Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-15, 03:43 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
Honk Honk??
Just lets them know more so that I am trying to get past.

Originally Posted by Scott610
I just drive like a crazy and drive on the shoulder an cut them both off lol well depends how much of a rush your in
No shoulder in Japan. So can't even try that.

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
Ironically this just happened to me. A Ford F350(?)truck towing a rather large boat was going down a one lane road at 50 mph. Speed limit is 65. A double land opens up and I'm waiting for this guy to politely pull over to the slower lane. Not happening. So I gun the acclerator to pass on the right and he decides to be "road cop enforcer" and purposely swerve into the right lane. Now remember he's towing a boat. I am now on the riveted shoulder hugging the dirt shoulder. Ahole. Didn't care if I had family in there or anything. I barely make it by him. Two thoughts come to mind. Slam on my brakes coming to a full stop and let physics figure out what to do with him & his boat or keep going. See, I saw that he had a family with him as I passed. Makes you wonder about some people.

Answer to your question. Do nothing and keep going. Count to 50 and chill. You & I "probably" have a lot more to lose than that guy wearing the *** hat.
Yeah, when I finnally got past I did nothing, but the fact that the driver was doing this on purpose really gets under my skin. If they had kept going the same speed I would just put it down to them as a slow driver.

Originally Posted by RXSF
Probably nothing you can do. I am road rage too and hate inconsiderate drivers (read: slow drivers ) People always tell me that I have much more to lose with my cars than they do, and you especially if you were driving your S classes.

You can't even cut in front and hold your windshield spray to annoying them since you have magic vision control!
Very true.

Originally Posted by FCReulB
Dress up like this in Japan then the entire road is yours
LOL, those guys are idiots at the best of times.
Originally Posted by mmarshall
My advice is to forget forget about it. Life's too short...and things sometimes happen that are beyond our control. Your health and blood pressure are too important to let stuff like this get to it.

If I let everything I put up with get to me like that (even with some people on this forum LOL), I would have been dead long ago.
True. I ended up doing nothing except being pissed off to make a thread when I got home.

Originally Posted by BrettJacks
Your problem is not unique to Japan, unfortunately.

Too many of these pieces of filth here in the US that do the same thing.

I usually high beam them and lay on the horn until they get out of my way. When I'm driving a truck I tend to use a little more intimidation.
The car sits too low and the car in front was a van. But, I feel your pain.
Originally Posted by blacksc400
Just ignore it, they don't worth your time.
Iwill hav to practice more yoga!!!!
Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
They were probably just jealous of your AMG and wanted to stare at it for as long as possible
LOL.
Interestingly enough in all these years of driving I have never come across such instances.., but my teenage nephew complains about them all day everyday... Makes me wonder ...
Slow driver maybe?
Old 09-30-15, 05:53 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by doge
I wonder what the judge would do in that case to the pick up truck driver & the Camaro driver. We KNOW the Camaro driver is mostly at fault. I bet that pick up truck driver won't be doing enforcing any more.
Old 09-30-15, 09:29 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Got to do everything you can to let it go. As mmarshall and others have said, it is not worth the stress and drama. Figure there will be about 3,832 more times you will encounter a bad driver in your years to come. Are you going to get stressed out 3,832 more times or find some way to brush it off and live unscathed? Hard to do, and we all struggle with it, but it gets easier with practice.
Old 09-30-15, 11:27 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

drive alongside him and bust out a fake gun?

that should make him slam on the brakes and never do that again
Old 10-01-15, 02:59 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pman6
drive alongside him and bust out a fake gun?

that should make him slam on the brakes and never do that again
Get arrested here for doing that. They are really strict with this stuff.
Old 10-01-15, 04:53 AM
user420
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just back off and let folks like that proceed. Not worth the hassle and possible road rage incident. I also pray a lot these days......
Old 10-02-15, 09:45 AM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Got to do everything you can to let it go. As mmarshall and others have said, it is not worth the stress and drama. Figure there will be about 3,832 more times you will encounter a bad driver in your years to come. Are you going to get stressed out 3,832 more times or find some way to brush it off and live unscathed? Hard to do, and we all struggle with it, but it gets easier with practice.
Defintly disagree with this, it only encourages them to be repeat offenders. We must come up with a deterrent!
Old 10-02-15, 10:16 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
Defintly disagree with this, it only encourages them to be repeat offenders. We must come up with a deterrent!
Well there is one that I like....
Attached Thumbnails So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)-6049172434_7533a2e0bb.jpg   So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)-article-2085705-0f6b144a00000578-161_634x445.jpg  
Old 10-02-15, 11:02 AM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Honk Honk??
Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Just lets them know more so that I am trying to get past.
They are looking for you to engage. Humans are social animals. you can either engage violently or charmingly. Your call.

Interestingly enough in all these years of driving I have never come across such instances.., but my teenage nephew complains about them all day everyday... Makes me wonder ...
Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Slow driver maybe?
I think he engages all too much, egging each other on. I, on the other hand refuse to even participate, and they know better than to waste their time.
Old 10-02-15, 01:54 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

The mistake most people make is thinking they can teach a lesson to the bad driver. ***It does not work that way in real life.*** Bad drivers are rude, inconsiderate, and spaced out people who have it deep-set in their personality to always be that way. They MAY learn a lesson after crashing, getting a ticket, going to jail, or killing someone else. Beyond those things, it's a fantasy that anyone can teach another driver a lesson while on the road, as it unfolds. For further verification, consult your local high patrol or police department.
Old 10-02-15, 02:20 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I think it's the way you try to overtake that triggers the front car driver to behave like that.

If he sees someone coming up behind, swerving in and out, he goes into "teach em a lesson" mode by blocking the road.

Sometimes flashing your high beams causes the front car to want to drive even slower.
Old 10-05-15, 11:54 AM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Isn't there a middle finger equivalent in Japan?
Old 10-05-15, 03:40 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Isn't there a middle finger equivalent in Japan?
Yeah, the middle finger. Which pisses them off even more b/c most people think it is a really bad gesture. But, not all people , especially older people don't really take offence to it.
Old 10-06-15, 03:18 AM
geko29
Super Moderator

Received 211 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
They were probably just jealous of your AMG and wanted to stare at it for as long as possible
Or, put another way, how often do these folks get to see an AMG in their rearview mirror?
Old 10-06-15, 02:01 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Preset the classical music channel.

Quick Reply: So, What would you do? (this really pisses me off)