Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-15, 05:11 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts
Default LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service

Every financial institution has a habit of drawing payments after the automatic payment is cancelled.

I'm in the real estate business and this happens ALL the time with mortgages after settlement and payoff, the bank keeps drawing payments. One client of mine had 3 months of mortgage payments drawn before they finally quit.

Not unique to LFS. All the more reason not to sign up for auto debits.

Last edited by SW17LS; 09-16-15 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-16-15, 05:55 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

What a nightmare!! I do automatic payments too, but it's set up by me from my checking. Good luck
Old 09-16-15, 06:07 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Every financial institution has a habit of drawing payments after the automatic payment is cancelled.

I'm in the real estate business and this happens ALL the time with mortgages after settlement and payoff, the bank keeps drawing payments. One client of mine had 3 months of mortgage payments drawn before they finally quit.

I do remember one time when a mortgage company did this after I refinanced a loan. I guess I expected LFS to be better than this. I just don't put Lexus in the same league as a mortgage bank.

Originally Posted by biggame
What a nightmare!! I do automatic payments too, but it's set up by me from my checking. Good luck
I think your situation is better since you can control whether money can be removed from my bank account. Auto drafting gives you no protection.
Old 09-16-15, 07:03 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts
Default LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service

LFS is just a finance company, same company as TFS, nothing special about it. It wasn't intentional, they just screwed up and their customer service in handling it was poor.
Old 09-17-15, 11:58 AM
Joe166
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you have better luck with BMW, but I think all finance companies are the same. They pay low, they get low and that is why I pay for my cars and do not lease. At all. Don't like to deal with them. When I bought my 2015 GS350 FSport, the salesguy kept trying to get me to lease and promised me all sorts of bonuses and cash payments and that I could cancel after 90 days and keep the payments. Just before I signed I told him I would only sign if they gave me a printed document with the total payments, the amount I was "saving" by leasing and everything else they promised and then had the sales manager sign it. They went away and came back and said they were very sorry but they had miscalculated and the saving was a couple of hundred dollars which got eaten up with the early termination penalty.

They are all the same. PERIOD.
Old 09-17-15, 12:00 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I would put Lexus way above the 3 German giants..... BMW is simply awful, then MB and Audi wasn't too bad but they actually tell the truth and make you realize, your not really getting a deal over Lexus lol
Old 09-17-15, 05:13 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

so sorry to hear about your issues.

but stuff like this is exact reason why i don't use automatic payment services. it's my money, i will pay bills myself
Old 09-17-15, 05:45 PM
mso4
Pole Position

LFS is just a finance company, same company as TFS, nothing special about it. It wasn't intentional, they just screwed up and their customer service in handling it was poor.
Kinda reminds me of the time I called Bloomingdale credit card department to take care of some errors. Didn't realize why the reps sounded so unsophisticated. Turns out they were essentially Macy's. I like Macy's, but just not at the same level as

Originally Posted by Joe166
I hope you have better luck with BMW, but I think all finance companies are the same. They pay low, they get low and that is why I pay for my cars and do not lease. At all. Don't like to deal with them. When I bought my 2015 GS350 FSport, the salesguy kept trying to get me to lease and promised me all sorts of bonuses and cash payments and that I could cancel after 90 days and keep the payments. Just before I signed I told him I would only sign if they gave me a printed document with the total payments, the amount I was "saving" by leasing and everything else they promised and then had the sales manager sign it. They went away and came back and said they were very sorry but they had miscalculated and the saving was a couple of hundred dollars which got eaten up with the early termination penalty.

They are all the same. PERIOD.
I lease because I get to write off the monthly payments. But you're right all the dealerships are pretty horrible. It's their job to rip you off.

Originally Posted by djrabbi
I would put Lexus way above the 3 German giants..... BMW is simply awful, then MB and Audi wasn't too bad but they actually tell the truth and make you realize, your not really getting a deal over Lexus lol
Originally Posted by rominl
so sorry to hear about your issues.

but stuff like this is exact reason why i don't use automatic payment services. it's my money, i will pay bills myself
Yes so I'm going take a look at how I pay my bills from now on. No more auto drafting if I can help it.
Old 09-17-15, 07:34 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
Apparently Mature Lease Service covers problems you have after your lease ended. I can't believe they have their own department for this. They must have a lot of problems. I'm still appalled at their customer service reps.
Generally, maturity departments handle anything regarding end-of-lease - it's not just after the lease. For example, someone who wanted to terminate early would be referred to that department.
Old 09-17-15, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Kinda reminds me of the time I called Bloomingdale credit card department to take care of some errors. Didn't realize why the reps sounded so unsophisticated. Turns out they were essentially Macy's. I like Macy's, but just not at the same level as

I lease because I get to write off the monthly payments. But you're right all the dealerships are pretty horrible. It's their job to rip you off.

Yes so I'm going take a look at how I pay my bills from now on. No more auto drafting if I can help it.
to relieve the stress, you just gotta go out and abuse your m4 a tad more
Old 09-17-15, 09:36 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gengar
Generally, maturity departments handle anything regarding end-of-lease - it's not just after the lease. For example, someone who wanted to terminate early would be referred to that department.
That I did not know. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by rominl
to relieve the stress, you just gotta go out and abuse your m4 a tad more
Trust me it really does relax me haha. I look forward to getting off work every day. It's the first car I've ever driven that can break loose in third gear. A full review and photoshoot is coming after I get sufficient seat time
Old 09-17-15, 09:45 PM
TEXASMAJOR
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's the first car I've ever driven that can break loose in third gear.
Seeing your previously owned cars in your sig, that's nuts. Still have those sticky Michelins on it?
Old 09-18-15, 07:09 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TEXASMAJOR
Seeing your previously owned cars in your sig, that's nuts. Still have those sticky Michelins on it?
I only have about 2k on the new M4 so the Michelin PSS are still pretty fresh. That's my all time favorite tire. I'm guessing they should be good for about 15k miles if I'm lucky.
Old 09-18-15, 09:02 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

That I did not know. Thanks for sharing.

Trust me it really does relax me haha. I look forward to getting off work every day. It's the first car I've ever driven that can break loose in third gear. A full review and photoshoot is coming after I get sufficient seat time
i really look forward to that. i start to see more and more m3/4 on the road, quite a presence
Old 09-30-15, 01:02 PM
MrBsfirst
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is more understandable (17 years in real estate myself) as they are paying off early and not fulfilling their contract, however long it was for. Fulfilling your contract is different and it really shouldn't happen, though it does.

Quick Reply: LEXUS Financial FRAUD and Poor Customer Service