Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Finally made my decision for my new ride!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-15, 11:10 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally made my decision for my new ride!

I was debating between S550, new G11 750xi, M5, M6 GC, X5M, and X6M for a very long time.
5 months left on my 750 lease but I already shopped many dealers for a possible early switch.
Just when I decided to wait till end of the year, the dealer who sold me my last 3 BMWs called me and made me an offer I can not say no

So instead of waiting for end of my lease on a new S550, I jumped on the car today. I'm only 35 and might as well have some fun before going back to luxury!

2015 X6M, M specific Donington gray with Aragon brown extended leather interior. I wanted red interior for the longest time, but seeing it in person the red is little too bright to my taste, and this brown leather is very close to Ferrari tan, so it's a nice change and looks classy.

Only drove 15 miles on this car so can't comment too much, but what a beast! Love the exhaust note and the power, and handling is great for a heavy SUV. The upgraded leather interior is a better place to be than my 13' 750 for sure.

Funny thing is I bought the car without telling my wife, and till I pull up in the driveway she was surprised! XD but as soon as she sits in the car she's smiling

Btw, bought her the Kia Sedona 2 weeks ago, best money spent on a Van, I got the SX version so got little less goodies than SW15LS, but it's everything we need to haul the family around.

Now we got two new cars in 2 weeks, happy wife and happy me!!

For now just some crappy phone pics, need to find a good day to take some pictures XD
Attached Thumbnails Finally made my decision for my new ride!-image.jpeg  

Last edited by blacksc400; 09-23-15 at 11:18 PM.
Old 09-23-15, 11:12 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Sad to see my 7 go, but jumping in the M makes me forget about it!
Attached Thumbnails Finally made my decision for my new ride!-image.jpeg  
Old 09-24-15, 06:14 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,364 Posts

sweet, congratulations! x6m is indeed a beast, in speed and looks!
Old 09-24-15, 06:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Congratulations on the new Sedona and X6M. I think you and your wife will find the Sedona ideal for many day-to-day needs. As for the X6, like with the Acura ZDX, I find its styling and rear roofline a little too tight for most adults or large teen-agers.....but, hey, that's what you've got a minivan for.

Enjoy.
Old 09-24-15, 08:26 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats! great pickup!
Can you give more detail into the deal you got? early lease turn in? discount off MSRP? or another lease deal?

assuming it looks just like this one?

Old 09-24-15, 11:02 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Congrats! She's a looker.

Congrats on the Sedona too, I had seen that in your sig and was going to comment. I stand by my statement that the Sedona is one of the best purchases I've made. Makes family life so much easier.

We got the Sedona and the LS within like a month too LOL
Old 09-24-15, 11:26 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I thought the 50i version I sampled awhile back was a hoot. This thing must be bonkers!
Old 09-24-15, 12:23 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Yea exact car like Bagwell's picture
Old 09-24-15, 12:25 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Congrats! She's a looker.

Congrats on the Sedona too, I had seen that in your sig and was going to comment. I stand by my statement that the Sedona is one of the best purchases I've made. Makes family life so much easier.

We got the Sedona and the LS within like a month too LOL
Lol cool! XD And I'm very very impressed with Kia's customer service, I got bunch of goodies/extras, and post card from the sales. When I go back 2 weeks to pick up my green slip,
they still know exactly what I need and greeted me before I even get out of the car!

So far no complain on the Van,, except it's super slow!
Old 09-24-15, 12:26 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
I thought the 50i version I sampled awhile back was a hoot. This thing must be bonkers!
It's a monster, I switched it to all sport+ the first time, and it scared the hell out of my family!
Old 09-24-15, 12:28 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my wife would kick me in the b**** if I drove a bimmer and gave her a Kia.

Awesome vehicle. thanks for sharing your adventures with us.
Old 09-24-15, 12:35 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo
Next time you get a Bimmer, then, ask if the dealership will toss in a metal athletic-cup LOL.

Actually, the Sedona is a pretty nice minivan. I was quite impressed with the top-level SXL version I reviewed several months ago...but that version is pricey by Kia standards, and can run over 40K.
Old 09-24-15, 12:38 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
I was debating between S550, new G11 750xi, M5, M6 GC, X5M, and X6M for a very long time.
5 months left on my 750 lease but I already shopped many dealers for a possible early switch.
Just when I decided to wait till end of the year, the dealer who sold me my last 3 BMWs called me and made me an offer I can not say no

So instead of waiting for end of my lease on a new S550, I jumped on the car today. I'm only 35 and might as well have some fun before going back to luxury!

2015 X6M, M specific Donington gray with Aragon brown extended leather interior. I wanted red interior for the longest time, but seeing it in person the red is little too bright to my taste, and this brown leather is very close to Ferrari tan, so it's a nice change and looks classy.

Only drove 15 miles on this car so can't comment too much, but what a beast! Love the exhaust note and the power, and handling is great for a heavy SUV. The upgraded leather interior is a better place to be than my 13' 750 for sure.

Funny thing is I bought the car without telling my wife, and till I pull up in the driveway she was surprised! XD but as soon as she sits in the car she's smiling

Btw, bought her the Kia Sedona 2 weeks ago, best money spent on a Van, I got the SX version so got little less goodies than SW15LS, but it's everything we need to haul the family around.

Now we got two new cars in 2 weeks, happy wife and happy me!!

For now just some crappy phone pics, need to find a good day to take some pictures XD

more pics, and congrats!
Old 09-24-15, 05:23 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

Originally Posted by chikoo

Awesome vehicle. thanks for sharing your adventures with us.
It's the nicest van on the market, no question. Gotta get past the "Kia" thing. If you need a minivan, there aren't any luxury branded options.
Old 09-24-15, 05:41 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
It's the nicest van on the market, no question. Gotta get past the "Kia" thing. If you need a minivan, there aren't any luxury branded options.
Unless of course Mercedes ever decides to release the V-Class in our market

Quick Reply: Finally made my decision for my new ride!