Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Man smashed Mercedes S63 AMG after it keeps stalling .

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-15, 03:34 PM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
LOL had to share this . Saw this this morning and was laughing my *** off. This guy is insane . Seems that he was tired of the car stalling and wanted a refund. I guess he should have bought a Lexus. When will these people learn that dropping 150k on a car doesnt mean it will be perfect. I expected the new Benz to have issues. They ALWAYS DO. What I really want to know is WTF thaty golf club was made out of to last that long LMAO.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/me...deo-99873.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-n...ash-up-6437257
i can't believe this, feel so bad for the s63
Old 09-21-15, 11:09 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Same to BMW, it can not be turn off by default, you have to turn it off every time you get in the car. I got tired of it and tend to ignore it after 2 and half years. Btw, I think it can be turn off by aftermarket coding, and if you close to the SA you can prob have them turn it off too, I tried with my dealership and they wouldn't do it.
Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Yes, you have to turn it off every time you start the car.
gotcha, the same regulation BS then
Old 09-21-15, 10:13 PM
MI350_55
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have referred him to my lemon law attorney...
Old 09-21-15, 10:45 PM
Stormwind
Racer

Originally Posted by rominl
you have to do it every time you get into the car? i thought it's a setting you can turn off for good (until you turn back on)
Yeah it always turns back on by default, it used to be annoying but now it seems like it could be a safety issue with no way to know which car is affected.
Old 11-16-15, 12:32 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A follow up to the story. Looks like MB found the problem as to why the cars were shutting off. Oh, and that gent who smashed his car?.....
http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/engli...ns-ecu-defects
Old 11-16-15, 12:41 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rxonmymind
A follow up to the story. Looks like MB found the problem as to why the cars were shutting off. Oh, and that gent who smashed his car?.....
http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/engli...ns-ecu-defects
Should not have caved in to this freak. Normal people don't do this kind of stuff.
Old 11-16-15, 07:39 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Should not have caved in to this freak. Normal people don't do this kind of stuff.
unfortunately, his action bought a wake up call to the big giant to look into the issue more seriously
Old 11-16-15, 03:43 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by grabber2
unfortunately, his action bought a wake up call to the big giant to look into the issue more seriously
I highly doubt it.
Old 11-16-15, 05:30 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I know someone in the industry who knows 2 people personally who had to lemon law their vehicle. Thats insane
Old 11-16-15, 11:08 PM
Stormwind
Racer

good, maybe now auto off/start can be turned off for good. I personally prefer cylinder shut off over this.
Old 11-17-15, 07:45 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormwind
good, maybe now auto off/start can be turned off for good. I personally prefer cylinder shut off over this.
Start/stop is going nowhere and cylinder shutoff does not provide the exact same benefits.
Old 03-19-16, 05:37 AM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Owner Destroys His Brand New Mercedes S63 at Dealership

Found this article and it's kind of funny and sad at the same time (not sure if this is a repost, but if it is, I apologize). Spending that much on a new car and to not be satisfied must suck. Of course, there's a lot of pomp and pageantry involved with his antics, but to actually do this, regardless of how bad it may be, is a bit extreme. Of course, if I dropped almost $200k on a car and it kept shutting down on me, I would be pissed too, lol, but not that pissed. I would just lawyer up and lemon that damn thing, but of course, no idea what the laws are like in that country.

In any case, I saw Mercedes has a model in their lineup where Consumer Reports recommends avoiding completely. Forgot which one, but I saw it news last night. But, this particular car is hand-built, so to speak, which is both good and bad imo. Good if those workers are doing good, bad if those workers are in a rush to leave work. That's why I actually like automation in car building. Everything is done consistently and with a level of precision every time, something a human cannot do. That is not to say that us humans cannot build a better car by hand, but we all have our bad days, robots do not.

The original article has the video of him destroying his car, lol.

http://artofgears.com/2015/09/14/wat...h-a-golf-club/

Watch This Upset Owner Destroy His New S63 AMG With A Golf Club
Paulo Acoba by Paulo Acoba 26w ago Follow @mylifeisjdm

A very upset Mercedes owner takes his frustration out on his brand new S63 AMG.
When you buy a car that costs you more than $170,000 (200 million Korean Wan) the last thing you expect it to do is break down on you. But that’s exactly what happened to an S63 AMG owner from Gwankju, South Korea according to SBS News on their post earlier this weekend (Sept. 14, 2015.) It takes a lot to bring a person to take a nine-iron golf club from your set, invite the local news crew to film you and absolutely destroy a luxury supercar, but enough was enough. Check out the exclusive video of the man destroying his Merc’ below. It’s not pretty.

Supposedly after buying his brand new S63 AMG and taking it out for a spin, multiple times his Merc’ would shut off on him for no reason. He went to the back to the dealership for a checkup but they could find no problem with the brand new car. But when his car shut off again going less than 25 MPH with his five-year-old son and pregnant wife on board, he demanded the dealership replace it with a brand new car as promised by the manager if it happened again. When he went to the dealership and the manager was not there, he finally snapped.

First he parked his S63 AMG in front of the dealership and proceeded to smash it with a club from his set. After that video caught by a bystander went viral, a local news station reached out to the South Korean man and asked him to take a few additional swings at his Mercedes for them to film themselves, which they did. No word yet if the Mercedes dealership actually replaced his brand new S63 AMG.
Old 03-19-16, 12:36 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Last edited by islandbeef; 03-19-16 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-19-16, 01:21 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I enjoyed watching that for some reason ha ha
Old 03-19-16, 02:17 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Do it like Discount Tires, throw it or drive it through their front window.

Quick Reply: Man smashed Mercedes S63 AMG after it keeps stalling .