Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

GALLERY Lexus Eye Candy at the OC Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-15, 05:58 PM
Manuel3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GALLERY Lexus Eye Candy at the OC Auto Show

We got to check out Lexus's eye candy at the OC Auto Show, going on until Sunday, October 18.

Read the rest on the ClubLexus homepage. >>
Old 10-16-15, 07:27 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Tiny exhaust
Old 10-16-15, 07:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm surprised that the L.A./SoCal region would have another major auto show this close to the big L.A. show coming up next month.
Old 10-17-15, 10:46 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I'm surprised that the L.A./SoCal region would have another major auto show this close to the big L.A. show coming up next month.
1upmanship! LA did it to Detroit, then OC did it to LA!
Old 10-17-15, 10:50 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
Tiny exhaust
Goofyest exhaust tip configuration I have ever seen!
Old 10-17-15, 11:58 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
1upmanship! LA did it to Detroit, then OC did it to LA!
Perhaps I should not have labelled OC as a major show. (I'm on the East Coast myself, and have never been to it). The OC web site seemed to promote it as a major show, but I saw some comments on another forum that said there really wasn't that much to look at, compared to the big L.A. show.
Old 10-17-15, 03:38 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

imagine if Lexus released the ISF in 2008 with only 300 HP to compete with the M3 and said , " Hey its balance ". I am still in awe every time I see the stats on this car but more so that this is supposed to run in the same class as an M5 and the new 640 HP CTSV ( $1400 cheaper than the GSF !!!! ). Sadly for Lexus the other companies can balance it all at 125-180 more HP and with torque delivery on the damn floor. I really like the GSF and I respect what they have done but this is the least " F " of all the F cars. Its like a high performance version of their mid size sedan designed to run with the worlds best standard version vehicles ( all non AMG, M, RS etc model). I am confused and saddened by this new addition to the F family. I am keeping my ISF until the kids cant physically fit. This is yet another Lexus that enthusiasts will have to again stand behind and repeat, " Hey its reliable"....." oh it will run forever". After the LFA Lexus showed us and the world that it can all the way. SO WTF is holding them back ? They created the F brand, but continue to build models that fall in line behind the competition. The ISF, as much as I love it, was only perfected after about 70% of the cars were sold (2011-2012 and up with the new suspension , LSD(2010), and steering ECU upgrades , wider wheels, etc) . They should have had all of that done at release. I just don't understand the lack of focus. Why do they repeatedly only go 7-8/10ths on the performance when we know they could go past the competition, charge what they charge, and make it very reliable. The market is there for them to take it but they remain so timid. Even when showing aggression its still restricted. It's very frustrating.......especially as a HUGE Lexus fanboy.

Lexus should be thankful that Top Gear is dead. Clarkson would have destroyed it.
Old 10-17-15, 07:06 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
imagine if Lexus released the ISF in 2008 with only 300 HP to compete with the M3 and said , " Hey its balance ". I am still in awe every time I see the stats on this car but more so that this is supposed to run in the same class as an M5 and the new 640 HP CTSV ( $1400 cheaper than the GSF !!!! ). Sadly for Lexus the other companies can balance it all at 125-180 more HP and with torque delivery on the damn floor. I really like the GSF and I respect what they have done but this is the least " F " of all the F cars. Its like a high performance version of their mid size sedan designed to run with the worlds best standard version vehicles ( all non AMG, M, RS etc model). I am confused and saddened by this new addition to the F family. I am keeping my ISF until the kids cant physically fit. This is yet another Lexus that enthusiasts will have to again stand behind and repeat, " Hey its reliable"....." oh it will run forever". After the LFA Lexus showed us and the world that it can all the way. SO WTF is holding them back ? They created the F brand, but continue to build models that fall in line behind the competition. The ISF, as much as I love it, was only perfected after about 70% of the cars were sold (2011-2012 and up with the new suspension , LSD(2010), and steering ECU upgrades , wider wheels, etc) . They should have had all of that done at release. I just don't understand the lack of focus. Why do they repeatedly only go 7-8/10ths on the performance when we know they could go past the competition, charge what they charge, and make it very reliable. The market is there for them to take it but they remain so timid. Even when showing aggression its still restricted. It's very frustrating.......especially as a HUGE Lexus fanboy.

Lexus should be thankful that Top Gear is dead. Clarkson would have destroyed it.
I can shed some light on this. It's the Japanese mentality. Look at martial arts be it Judo, Karate & you'll get it. SAME in the competition ring. They HAVE the power but refrain from using it. They know HOW to execute it but don't really want to show off. Even with the LFA IMHO they held back & the world still "accepted" this first try from Lexus and bought them as a token gesture of grudging respect. They can do it. Will they put the entire package together? as a tour de force?
Old 10-17-15, 07:20 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I see what you are saying , but they will NEVER win in any competition with the Germans with that mentality .
Old 10-18-15, 03:11 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Perhaps I should not have labelled OC as a major show. (I'm on the East Coast myself, and have never been to it). The OC web site seemed to promote it as a major show, but I saw some comments on another forum that said there really wasn't that much to look at, compared to the big L.A. show.
Definitely not a major show, more of a regional/dealer association type of show. Debuts etc don't happen there.