Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Driver Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' (UPDATE: 15 yrs prison time)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-15, 09:03 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It doesn't matter if the rider cross the double line, there is no reason to try to kill someone because you're pissed. He could of bite his tongue and let the heat cool off instead of being an animal.
Old 10-20-15, 09:04 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by NYKnick101
It is actually NOT illegal to cross a double yellow line. It varies state by state. Most states abide by you can cross a double yellow line to only turn into a drive way or a U turn. Many states like NY (upstate NY, NOT NYC) you can cross a double yellow line to pass a vehicle that is yielding or incapacitated vehicle which IF a vehicle was driving 20 below a 45mph speed limit, motorcycle or car, I would definitely pass that car and its safe to assume it is broken down
You're arguing semantics here. It is NEVER legal to pass another vehicle that is underway across a double yellow line. If the vehicle were stopped and incapacitated that would be one thing, but underway at a speed below which you find acceptable is not a reason.
Old 10-20-15, 11:13 PM
5gears-IS
Great Deal Guru

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default .......................

Originally Posted by chikoo
Just because you are a biker does not qualify you to be able to judge why this accident happened. Not enough data to reach conclusion, unless you are cooking up some in your head.
Data?? Have you not watched the video of the actual accident?? I am sorry but the timing was way to perfect to think or say anything different than what is clearly seen.

The car driver even said "I don't care" when confronted about what he just did......
I stand behind what I wrote and for me stating that I am a biker.....maybe its because I have seen my share of road rage.

Proof is in the pudding my friend.......
Old 10-21-15, 05:21 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 5gears-IS
Data?? Have you not watched the video of the actual accident?? I am sorry but the timing was way to perfect to think or say anything different than what is clearly seen.

The car driver even said "I don't care" when confronted about what he just did......
I stand behind what I wrote and for me stating that I am a biker.....maybe its because I have seen my share of road rage.

Proof is in the pudding my friend.......
Just because he doesn't care doesn't mean he intentionally hit the biker. Two different emotions.
Old 10-21-15, 07:40 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Just because he doesn't care doesn't mean he intentionally hit the biker. Two different emotions.
The jury's emotions will surely be a factor.

Because the jury know what physically happened to the car and biker.

But the jury has to "emotionally" decide what the driver was thinking when it happened (which is the whole point of this discussion). And if there is an inkling of intent, the driver will be proven guilty.
Old 10-21-15, 08:26 AM
Joe166
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr Crum?
Old 10-21-15, 09:22 AM
GS3Tek

Received 162 Likes on 123 Posts

One thing I learn about speeders, bikes or cars.

THEY are the one not slowing down traffic, so let them go.
Nothing can be accomplished by blocking them in, only pissing them off even more.

If they run into a pole or crash, then that's on them.

I always let bikers go by, even scooch over a little to let them pass and they give me the peace sign...win win folks.
Old 10-21-15, 09:28 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
I always let bikers go by, even scooch over a little to let them pass and they give me the peace sign...win win folks.
I recently started a longer commute and noticed they do that if you move over
Old 10-21-15, 09:30 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I recently started a longer commute and noticed they do that if you move over
I do.

Old 10-21-15, 09:45 AM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 114 Posts

this case will be interesting to see how it unfolds in the legal system,i hope we are kept up to date on this.
Old 10-21-15, 11:46 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe166
Mr Crum?
Think logically. If Mr.crum is in a really bad mood, for a number of reasons, and he got into this accident , the chance that he will be showing any compassion might be slim to none. Should he show compassion? Yes. But reality is that his existing emotions are clouding over his mind and prevent him for expressing compassion that we so expect to show up.
Old 10-21-15, 12:21 PM
nipponbird
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Think logically. If Mr.crum is in a really bad mood, for a number of reasons, and he got into this accident , the chance that he will be showing any compassion might be slim to none. Should he show compassion? Yes. But reality is that his existing emotions are clouding over his mind and prevent him for expressing compassion that we so expect to show up.
Having been a keen biker in my day, I know the type: In day to day life he is a Mr Nobody, but boy let him get behind the wheel than he is a Tiger tank driver and mostly he sees bikers as hooligans who must get out of his way.
In the meantime you're just a guy who wants to soak in some sun and listen to the sweet music of your Ducati's engine. Stop next to him at the next crossing to ask him to respect other road users and he speeds off as fast as possible, cause he's usually a coward too boot.
Sorry, no sympathy with anybody who has no respect for fellow road users.
Old 10-21-15, 12:37 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does that mean, he will smack someone in the face for walking pass him because he's in the bad mood? NO. He's an insecured ******* who think he can do everything behind the wheel including harming people operating 2 wheel. Those kind of people need more than getting their license suspended. They need to be put behind the bar indefinitely. I doubt he would do the same thing if it was a car overtake him, not a bike.
Old 10-21-15, 06:03 PM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

LOL what a moron this Crum guy is. He just booked his retirement to a 4X6 cell for the rest of his life.
Old 10-21-15, 07:05 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cino
Does that mean, he will smack someone in the face for walking pass him because he's in the bad mood? NO..
No. but he might be in "insane mood" swinging his arms around walking up the sidewalk, and if you happen to sneak up to him in his blindspot, he will end up slapping you, and his response would be "Get out of my way / I don't care", and not the what we expect "I am so sorry".

It is his existing mental state that clouds his response.

Quick Reply: Driver Who Swerved And Hit A Motorcycle: 'I Don't Care' (UPDATE: 15 yrs prison time)