Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

September 2015 Sales

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-15, 03:31 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by ydooby
Lexus drops back after the promotion month as expected. Lexus needs to stop holding back the release of the new RX already.

September 2015 sales:
1. Mercedes - 29,020
2. BMW - 26,608
3. Lexus - 25,294

Year-to-date:
1. BMW - 249,956
2. Mercedes - 249,890
3. Lexus - 247,445
Lexus was up almost 16%, more than BMW and MB. RX is not holding back their sales, they dont expect to sell whole lot more per month, especially first 2 months, but probably are aiming to raise average transaction price.

IS/GS/RC 2.0t might have more impact this year... do we know when will GS and RC 2.0t launch?
Old 10-08-15, 11:54 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
Lexus was up almost 16%, more than BMW and MB. RX is not holding back their sales, they dont expect to sell whole lot more per month, especially first 2 months, but probably are aiming to raise average transaction price.

IS/GS/RC 2.0t might have more impact this year... do we know when will GS and RC 2.0t launch?
Only about 2500 units behind. Remember the holiday promotions are coming up. It will be interesting to see the final tally. Next year the NX will do better with production ramping up and the introduction of new 2L Turbo, I can see Lexus storming out of the sales gate next year.
Old 10-08-15, 02:52 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by situman
Only about 2500 units behind. Remember the holiday promotions are coming up. It will be interesting to see the final tally. Next year the NX will do better with production ramping up and the introduction of new 2L Turbo, I can see Lexus storming out of the sales gate next year.
it really does depend on 2.0t and new RX... traditionally, Germans are stronger in October and also in November (but less)... December is about a tie usually.

So those few k extra units from 2.0t and new RX might be what decides the winner. 2.0t will bring down starting price of RC and GS, and make IS much more desirable. And of course RX... question is just how many of these they will have by the end of the year...
Old 10-08-15, 03:23 PM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it really does depend on 2.0t and new RX... traditionally, Germans are stronger in October and also in November (but less)... December is about a tie usually.

So those few k extra units from 2.0t and new RX might be what decides the winner. 2.0t will bring down starting price of RC and GS, and make IS much more desirable. And of course RX... question is just how many of these they will have by the end of the year...
It also helps that the facelifted ES, which I don't think was being sold last month, is going to have a more premium look both inside and out.
Old 10-10-15, 06:54 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Lexus drops back after the promotion month as expected. Lexus needs to stop holding back the release of the new RX already.
Like the NX release in late November of last year, the new RX is due out the same time this year....just in time for the Christmas/Holiday season, when most people are buying other things instead of cars. Go Figure.

(I'm going to do a full-review, BTW, as soon as it is released in my area)
Old 10-11-15, 10:35 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

It also helps that the facelifted ES, which I don't think was being sold last month, is going to have a more premium look both inside and out.
yeah, but other players have their own new models as well.
Old 10-11-15, 10:37 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Like the NX release in late November of last year, the new RX is due out the same time this year....just in time for the Christmas/Holiday season, when most people are buying other things instead of cars. Go Figure.

(I'm going to do a full-review, BTW, as soon as it is released in my area)
December is the best selling month for anything, including cars... massive amount of sales are expected in December, last time Lexus sold almost 40k in December!
Old 10-11-15, 03:08 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

December is the best selling month for anything, including cars... massive amount of sales are expected in December, last time Lexus sold almost 40k in December!
Of course, you are in Europe, right?.........things may be a little different there than here in the U.S. If that's what they do where you are, I certainly won't doubt your word. But, from that I've seen in the U.S., usually things like computers, big-screen TVs, electronic toys, clothing, shoes, etc....are what sells in December for the holiday season, more so than vehicles. And in many parts of the U.S., the cold snowy weather in December is not conducive to car-shopping, either.

Last edited by mmarshall; 10-11-15 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-12-15, 04:38 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Of course, you are in Europe, right?.........things may be a little different there than here in the U.S. If that's what they do where you are, I certainly won't doubt your word. But, from that I've seen in the U.S., usually things like computers, big-screen TVs, electronic toys, clothing, shoes, etc....are what sells in December for the holiday season, more so than vehicles. And in many parts of the U.S., the cold snowy weather in December is not conducive to car-shopping, either.
December is still a pretty big month in car sales. BMW sold over 19k 3/4-series models last December, for example. 19k.
Old 10-12-15, 08:32 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

yeah, but other players have their own new models as well.
the other players don't compete with the ES, or rather, the ES doesn't compete with theirs. that's a good thing for lexus, their own niche.