see.
it will be mix of 15 and 16. and i am not sure how accurate coz' i don't know if supply will be limited in the beginning
Old 11-04-15, 09:09 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Should be fun to see.
i doubt they will swarm the market with them though, so it wont be that much realistically.

If Lexus was serious about winning sales race in the USA for 2015, they would have dumped gazillion RX's from Japanese factory and delay launch in the rest of the world by 1 month... nobody would really notice except that they would have 10k extra units on the lots by the end of the year... instead they launched it same day worldwide, with closer markets getting cars sooner than the USA.
Old 11-04-15, 10:25 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
i doubt they will swarm the market with them though, so it wont be that much realistically.

If Lexus was serious about winning sales race in the USA for 2015, they would have dumped gazillion RX's from Japanese factory and delay launch in the rest of the world by 1 month... nobody would really notice except that they would have 10k extra units on the lots by the end of the year... instead they launched it same day worldwide, with closer markets getting cars sooner than the USA.
Do you know if they have a sales or unit allocation projection for the new LX in the US?
Old 11-05-15, 06:03 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Do you know if they have a sales or unit allocation projection for the new LX in the US?
nobody asked and wrote it down for us... I am sure it cant be more than double of current sales, so 500 units per month, max? Japanese ones were projected 50 per month and they sold several thousands in first month on sale (waiting for production 6-7 months). So they wont have some crazy supply of them, I am sure middle-east where they sell the best gulped the biggest amount of units.

So net, in 2 months, dont expect more than 300-400 additional unit contribution to the sales, even that might be too much.
Old 11-05-15, 07:25 PM
Guy Legend
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infiniti is quietly doing very well. While every auto journalist whines about Q anything, Infiniti posted their 2nd best October in US history, best ever worldwide. They're in solid position considering next year is a big year model wise for them.
Old 11-05-15, 09:35 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,494 Likes on 1,639 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy Legend
Infiniti is quietly doing very well. While every auto journalist whines about Q anything, Infiniti posted their 2nd best October in US history, best ever worldwide. They're in solid position considering next year is a big year model wise for them.
you're right, i hadn't noticed that. over 3800 Q50's last month, wow.

Old 11-06-15, 08:26 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

That's how much it should've been selling all along. I really think those infotainment bugs killed its start. I'm really looking forward to the imminent refresh.
Old 11-07-15, 07:05 AM
gyrase321
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Infiniti's QX80 is doing quite well. Also getting good reviews. Why doesn't the LX sell as much as these? Is it the price difference?

Quick Reply: October 2015 sales