Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-15, 08:26 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service

My lease with them ended July 31st, last payment was automatically withdraw at the end of June. I called right afterward and told them to stop automatic payment on my account. They told me over the phone it's been done no more payments can be withdrawn.

Fast forward a month later Lexus Financial went ahead and withdraw 2 extra monthly payments at the end of July (which happens to be a time when I returned my car). Then they immediately refund one payment but kept the other one.

First rep I talked with tried to argue with me that my account is good no extra payments have been taken. I told her a total of 37 payments have been made with my account. She went thru my statements and said no only 36 and she will send me the statements so I can see. I received the statement a week later and sure enough it shows 37.

Second phone call they were apologetic saying yes we will take care of it.

Today is mid September and I still have not received that refund payment. So I called them again. I was told that we are cutting a check now it will take another 10 days. On top of that rep from Mature Lease Services said you cannot stop automatic payments over the phone has to be done online. She was rude and tried to get me off the phone as fast as possible.

Seriously I love Lexus but Lexus Financial Service sucks big time. I think I get better customer service with my cable company. What a bunch of thieves!!
Old 09-16-15, 08:52 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Sorry to hear buddy... that's another reason why I never set up automatic payments
Old 09-16-15, 08:59 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shurik74
Sorry to hear buddy... that's another reason why I never set up automatic payments
Thanks. Now I have a reason to cancel all my automatic payments except the mortgage. Giving another person permission to take money from my bank accounts may not be worth all the convenience.
Old 09-16-15, 09:11 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Sometimes we learn hard way! Best way is to add all accounts to your bank's checking and pay yourself...
Old 09-16-15, 09:24 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear but yeah I had opposite where I did automatic payment but never went through till I got their collections call. They waived the fee....

Off Topic: Still have those wheels?!?!?
Old 09-16-15, 10:26 AM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djrabbi
Sorry to hear but yeah I had opposite where I did automatic payment but never went through till I got their collections call. They waived the fee....

Off Topic: Still have those wheels?!?!?
Come to think about it automatic payments has made me quite complacent about checking my bills for errors. Good thing I caught that one.

And yes the wheels are gone. It went to another member who has been wanting them since last year.
Old 09-16-15, 11:48 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Were these automatic lease-payments taken out of your checking or credit-card account? A couple of months ago, a lot of banks and credit-card companies, in response to a new Federal requirement, issued new cards (containing the same account number) with imbedded chips in them for add security. Those new cards, in some cases, even with the same account number, can mess up existing automatic payment-deductions because of the chips....as what happened on my own Verizon monthly cell-phone account. Not only does some of he ld equipment not recognize these new cards, but the different expiration date on the new cards can also mess them up. I had to call Verizon Customer Service and, over the phone, have them re-do the entire automatic payment process ...but that solved he problem.

So, if you are not having your payments taken out of a checking account, it might be a problem with a new credit-card. Might want to check that.

Last edited by mmarshall; 09-16-15 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-16-15, 12:02 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great info bro!
Although automatic payment is much convenient but if situations like this rises its a headache. I will keep my automatic payment active until I reach 4-5 months before the maturity date then I will cancel and make payments on my own. I'll follow up on my statements / bank accounts to make sure they don't rob my @ ss
Old 09-16-15, 12:26 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
On top of that rep from Mature Lease Services said you cannot stop automatic payments over the phone has to be done online.
who is mature lease services, i thought the lease was through lexus?
Old 09-16-15, 12:27 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know its convenient but I avoid automatic collection as much as I can. Call me crazy but I even have a separate debit account which I transfer funds to every month to make payments. I don't know its just been like that since the beginning of 2000.
Old 09-16-15, 02:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

I never allow anybody to draw automatic payments out of my account. I use my bank's automatic bill pay, but that I control from my own end. Mortgage included.
Old 09-16-15, 02:07 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Were these automatic lease-payments taken out of your checking or credit-card account?

So, if you are not having your payments taken out of a checking account, it might be a problem with a new credit-card. Might want to check that.
My auto payments come from my checking account.

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Great info bro!
Although automatic payment is much convenient but if situations like this rises its a headache. I will keep my automatic payment active until I reach 4-5 months before the maturity date then I will cancel and make payments on my own. I'll follow up on my statements / bank accounts to make sure they don't rob my @ ss
I called in after the last payment to cancel. I thought that should have been enough. When I called this morning CS rep said only I can cancel that service online. She was extremely condescending and unhelpful. I can't believe Lexus provided such poor customer service. So yes in the future I'm going to do this a couple months in advance.

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
who is mature lease services, i thought the lease was through lexus?
Apparently Mature Lease Service covers problems you have after your lease ended. I can't believe they have their own department for this. They must have a lot of problems. I'm still appalled at their customer service reps.

On top of that when I had my car inspected at lease end (they hired a third party) I had them called me an hour before my appointment to reschedule. I actually took time off work to do that. All I can is this entire lease end process has been a disaster. I'm really glad I'm not dealing with them in the future.

I've been dealing with BMW reps and they are night and day difference. Lexus needs to learn customer service from BMW North America.

Originally Posted by Vladi
I know its convenient but I avoid automatic collection as much as I can. Call me crazy but I even have a separate debit account which I transfer funds to every month to make payments. I don't know its just been like that since the beginning of 2000.
I'm rethinking all my auto payments at this time. I like your suggestions thanks.
Old 09-16-15, 02:09 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SW15LS
I never allow anybody to draw automatic payments out of my account. I use my bank's automatic bill pay, but that I control from my own end. Mortgage included.
Yes I'm looking to do this from now on.
Old 09-16-15, 04:40 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Just an FYI, banks and other financial institutions are subject to certain federal regulations. When a credit card company took two payments out of my account in a month, I found out from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (part of the Treasury Department) that they had 10 business days to return the second payment once I informed them of the error in writing. They also had to pay any returned check fees and interest charges. Now I don't know if it's applicable in this situation but worth checking into. Good luck getting your money back.
Old 09-16-15, 05:02 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kitlz
Just an FYI, banks and other financial institutions are subject to certain federal regulations. When a credit card company took two payments out of my account in a month, I found out from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (part of the Treasury Department) that they had 10 business days to return the second payment once I informed them of the error in writing. They also had to pay any returned check fees and interest charges. Now I don't know if it's applicable in this situation but worth checking into. Good luck getting your money back.
Today they told me they will get me a check within 10 days. They also said that last time. I asked them what happened. They said because there was a check written to me a few weeks ago (a return of my multiple security deposit) so they just assume that that was the check. I know she was lying because the amounts don't add up. I'll consider pursuing this if I don't see a check in 10 days.

I just started searching on Google and apparently Lexus Financial has a habit of over drawing people's accounts after they turn in their cars. Wow that's unbelievable. Their system is made to benefit them. If a customer doesn't find out he or she is out one extra monthly payment. Shame on you Lexus.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/finan...-services.html

Quick Reply: LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service