Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-15, 01:13 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My fav luxury S550: high techs and fine details
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00888_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00889_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00890_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00898_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00900_resize.jpg  

Old 10-11-15, 01:15 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Benz GTS.....
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00906_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00910_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00914_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00927_resize.jpg  
Old 10-11-15, 01:17 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Sporty Panamera
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00930_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00932_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00935_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00942_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00937_resize.jpg  

Old 10-11-15, 01:19 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Macan Turbo & 911 Carrera GTS
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00948_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00950_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00952_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00970_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00973_resize.jpg  

Old 10-11-15, 01:20 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Bond machines
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00992_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00993_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01018_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01013_resize.jpg  
Old 10-11-15, 01:22 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Aston Martin
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc00997_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01001_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01005_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01011_resize.jpg  
Old 10-11-15, 01:29 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SW15LS
As you would expect it to be. It's an RX, not an LX. Your GS is the same way.

And that's not an M5, that's an X5 M.
I noticed my GS the same way! Even the black seat and the black arm rest are different shade.

The BMW i8 look really cool!
Attached Thumbnails Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01052_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01059_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01061_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-dsc01081_resize.jpg   Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts-seattle-auto-show-272_resize.jpg  

Old 10-11-15, 01:44 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by onexcite
Only the seat surface is leather, the dash, arm rest, door handle all are faux leather.

I understand people steal things but none of other makers removed anything like that, Hyundai, Acura, Benz they leave the map memory card in the unit so people can play all the features while Lexus and Toyota navigation screen only display checking map data.... What a shame on Lexus! Also they have brochures but if you want one you'll have to ask and put your name and email down for it. Even Jaguar, Maserati have all ***** intact.
Umm...most automakers only have leather seating surfaces while the rest is either vinyl or molded rubber stuff. Lexus is one of the few "mainstream" luxury automakers that have a padded dash with stitching. To have a full leather interior in most luxury cars, you'll be shelling out a lot of money for the optional package (which is sorta useless because how often are you actually touching every surface of the interior). Lots of cars at the auto show are optioned with top-tiered packages to show off the cars, but most cars on dealer lots won't have things like full leather interior. I agree that some parts of Lexus interiors can be improved (I.e., interior door handles and the silver painted plastic trim), but I wouldn't say it's worse than other luxury cars in its price range.

I've seen many cars that you mentioned have "removable" items removed at the LA auto show. Some years most of the cars have everything (I.e., *****) in the interior, and some years most of the cars don't have them. I wonder if it depends how early people attend the shows... Either people already stole them or most of the automakers decided to do this practice. It really depends on the suppliers of the cars for the show. I wonder if this is why exotic automakers like Ferrari and Lamborghini don't have a display at the LA auto show anymore, while Aston Martin, Rolls Royce, and Bentley are marked off for only certain VIPs to sit and touch. I wouldn't let this discourage me from getting a certain car though.
Old 10-11-15, 01:47 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

It's not uncommon for most brands at the auto shows to have their ***** etc. removed. I don't blame them one single bit. They'll most likely be stolen if left on. It's not uncommon for vehicles to be vandalized too. Some are even kept locked.

Unfortunate, but that's the way things are with thousands of people of all types getting in and out of them.
Old 10-11-15, 08:15 PM
LexLuthors
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow great pictures, thanks for sharing! I love the 1st Bond Car you have pictured. What kind of camera did you use for your shots?
Old 10-11-15, 10:42 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I just have to LOL that the forum is censoring kn0bs.
Old 10-11-15, 10:53 PM
blacksun
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went to the Seattle show yesterday as well. Here are a few of my thoughts:
  • They only had a 2015 GS350 on display. No 2016 GS350 or GS-F
  • The new RX interior is classy. There was a small crowd around it waiting to get in
  • People were also lined up to check out the RC-F
  • The interior of the 2016 BMW 7 series is really nice. Pictures I've seen really don't do it justice.
  • American car interiors are still a playing catch up
  • Acura TLX looks cool, but the interior is bland
Old 10-12-15, 09:37 AM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexLuthors
Wow great pictures, thanks for sharing! I love the 1st Bond Car you have pictured. What kind of camera did you use for your shots?
I'm using the Sony A6000.

Originally Posted by blacksun
I went to the Seattle show yesterday as well. Here are a few of my thoughts:
  • They only had a 2015 GS350 on display. No 2016 GS350 or GS-F
  • The new RX interior is classy. There was a small crowd around it waiting to get in
  • People were also lined up to check out the RC-F
  • The interior of the 2016 BMW 7 series is really nice. Pictures I've seen really don't do it justice.
  • American car interiors are still a playing catch up
  • Acura TLX looks cool, but the interior is bland
They brought a premium GS for display, kinda bland, not even F-sport.
The new RX interior will be the only reason people will buy their RX.
The BMW 7 series interior for sure is very nice, but not their reliability, but if I have to pick between the LS, 7 series and A8 I'll take the 7 without thinking twice.
Old 10-12-15, 10:30 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Thanks for the pictures. I tried to make it down to the show this year but couldn't pull it off. Hearing there was no '16 GS softens the blow of missing it. My sister and brother-in-law went, however, and used the show to help in their new car choice (they went with a new Murano). She said they tried to sit in the new RX, as she really liked the exterior, but the line was too long.

Originally Posted by onexcite
The new RX interior will be the only reason people will buy their RX.
We are considering the new RX. The interior plays a role, no doubt, but so does the exterior styling, the new safety features, and the updated V6. We also consider the NuLuxe to be better than leather, so we like that. Overall, we find it to be a compelling package.

I think this thread would be better in Car Chat, FWIW.
Old 10-12-15, 12:32 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for the report............and pictures.

The Aston Bond-machines display looks interesting. Aston is so small and niche in the American market that I don't remember them even having a display at the D.C. show the last few years. Neither did Suzuki or Mitsubishi.....and, of course, Suzuki is now officially gone.

I see Porsche had a display there...they have also neglected some other big shows the last few years.

Did Fiat have the new 124 Spyder at that show? From what I understand, they are waiting for the L.A. show in November to first show it off. It is, of course, a slightly redone new 4Gen Mazda Miata with a Fiat engine.

If you are waiting for a test-drive, the new RX should actually be hitting dealerships in late November.....just in time for the Holiday shopping season.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-12-15 at 12:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Seattle International Auto Show and some thoughts